A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,492
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Sunburst pullover from July '10 Crochet! magazine  (Read 3675 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kobechina
« on: July 07, 2010 07:59:59 PM »

I loved this pattern as soon as I saw it. I would love making this with others and would love seeing other versions of it. I looked at their website and found out that this is not from the current issue (I just bought mine a few days ago from the local grocery store). So I am not sure how many people have this pattern or would be willing to get it. But if you think you would like to make it, please consider joining me!

EDIT: Now that ansley has joined me, I will declare this crochetalong active! (Two people count, right?  Wink)

EDIT: EDIT: Please see my last post as to why I closed the crochetalong.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011 08:19:39 AM by kobechina » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ansley
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010 12:59:23 PM »

I am not experienced but I am trying this one.  So far it hasn't been too bad but I haven't started to put it together yet.

I have the rounds and neck half round done and 5 of the other half rounds.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kobechina
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010 03:51:01 PM »

That's awesome! I've made a few circles and was going to post them to let people know that this pattern is very doable. But I got busy with other projects and no one seemed interested so I didn't. I can't wait to see how yours comes out. Cheesy What color are you making it in? Mine is a dark maroon color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ansley
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010 01:02:24 PM »

I am just playing around (never crochet clothes before) so I used some yarn I already had.  It is blue and white.  I have a blue top that I think would look good under it.

I wanted to make it when I first saw your post but I didnt have the pattern.  It turned out to be in my first issue of Crochet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ansley
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010 09:46:37 AM »

Mine round isn't flat like the picture shows.  Is yours?

I asked a lady (P) that has been crocheting for many yrs if she could figure it out.  She said I was doing what the pattern said to do.

I could make it look like the picture but P said as long as I was consistent (not to mention I had already done so many) it shouldn't matter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kobechina
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010 10:12:20 PM »

My round is flat, but I am using a larger hook than the pattern says because I tend to crochet tight so I always have to use a hook several sizes larger to get the correct gauge. I think that you should be able to make it flat by blocking it when you are finished. I don't know. I have never blocked before. Maybe someone with more experience than me could give you some better ideas.

Here are a couple of photos of one of my rounds...(I'm not the best picture taker Sad)

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010 10:37:38 PM by kobechina - Reason: added pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ansley
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010 09:50:41 AM »

Yours looks good.  I'll try to figure out how to add a picture.

It is my round 7 and row 7.  If I look at the picture it looks like 7db per ch space but the instructions have 7db 1db 1hd 1db trb trb per ch space.  That gives it a ruffle look.  I thought I was reading the instructions wrong but P said I was reading it correctly.  If not, it still looks okay and will be a happy little accident.

I did 1 sq last night.  It is tight.  If I read it right I am supposed to ch5 then slip stitch to make a round then I am supposed to put 11 sets of (3dc 1hd 3dc ch1) in it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kobechina
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010 08:17:01 PM »

I have two birthdays coming up soon, so I have to put this project on hold for a little bit. But it seems that you have someone you can rely on to ask questions of which is really good  Smiley. I can't wait to see your progress pics and I can't wait to pick this up again hopefully by the middle of Sept.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kobechina
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010 12:17:20 AM »

OMG. Sorry I was gone for so long  Sad... This month I started work, school, and had my dad's b-day and my son's b-day. I WILL NOT be a procrastinator anymore! (Uh-huh  Cheesy).

I went back to what you said about your circle ruffling, and I think I know why. When you say the pattern says to "7db 1db 1hd 1db trb trb per ch space" that's not quite right. What that means is that for size small you do 7dc, for medium you do 7dc, for size large you do 7hdc, and so on. So what you do depends on what size you are making. But I think it's great that you ended up doing something different and it's working out. I can't wait to see it! Pics please, please, please. I would love to see a two color version.

And for the square, I think again you are looking at all the sizes at once....*dc[dc, hdc, dc, dc, dc] in ring, ch1, rep from * 10 times means that for size....

sm - dc, ch1 11 times
med - dc, ch1 11 times
lg - hdc, ch1 11 times
xl - dc, ch1 11 times
xxl - dc, ch1 11 times
xxxl - dc, ch1 11 times

I hope you are still working on this and you haven't given up. I feel like such a bad crochetalong-er. I will get cracking on this again and hopefully will have some more progess pics up soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kobechina
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010 09:09:45 PM »

Well, I'm at the part where I try to put all the pieces together and it's hard. Following the pattern at this point is not getting me anywhere, so I'm trying to wing it by looking at the pictures.  Tongue

Shout-out to ansley...how's it going? Are you getting anywhere with the joining?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lighter Carrot Cake Parfait Recipe
Irish Buttermilk Scone Recipe
Lemon Meringue Tart Recipe
How to Make Cinnamon and Sugar Dough Balls
Channel Once Upon a Time With Magical Apple Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...