A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,739
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Greek Mythology Swap! (Signups Closed, Sendouts August 21st)  (Read 6906 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ethertree
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2010 08:22:01 PM »

Haha I thought I'd share this: Nick Humez just came on my shuffle and reminded me of his awesomeness. He's a professor of mythology in Providence, RI. He also writes songs about mythology, and they are hilarious.

I'm trying to find a clip of one of his songs - imagine twangy folk tunes about the twelve Olympian gods, Norse mythology set to steel drums, and "Akhenaten's Gavotte." Ok, so it's a mixed bag, but the good ones are worth the price of the album in my opinion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iliveonarainbow
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2010 08:48:12 AM »

Haha I thought I'd share this: Nick Humez just came on my shuffle and reminded me of his awesomeness. He's a professor of mythology in Providence, RI. He also writes songs about mythology, and they are hilarious.

I'm trying to find a clip of one of his songs - imagine twangy folk tunes about the twelve Olympian gods, Norse mythology set to steel drums, and "Akhenaten's Gavotte." Ok, so it's a mixed bag, but the good ones are worth the price of the album in my opinion.

I've never heard of him, but that's awesome! I'll have to look it up. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theatreorchid
Craftssassin

Just kill him with your awesome.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2010 11:01:50 AM »

Hee, that sounds great!  I'll have to look him up, too. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iliveonarainbow
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2010 09:26:22 AM »

Hey girls! How's everyone coming along?
I have one medium/large done and made a big supply run last night and know for sure what I'm doing with the other stuff.
I must say, I'm SOOOOO pumped for when it's to gallery time; can't wait to see what everyone has made. =]
Only two weeks left until send-outs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Doxie24_7
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2010 01:04:18 PM »

I don't know why but I'm having such a hard time with this swap. Like I make something and I look at it, then hate it so I make something more. I am creatively stumped. I'm gonna be up to my neck in Greek God crafts by the end of this swap because I just keep going.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2010 02:25:42 PM »

My internet crapped out but I am getting ready to send.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you have some spare roving you're willing to part with? Wanna do a personal swap? PM me!

Respect ghosts and gods, but keep away from them -Confucius
shayneblate08
Craft-aholic and not looking to quit!

Crafty Weirdo and Proud of it!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2010 05:09:37 PM »

I made a medium and am in the midst of collecting materials for the rest. couldn't find the material that i was looking for in my stash--so mad at myself for not being more organized. So yeah, I hopefully can figure out something to use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iliveonarainbow
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2010 08:34:25 AM »

I made a medium and am in the midst of collecting materials for the rest. couldn't find the material that i was looking for in my stash--so mad at myself for not being more organized. So yeah, I hopefully can figure out something to use.

Ah, I know how that is, it seems I can never find what I'm looking for when I really need it.
I've got most of my package done, just a couple things to finish and I'll be ready to send too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Doxie24_7
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2010 12:58:01 PM »

I'm almost done with all of mine but I probably won't be sending to till the 19th or so. I'm busy over the next few days and the 20th is my birthday so I have different events planned. I just want to make sure I have time on the day I send to go to the post office. Last time I went to my post office to send out I spent an hour there because the lines where so long. It's like that most of the time. It's a small city with a lot of people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ethertree
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2010 03:04:47 PM »

I probably won't send out until the 21st, knowing me. I think it'll work out well though - I haven't finished anything yet, but I'm in the middle of my large and two mediums right now. Having fun experimenting Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pixie Perfect Celebrity Haircuts
How To Make Your Blowout Last Longer
Try Hair Gloss For Shiny Locks
How to Create a Twisted Bun Hairstyle
Erykah Badu Leads Celebration of Natural Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...