A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
708 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Belly Dance Belt  (Read 1297 times)
Tags for this thread: bellydance  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 05, 2010 02:45:13 PM »

This is my first attempt, and it's a bit on the cheesy and last-minute side (we decided about a week ago to do a 4th of July performance for some friends!) but all in all I'm happy with how it turned out, and now I can make more intricate, beaded belts that actually fit (as opposed to the tubes of fabric they sell that only fit... well, no one, really).

I pinned the fabric around me (5 darts in all, ranging from 1-2 inches each), sewed them into the facing (sheer fabric with interfacing ironed on) and backing (plain white fabric), then sewed those pieces together and added the grommetted edge pieces.  I slapped on some patriotic plastic bits and it was good enough for that performance!  I do plan to bling it up more if I ever use it again, but I can set it aside (and work on others) until Memorial Day next year.

It only took about 2 hours (I realized a truly beaded one will take weeks, but for something fun and festive and cheesy, 2 hours isn't bad!) so I can make one for every weird holiday and be set!  Talk like a Pirate Day, I'm thinkin' of you, specifically...  Cheesy

If anyone has any tips/experience/critiques I'd love to hear them - I want to get better!  (I consider myself a pretty novice sewer, so this was a pretty big deal for me to tackle, even though it's really simple... I need all the help I can get!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Summer Made 9
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010 05:05:53 PM »

That is stunning!!!! I love it just the way it is IMO
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fontiua
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010 05:31:52 PM »

Super cute great job
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creating something from nothing is the most theraputic thing in this world for my soul.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Fruit Ice Pops at Home
Strawberry Daiquiri Ice Pops Recipe
Grilled Peaches With Mascarpone and Honey
Hugh Jackman Makes Banana Bread
Hugh Jackman Makes Granita
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...