A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,375
Currently Running With Scissors:
706 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP16 - Gallery  (Read 33390 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JessySihk
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010 07:29:38 AM »

Oh wow cool =] i didnt know someone had already received, i love that package! Those embroidered towels are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The craft swapping community! =] Check it out!
http://whoopdwhoop.com/

You can get my jawbone necklaces in my shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CavePunker
http://www.wists.com/JessySihk
beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010 07:31:40 AM »

While it seams wrong to comment on someones package I just love you stuff. I cant believe someone sent out already. Makes me feel like a slacker. But I will get back to work now.  So cute I love the flower clip.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
Megzy818
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Happily married to my best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010 09:20:35 AM »

Great start to the gallery! Love all the embroidery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1414000172&ref=profile
Hippos are my favorite Smiley
tendstowardschaos
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010 12:08:07 PM »

6craftycats - Love all the embroidered pretties! That table-runner is gorgeous...great details around the edge and lovely fabric (may I ask where you found that cute print?)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

6craftycats
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010 07:10:30 PM »

Thanks everyone for all the kind comments! My husband said I was totally obsessed with this swap, I guess thats why I got everything out so fast. (that and the fact that I was super excited for my first swap lol)

The fabric from the table runner I got at Hancock's. (shhhh... it was on the half off table lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010 11:17:42 PM »

LOL, I just wisted the VW. Now, I wish I woulda kept mine. He could have been yard art! Cheesy

You should see the other sides of the bug, I love seeing it everytime I'm in the area.

Love the Linens, wonderful job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
mieljolie
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010 11:04:18 AM »

Wow!!  I'm still stunned that someone is already finished.  Wonderful items there.  The flower pin is beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mieljolie
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010 10:56:34 AM »

Just received an awesome Tribal Bellydance/Halloween themed package from first time swapper, MissingWillow!  

Let the swap envy begin...  Smiley

First off is my very own tassel belt!  Yay!  It's beautiful.  The orange tassels match my costume (which is still a WIP) perfectly!   Notice the custom bead she painted for me.  Candy corn on one side and spooky eyes on the other.  I really like the eyes!   Shocked

Below is an action shot of the belt and some crazy candy corn pantaloons she made me to wear under my tribal skirts.  What a hoot!  Going to be perfect with my Halloween outfit when it's finished!  The orange underskirt I'm wearing in the pic will be patchworked with some black and turquoise to make a really full monster overskirt.  I really had to get an action shot these to do them justice, but my photo assistant (Mom) is out of town.  Had to take these myself with the timer.

A really cool voodoo-style necklace inspired by my wist.  Can't put in to words how great it is!   I love it!  Fabulous!  Awesome job!

A colorful set of potion bottles filled with ingredients:

Front row:  Amortentia = Passion Flower, Runespoor Eggs = Tonka Beans, Moonstone = moonstone
Back Row:  Frog Parts = surprise inside!, Flobberworm Mucus Crystals = Salt, Dragon's Blood = really is "dragon's blood" (I looked it up.  It's tree resin used in varnish, medicine, etc...)

Below is what I found in the "Frog Parts" jar.  The cutest little glass frog.

Golden Snitch Pins - in a nicely decorated box from "Quality Quidditch Supplies".  How cute are these!  Each of my family members will get to wear one of the four to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, FL this coming October.

Handmade soap - in the shape of yummy looking pies and a sheep.  Sorry, but nobody in our house will get to use these.  Too cute.  Smiley

Honey - collected from her very own bees. How cool is that!  I had to taste it right away.  She didn't say, but I think it has peach or apricot flavor.

That's not all!  Here's a shot of everything together with two three additional items:

Ghawazee Coat Pattern - which is very cool.  I've been talking with my mom about making one of these for her.  This pattern will be very useful to us.  Wish us luck with our sewing skills.  Wink

Cookbooks!  - These are wonderful!  Every year my sis and I throw Halloween parties as a family get together.  We're going to have lots of fun trying out these new recipes with our daughter whos are finally getting old enough to help out.  The books are illustrated and very cute!

THANK YOU sooooo sooooo much, MissingWillow!  
You did an amazing job on my package.  I hope you will enjoy yours just as much.  I bet it's going to be tough waiting so long to receive yours.  But, I already warned you that I'm going to take 'til pretty much the deadline to spoil you.   Grin
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010 11:06:01 AM by mieljolie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010 12:10:10 PM »

lalalalalalalalalal alalala!  That's a virtual zaghareet for how awesome those pantaloons and belt look on you!  We're the same height, so the pantaloons weren't difficult.  I can't wait to see your entire costume!  I also want to see your Mom's ghawazee coat when you get around to it.  The honey isn't flavored, it's as-manufactured by our bees.  After two trips to the big city looking for wing charms, I ended up getting the world's ugliest set of earrings at Wally World just for the wings  Wink  I'm glad you like everything.  Thanks so much for accepting my swap invitation, this was too much fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010 01:47:10 PM »

What a wonderful package!  I love the belt and pantaloons, they work very well with the skirt.  I've found that home-made honey tends to have hints of flavor that vary depending on what the bees were pollenating at the time.  Growing up, we had some friends whose bees made a wonderful mesquite honey.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Jimmy Carter
Meet Food Writer Michael Ruhlman
Roz Savage Reveals Her Favorite Song
Gustavo Arellano Talks About Orange County
Meet Author Glenn Beck
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...