A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,742
Currently Running With Scissors:
521 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Sketchbook Project Craftalong 2010  (Read 112887 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Poosel
« Reply #890 on: September 18, 2010 05:46:27 PM »

My daughter got in trouble in kindergarden because she took the precut pieces for "Rudolf the Red nosed Reindeer" and made a girl reindeer with red lips and eyelashes. I told her teacher that I LIKED that hers was the only one that looked different from how they were "supposed" to look. I wish people wouldn't stifle kids like that.

That's so cute! And she is right by the way. Santi's reindeer are girlies. By the time he uses them to do his flying business(late December), male reindeer would have dropped their antlers. Grin

If I ever were to have kids and have some supposed art instructor tell him/her that they did something wrong when it comes to them expressing himself/herself, I would raise hell
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/poosel

Sketchbook Project Theme: Nightmares
puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #891 on: September 18, 2010 08:07:29 PM »

What great stuff everyone is working on, sooo loving the sleep cat.  My daughter is running around saying " seeping, meow, seeping, meeyowwww!"

I'm in the little "slacker" group because I've been working more than I'm used to and my creative juices have gone dry.  I haven't moved beyond my peacock page.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer break = swapping fun!

Poppet vs Ami - partnered & stalking
Kids Craft and Swap Round 7, x2 - sent!
TheMadMel

Meh... Just start cutting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #892 on: September 19, 2010 12:13:28 AM »

This is what I have mapped out so far...  the rest will be poems, short stories, quotes, rants and imagery to go along with.  This is the direction I'm going with my theme though.

Front Cover ADHERE TO ME (in 80 pages) - I'll probably use a bunch of colored duct tape on the cover.

Inside Front cover - Pocket 3.75x3.5 inches will go here (as instructed) must decorate accordingly, maybe make my own pocket out of duct tape.
   This page will say: If you encounter any random thing in this book that you are confused by or unfamiliar with, please feel free to take note of it so you can Google it later.  It'll be fun.  Or just a complete waste of your time. Only one way to find out...

R Page 1 - (title page) ADHERE TO ME (in 80 pages) by Melissa "Mad Mel" Williams (M2)

L page 2 - decoration of sorts, people's faces, things I like, continues into page 3's dedication
R page 3 - This book is dedicated to everyone who has ever adhered to me along the way, and to many more to come.

L+R Pages 4-5
   As we roll through life on this island Earth, little bits of the things we encounter adhere to us, and us to them.
   Poems heard, people met, things seen or experienced... for better or worse, they become a part of us, who we are and how we see the world. 
   As you flip through my Sketchbook Project, you will find things that have adhered to me over the years, and parts of me will adhere to you in the process.
   It's too late now. At this point you're already stuck with a piece of me as I have touched your life, crossed your path, put this book in the collection for you to find.  Might as well keep going. 
   Maybe Serendipity wants you to see what secrets are inside?  After all, there are how many Sketchbooks in the collection, and you're viewing this one? 
   Whatever the cause, I hope you enjoy it as I have enjoyed adhering bits of myself to this sketchbook.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sketchbook Project 2011 Tour - "Adhere to Me"
A Million Little Pictures - "The Great Adventures of"
"My NEW blog!"
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #893 on: September 19, 2010 08:38:46 AM »

That's so intriguing, MadMel. I love your interpretation of your theme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
sheriffkarli
« Reply #894 on: September 19, 2010 06:04:50 PM »

I've finally gotten up the nerve to show you all what i've done so far. My theme is nighttime stories, which i have chosen to take very literally and illustrate parts from my favourite stories! I'm also thinking of asking my niece and nephiew to make up a story and i could illustrate that too!
Onward to pictures!
Pardon the pencil marks, will be eracing those!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafting blog and tutorials at www.madebykarli.com
noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #895 on: September 19, 2010 08:49:29 PM »

sheriffkarli, I really like the rooster! And the goodnight moon! Well, all of them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DawnsTrees
« Reply #896 on: September 20, 2010 02:57:16 AM »

Everyone is doing such amazing work.... I feel like such a slacker - I have some pages started, but nothing except my cover done. I have been feeling very crafty in other areas recently, but as soon as I think about taking out my sketchbook, it all dries up. I had better get over whatever fear I have soon, or I will be forced to send in a sketchbook with just a note about people experiencing a day in their own damn lives....    Grin

Sheriffkarli - your pages are all really good! I really like the goodnight moon page!

MadMel - love the direction that you are planning!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010 02:59:28 AM by DawnsTrees » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #897 on: September 20, 2010 06:44:39 AM »

MadMel - I am so drawn to your journal now and I have yet to see the pages. Speaking to the viewer and making them feel like you had them so intimately in mind is a wonderful idea. You had me at "parts of me will adhere to you in the process"

Sheriffkarli- I like your rooster too and I love Goodnight Moon, it brings back wonderful loving memories for so many people

I am in the slacker group too. I do have my journal taken apart and all of the new paper cut and folded. We have decided not to bind it until the end to give us some wiggle room for mistakes or pages we cant part with in the end. LOL We both have been reading Anais Nin and Anne Rice lately. For research only mind you  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #898 on: September 20, 2010 07:50:27 AM »

I had better get over whatever fear I have soon, or I will be forced to send in a sketchbook with just a note about people experiencing a day in their own damn lives....    Grin

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I love your illustrations, sheriffkarli!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Smmarrt

« Reply #899 on: September 20, 2010 01:22:44 PM »

A few technical questions - In the rules it says to keep the front inside cover blank for artist info. Do we provide that? And is it only from a profile we create on the arthousecoop site?

And my back cover has a pocket - am I allowed to use/abuse/decorate this and make it a part of my book?

I know I should spend some more time on the ahc site but it's so much easier to ask all of you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3
Altered Puzzle Pieces - again!
Ninni Swap in August
Fall Dotee Swap in September
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Buttermilk Pound Cake Recipe
Homemade Brownie Recipe
Caramel Sauce Recipe
Chewy Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cookies
New York Cheesecake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...