A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 313,043
Currently Running With Scissors:
477 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP16 - Gallery  (Read 42814 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: September 12, 2010 12:24:19 AM »

I received from CamOovas! And boy was I spoiled!  Grin

A beautiful drop spindle kit. I am sooooooo excited to learn how to spin! Gotta get my daily dose of fiber in ya know  Wink  We have a wonderful collection of roving locally that I can now take advantage of at the ever-so-famous Halcyon Yarn. I have used it for needle felting but now I can look at it in a whole new light and really have fun with mixing colors  Smiley Sooo cool.

Some practice roving. Thank god, cause I would feel guilty to learn on anything else!

Some absolutely gorgeous batting for spinning. She picked such a beautiful blend!

Panties straight from my wist! It must have been so much fun for CamOovas to have an excuse to get her hands messy with paint  Smiley

A beautiful leaves pendant to which I need to wear very soon.

And last but certainly not least, a needle felted hamster! Isn't it cute?! She totally captured so many details, especially how hammies have light fur around their eyes.

And because I am so proud of my little hamster, Samantha, I am going to sneak in a pic of her since the needle felted one looks like her (^_^)

Thank you so much for everything CamOovas! I absolutely love everything and forever cherish everything!(well, I am sure with the exception of the panties. No one wants to have 40 year old panties hanging around  Wink ahaha)

Also a big thank you to our organizer and co-organizer!

Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

'Best of 2014' Winner

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #291 on: September 12, 2010 03:54:29 AM »

I love the hamsters (both of them).  The pendant is beautiful.  What a great package! 

Happily married to my best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #292 on: September 12, 2010 10:13:46 AM »

More great packages I love everything so far! I received from Norma yesterday and I absolutely love everything! We are having some pretty crummy weather today and cant get any good pictures to save my life so I will be taking pictures and posting tomorrow!

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
Hippos are my favorite Smiley
« Reply #293 on: September 12, 2010 12:56:55 PM »

I got these 12 lovely ATCs from AidenRomantic a few days ago -

The three on top say:
Blue is the chosen color of conservative people. Blue is a calming color. Dark blue is the color of truth and moderation. Blue is the color of Wednesday. Blue is a color used to open communication. Blue symbolizes solitude and peace.

Green is the color of nature, fertility and life. Green symbolizes self-respect and well being. Green is the color of balance. Green is the for Friday. Green is a good color for change. It protects from fears and anxiety.

Purple is the color of good judgement. If you surround yourself with purple you will have peace of mind. Purple symbolizes magic, mystery and royalty. Purple is the color of Thursday.

The white one on the bottom says-
Our trues life is when we are in dreams awake. you cannot dream yourself into a character, you must hammer and forge yourself into one. Go confirdently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. Dreams are the touchstones of our character.

The purple one on the bottom is from a book(?) in German(?), and the blue one is a map of Hawaiian islands.

Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010 12:57:41 PM by ThreadOrYarn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #294 on: September 12, 2010 05:35:22 PM »

I received my AMAZING package from edie22 last week. But my pc died. So it's been a lot of fun. I don't have a pc right now so Love and I are sharing his. Makes things...interesting especially since it's Windows 7 and I've never used it before. Plus, I had to get different photo editing software. Hopefully, the pics came out ok. I just really wanted  to show off the amazingness she sent me. Prepare for picture overload!

First off, this is the supply half. Seriously, there is SO MUCH HERE this would have been a breathtaking swap all on it's own! There's about a million headpins, toggles, clasps, wire, Porceline markers (for drawing on ceramics), etc. It's simply amazing.

But no, that's not even close to all. She also sent me a huge batch of handmade items.

There's a messenger bag of pure awesomeness, a reversible apron, a shrug and matching wrist-warmers in the coolest color yarn ever, a Halloween fabric zipper bag, an orange zipper bag, a little mini zipper pouch and keychain to match the messenger bag. Whew!

(Inside of the messenger bag. There's pockets and compartments and very useful sections!)

(This is the other side of the apron. So cool!!)

(A horrible attempt at an action shot to show off the shrug. It's mainly showing off Love's laundry piles but...and YES it fits perfectly!)

(The zipper bags and keychain)

(The wrist warmer - same yarn as the shrug so you can see the amazing colors a little better. Seriously, it has like every color that I like mixed in. That's my fat tabby girl, Mika, in the background. She wouldn't leave the bed when I was taking pics. Grin )

Edie, seriously, I've received some amazing things in swaps before but I'm blown away but the sheer vastness of the amazingness you managed to fit in the box. (Seriously, you guys should have seen the packing job she did, it was highly impressive.) THANK YOU SO MUCH for swapping with me. I can't tell you how much your package made my week. Grin

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
« Reply #295 on: September 12, 2010 06:26:14 PM »

I'm so glad the shrug fit!!! That was my favorite thing I made you! and I was so worried because i have no idea what a size small looks like Smiley  I haven't seen a size small since like elementary school.  Smiley

-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

« Reply #296 on: September 13, 2010 07:03:05 AM »

ThreadOrYarn - I'm so glad you like them. The girls I watch told me that they liked the beach one the best and then the 3 monochrome ones. The book page is indeed German. It's from the 1930's. I figured if I added anything to the Hawaii one it'd look tacky, so I left it as is. My favorites are the German book page and the monochrome colors.

Working on getting my overdue swaps out after life got in the way.

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #297 on: September 13, 2010 08:27:23 AM »

I got my package from Luckdragon this morning and it is AWESOME!!!!  I will post Wednesday when I am done all my shifts and can find my camera, but she sent me a GORGEOUS weekender bag, a beautiful hair comb, some fantastic jewelry off my wist, and the cutest little make up bag.  Luckdragon, you totally stalked the heck out of me!  I love everything!

Happily married to my best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #298 on: September 13, 2010 12:26:31 PM »

I received from Norma on Saturday! Opened it when I got home from Richmond Sunday morning at 2am and was so excited! I love everything she sent and am so happy she invited me to swap with her! So sorry to people with analog cause there are lots of pictures!

Whole package.

Bedding for my boys Sid and Lightning. A corner hammock, regular hammock and pocket hammock. Hubby got over excited and hung everything at once lol but they are being loved by the boys.

Toys for the ferrets and the cats.

Patchwork pillow.

Cute little bag

Gorgeous embroidery I can't stop touching, I love all the different stitches!

Circle skirt with a t-shirt to make a waistband "diy partner style" lol

And the coolest thing in the package! Patchwork skirt!

I think I forgot to take a picture of the hippo bank she sent but he is all white with a glittery purple star on his butt. I love that we each sent the other one the same bank! Thank you so much Norma for everything we need to do it again! Smiley

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
Hippos are my favorite Smiley

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #299 on: September 13, 2010 12:37:03 PM »

Love the short patchwork skirt!  I may have to try one of those! I didn't think I had the patience to make a full length one, but the short version is adorable!

The hippo embroidery is very cute as well!

Megzy, I'm guessing that you lLOVE purple and hippos!  Wink Grin

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Glowing and Dewy Skin
7 Flawless Homecoming Makeup Ideas
How to Pull Off Nail Art at the Office
Allure 60-Second Tips: How to Get Ombré Lips
Surprising Beauty Hacks Using Coffee Grounds
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Spinach Feta Breakfast Quiche
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Asymmetric Cowl
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Felt Basket

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...