A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,221
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Sketchbook Project Craftalong 2010  (Read 114881 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #580 on: August 15, 2010 11:58:56 AM »

Finally have a spare minute... going to sign up today... YAY!  They only have the kraft brown cover, but I figure that's easy to change if I need to. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer break = swapping fun!

Poppet vs Ami - crafting
Kids Craft and Swap Round 7, x2 - sent! 1 received, 1 waiting
foufigirl

Sketchbook Project Theme: In Flight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #581 on: August 15, 2010 03:18:44 PM »

I finally got started on my sketchbook this weekend- hooray! First I stripped the cover off- it was the supplied grey and boring. I thrifted a novel and used it's cover to replace it -though I haven't got the inside done yet- here's my cover! (And I replaced the sticker on the back where it's supposed to go...!) I'm leaving the back until I'm done as a "the end" once I have completed the inside....

I modgepodged it with some recycled kraft paper and made an ATC to go in the inset area. I'm going to use the sketchbook paper from the supplied book but modegpodge or glue it together with other papers to make the pages for the inside.
My theme is In Flight, so will based on me leaving my job to do my own thing- taking the leap!- but also around living your dreams and letting them fly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #582 on: August 15, 2010 03:34:57 PM »

shelina, I love your crocheted edge, and foufi, that's a beautiful cover. I love the image of the girl releasing the heart, and you have the prettiest handwriting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #583 on: August 15, 2010 08:29:28 PM »

I finally got started on my sketchbook this weekend- hooray! First I stripped the cover off- it was the supplied grey and boring. I thrifted a novel and used it's cover to replace it -though I haven't got the inside done yet- here's my cover! (And I replaced the sticker on the back where it's supposed to go...!) I'm leaving the back until I'm done as a "the end" once I have completed the inside....

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/12433_15Aug10_sketchbook-cover.jpg

I modgepodged it with some recycled kraft paper and made an ATC to go in the inset area. I'm going to use the sketchbook paper from the supplied book but modegpodge or glue it together with other papers to make the pages for the inside.
My theme is In Flight, so will based on me leaving my job to do my own thing- taking the leap!- but also around living your dreams and letting them fly!

I love this!!  Also have a question - how exactly did you do the sticker on the back?  Did you peel it off and then restick it?  Just curious because I have been thinking about making a different cover for mine and keep getting stuck on that sticker detail.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010 06:07:40 AM by rackycoo - Reason: please don't quote photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
BethieB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #584 on: August 15, 2010 09:47:28 PM »

Okay, so true to my word, I am trying to post my progress every weekend.  Here are scans of the pages I have done so far.

The black and white checked area at the top is actually a flap.  I'm not sure what I'm going to put there yet, but I wanted it to be interactive in places, so I like it so far.

And on this one, the black polka dot part of the page is another flap.

The bright green on top is the other side of that black and white flap.  I tried to get a good scan and photo of it, but apparently I suck and wasn't able to get anything that looked decent, sorry!!

On this one, the white part in the middle of the page is actually a sheet of regular lined paper glued on.  I'm not sure why the lines aren't showing up, but in real life this page has a lot more texture and is no where near as dead boring as it looks here, I promise.

I'm going to write inside the clouds, but I don't know what I'm going to put there yet.

Okay, so obviously, a lot of these pages don't have actual sketch work on them, or at least not yet.  But my theme is Storybook, so I am leaving a white space in the middle of some of my pages so that I can go back and write a story in my book.  I will be adding more art work to those pages too so that they have more interest, but for right now I just wanted a background to work with and an idea of how much room for text I'll have in my book.

The pages that do have a lot of writing on them, like the red friends page and the tree page, are probably going to be put together either in the back or the front of the story that I'm planning on writing.  These are kind of mini stories though, they are true moments out of my life, so they all belong to my story.  I was having such a hard time with the theme that I had to kind of change it up and think about it ina different way to get over the fear and get started!

Okay, sorry for the picture overload and the long post, just wanted to share my progress!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #585 on: August 15, 2010 10:07:42 PM »

WOW Bethie!! You've done so much already! Thank you for sharing!!

I especially love the quote on your "leaf in the wind" page. And the idea of flaps sounds like fun! Might just need to borrow that from you... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #586 on: August 15, 2010 10:46:00 PM »

Thank you Becka!  It's really nerve racking to post after looking at what other's have done, so I'm glad I could give you a good idea about the flaps, makes me feel better, lol!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #587 on: August 15, 2010 11:53:29 PM »

Thank you Becka!  It's really nerve racking to post after looking at what other's have done, so I'm glad I could give you a good idea about the flaps, makes me feel better, lol!  Smiley

I can't remember.... did you rebind your book with new papers? Otherwise are the markers you are using bleeding through the paper?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #588 on: August 16, 2010 12:55:25 AM »

I am using water color papers.  I started out using the original, but I gave it up after I tore the third one with the tip of my pen...and yeah, everything was bleeding through them.

It wasn't hard to take it all apart and put it back together, at least not with my sewing machine to help do the hard part.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

puamelia

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #589 on: August 16, 2010 02:37:37 AM »

ok, signing up for If You Lived Here... in kraft brown. Thinking of doing a kind of running train of thought every evening, documenting each day, one interesting fact per day, until I run outta space.  And gluing 2 pages together to combat thinness. Smiley  It'll be like a blog, so I'm thinking of posting pages instead of writing my blog while I work on this!

Everyone's doing so well... I'm nervous but I think I'm gonna just wing it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer break = swapping fun!

Poppet vs Ami - crafting
Kids Craft and Swap Round 7, x2 - sent! 1 received, 1 waiting
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watercolor Painting Techniques
How to Paint with Acrylics
Graffiti Expert Paes 164
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter Z
How to Draw Etou Misaki from Dragon Crisis
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...