A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,384
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Emo Dino Maxie Hoodie-------Giant picture sandwich  (Read 3290 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 05, 2010 03:52:06 PM »

I was having trouble finding the sheet I wanted to work with.  I have a WWF (yes it's that old) sheet that I thought I would make a summer dress...but the Hub said no for some reason (I didn't REALY want to cut it up anyway.  There is something about sleeping with the HeadBangers once in awhile...OR the Macho Man Randy Savage!) I think I went to about 8 thrift shops before I found this...

By the way...if anyone knows what the translation of his name is please PM me

At the same shop I found a reallllyyyy long zipper that started at the top of my head and went nearly to the floor.  I have been thinking about a Maxie dress and so it all seemed to be destiny.

I made my own pattern with the trusty rusty newspaper method.  I wanted to have a length of the sheet uncut, so I decided that would run from the top of the hood down the back.

I left as much as I could on the space for draping part, so I could pin and drape the wrap around side to the long strip down the back.  I have not played with draping in a while, so I was nervous about cutting away too much first.  After I cut the pattern out, I put the zipper in before draping...

I did not manage to get any pics of it while I was draping the back tho...but here is a few with it 1/2 way done on the dress dummy.

Once I got it together I noticed this...I kinda forgot to worry about maching the seams where I had to add panels in the front to make it long enough...so....
I made pockets to hide my booboo a bit better.

I used Steam A Seam Lite to re enforce the pockets so the on bias pocket would not stretch out of shape.  I used SaSLite to put the name on the top of the hood and to seal up the space under where the zipper ended as well

I cut thin bias strips to finish the arm holes, and then just did a simple hem.  I had some longish bits left over so I made strips and braided them for a head band.  I simple tied a hair elastic in the ends to make it a bit stretchy.  I used the elastic to make a pony tail so I would not fall off.

This is what I had left over after that...

And now what it looks like on and such...

I left the tag on in homage to the sheet...

And last but not least....All Zipped up....don't think I'll be wearing it much like this....

But I LOVE it.  It's was really satisfying to do the whole fitting thing by my self.  And I am so pleased that the pattern worked out how I wanted it too.

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
spicytaco

Lalala...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010 04:14:03 PM »

That's neat. What a great sheet to find. I'm always looking for funky sheets and never actually find any. It looks super comfy to wear.

(ps. I like your bee tattoo. I have one too.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*insert witty saying here*

I has Wist.
Sammo6661Deth
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010 04:34:22 PM »

This is from the anime "Muka Muka Paradise." I used to watch this all the time when I was a kid! This is cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: www.kurowonderland. blogspot.com

"Only the insane equate pain with success"

どうか酷い夢だと答えて欲しい
どれだけ叫び 悶え 苦しめばいい
Fontiua
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010 05:32:43 PM »

What a cute sheet! you made a super cute dress
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creating something from nothing is the most theraputic thing in this world for my soul.
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010 07:00:58 PM »

This is from the anime "Muka Muka Paradise." I used to watch this all the time when I was a kid! This is cute!

Thanks everyone!  And double thanks for the anime info...I  didn't even know where to start
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010 06:04:25 PM »

this is absolutely awesome!!!  i love it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Getting Salon Style Extensions At Home
2013 Summer Hair Trend: Medium Length Cuts
How to Style 1920s Short Hair
Hair Care Tips for Aging and Thinning Hair
Tips for Coverage and Camouflage Of Thinning Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...