I would like to point out this is the first thing I've ever sown
apart from a sock rabbit (got a amazing sewing machine for my birthday and have been sewing lines on a pillow case for 2weeks to test all the different stitches (274!) plucking up the courage to actually sew something. So then I threw my self in the deep end with no pattern either! (oh and I moved house in the middle of it also hence the terrible photographs!)
I though the most obvious choice for this challenge would be a sun dress... so I ran a mile from then
I had a hideous twin sheet from when I was little lying around, unsure of what to do with it... and I needed some nice comfy short to sit around the house crafting in now its (finally) got to summer... so these were born!
Trust me its me that's wonky and not the PJ's!
There are pockets in the shorts and a wide waist band (elasticated on the back to gather it while leaving the front taught)
With all this excitement I forgot to take a before shot... but the sheet was all stripes of the same pattern
This is one of the two rectangles I started with for the top folded over once I decided on the length.
Originally the front and back where going to be the same height, but I didn't like the look of the chunky straps and all the straight edges! so the back was shortened and the gathering on the front extended up...
in progress shot (haven't finished the shorts here)
Thanks for looking!
And please remember to vote for your favourite in the challenge! On a side note-
I enjoyed this so much I've decided to make a dressing gown from another sheet! I started this last night so know it wont be done in time but wanted to share it anyway ..
The back (without sleeves)-
The front with Pj's-
There is now two pockets on the front, white stitching details along the top of these, and down the edge of the front flap. and a white button closure.