A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 301,615
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Sketchbook Project Craftalong 2010  (Read 125161 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1040 on: November 30, 2010 09:19:50 AM »

I hadn't heard of the canvas project... sounds interesting! Is it just like the sb project, but with a canvas?

Hey, I started working on my cover... It's no longer plain craft brown, but a smudgy rainbow of metallic pigment powder. So that's just the base, and I'll do more painting and embellishing on it when I can muster the strength! Perhaps I'll post a pic later today. As for the pages.... I counted and I've got about 1/3 of them done. Tongue I'm only freaking out a little
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1041 on: November 30, 2010 12:06:39 PM »

I can't find the canvas project.

I have done nothing! nothing! nothing! in ages. I guess I am joining the get-it-all-done-on-Christmas-vacation club. I have two more weeks of (big) school and then maybe I can force myself to commit to one page a day. Like many of you, my journal looks awesome in my head!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Winter Ninni Swap - Sign ups 12/01 - 12/15
4 x 6 Art Swap - January 2015
Fabric Art Journal Pages - February 2015
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #1042 on: November 30, 2010 02:31:03 PM »

Well I figure I'm either going to have to drop what I'm doing (um....usually having a shower or trying to go to sleep) and work on my book when I have a fabulous idea OR lock myself in my workroom for a few days soon.  real soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FOC 2nd Chance Wishlist Swap  Jan 7/15 - Feb 6/15 

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #1043 on: November 30, 2010 07:46:26 PM »

I hadn't heard of the canvas project... sounds interesting! Is it just like the sb project, but with a canvas?

Hey, I started working on my cover... It's no longer plain craft brown, but a smudgy rainbow of metallic pigment powder. So that's just the base, and I'll do more painting and embellishing on it when I can muster the strength! Perhaps I'll post a pic later today. As for the pages.... I counted and I've got about 1/3 of them done. Tongue I'm only freaking out a little

The Canvas Project was really fun. You are sent a list of three words, and you have to do a painting to represent each word. I got 'Allium' 'Exultant' and 'Gateway'. You get 3 4x4" canvases to use whatever medium you'd like. Two of my three I painted, one I used Copic and Prismacolor marker. haha. Each artist who participates also gets at least one of their canvases into the book that they do for it each year, and you do have the option to buy the book if you like, but it's not required. I ordered the book because I love art books.

I can't find the canvas project.

I have done nothing! nothing! nothing! in ages. I guess I am joining the get-it-all-done-on-Christmas-vacation club. I have two more weeks of (big) school and then maybe I can force myself to commit to one page a day. Like many of you, my journal looks awesome in my head!

http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/canvasproject
Link to the canvas project <3

EDIT: I found another thing that looked fun.
http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/fiction
This is called the Fiction Project. It's sort of like the Sketchbook Project, but it's meant to literally kind of tell more of a story... I guess? I dunno... I thought it seemed interesting. After I mail in my Sketchbook, I might ask dad if he'll pay the 25$ for me for this if I don't have the cash at the time.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010 07:50:47 PM by Fullmoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
amaryllisroze

Member of the Papercraft Gang

« Reply #1044 on: December 01, 2010 07:34:16 AM »

Wow...I wish I had seen the Canvas Project before the Sketchbook. I definitely would have chosen that one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #1045 on: December 01, 2010 06:35:35 PM »

If they do the Canvas Project again next year, you should definitely do it. It's really fun =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1046 on: December 05, 2010 07:32:18 PM »

Hey guys!  Sorry I have been MIA around here.  I've been avoiding my sketchbook like the plague.  But, I finally conquered it!  (Or am in the middle of the conquest anyway.)

So, my theme is Storybook.  And you can't have a story without words, and you can't have words with the alphabet...so I'm doing an alphabet book.  But the Storybook twist is that it's an alphabet book all about me, the story of who I am.  Each of the pages is collaged with painted backgrounds (I will show pics soon, I hope to get time to get stuff scanned tomorrow morning) and pen work, kind of like Teesha Moore's style stuff.

Anyway, I am wondering if I should include a page at the end of the book that says why each word or picture is included in the book.  I realize now I could have done this on each page itself but it's too late for that, plus I think it would make it look cramped.  As an example of what I'm talking about - on the "L" page I have a light, a Littlest Pet Shop sticker, and the words 'Left me."  On a page in the back, I could list that the light is there because I'm terrified of the dark, the sticker is there because my daughter has collected LPS's for 5 years and we love them, and the 'Left me' is for when my mom walked out on us. 

Does that make since?

What do you guys think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #1047 on: December 06, 2010 07:48:30 AM »

I like the idea of a "footnotes" page!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FOC 2nd Chance Wishlist Swap  Jan 7/15 - Feb 6/15 

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1048 on: December 06, 2010 07:50:53 AM »

I think it would be really interesting to read about the meanings behind each page. Could you put something in the little pocket at the back?

I have all my backgrounds done and am on the collage stage so I have some nice backgrounds to work on. Still no idea what I'm going to do on them Roll Eyes I removed some of the centre pages so that I have 24 left, so 48 pages which I'm numbering like hours. (my theme is sleepless)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1049 on: December 06, 2010 10:07:22 AM »

Phizz - I actually covered the pocket in the back.  I have got to upload pics so you guys can see what I had to do...anyway, I have three blank pages in the back of the book and two blank ones in the front, so I have lots of room to add a footnotes page.  Thanks for the input guys!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Ways To Wear A White Dress After Labor Day
Fashions To Help Your Kids Rock The New School Year
How to Wear Sheer Fashions This Fall
New Technology To Fight Against Fake Goods
Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez Got Seriously Sexy for 2013 Teen Choice Awards
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...