Swap name: 44 Cent Swap Rd 4
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: sheepBlue
Craftster member who is co-organizing this swap: UntouchableFace
Sign-up date range: July 4 - July 13
Date to send item by: July 20
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES
If so, which country? U.S.
Additional Age requirement? No
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
Thank you previous organizers for the details.
Also when pm'ing the organizer, please inclue in the swap related message 44 Cent Swap Rd 4 -
DETAILS OF SWAP
Have you ever wondered how much you can fit in an envelope and still pay only 44 cents for it to be mailed to its destination? Well, credit for this brilliant swap idea goes to lovesclutter!
In this swap, you have one week to fill an envelope with random craft-related and/or crafted goodies from your personal craft stash and mail it to your partner(s).
Some possibilities are: mini crocheted/tatted/woven/knitted things, iron-on embroidery patterns, non-stuffed stuffie, hand drawn artwork, embroidered things, decorative patches, illustrated letters like in medieval bibles, shrinky dink charms, napkins or tissue to decoupage with, iron fusible fabrics, appliqués, decorative tape, stickers, fabric and paper scraps, vintage buttons, cross stitch fabric, magnets, bookmarks, needle books, finger puppets, earrings, cuffs, stitch markers, card cases, cup cozies, ribbons, fiber, little cute erasers, feathers, needle books, interesting pictures, inchies, patterns, whimsies, ephemera, beads, glitter, sequins, jewelry findings, lace, journal pages, photos, stamps, steampunk doodads, puzzle pieces, stencils, stamps, charms, rub-ons, trading cards, postcards, ric rack and trim, paper punched shapes, ATCs, thread, origami, keychains, recipes, Wonder-Under, friendship bracelets, pressed leaves/flowers, matchbook notebooks, flat pendants, small pouches, ...Get creative!
Per the USPS website, here are the guidelines for the envelopes:
For first class mail, the weight must not be over 1 ounce to qualify for the $0.44 postage fee (caution: if you go over the 1 ounce limit, it will cost you $0.61 for an envelope which weighs up to 2 ounces).
- Rectangular; length is the dimension parallel to the address.
- At least 3-1/2 inches high by 5 inches long by 0.007 inch thick
- No more than 6-1/8 inches high by 11-1/2 inches long by 1/4 inch thick
- Surcharge will apply for nonmachinable letter This means it should go through a machine that turns it at a 40 degree angle.
Therefore, to qualify for the $0.44 postage fee, the key here would be to keep it more or less flat (so that it will be machinable) and to make sure it weighs no more than an 1 oz
(gotta love those digital scales!).
Since this swap requires little or no crafting time, you have the option of signing up for either 1 or 2 partners!
The Fine Print:
1. Good communication is very important! It is your responsibility to inform your partner(s) and the organizers when you send/receive your envelopes.
2. Although this is a random swap, the general rule of thumb is to send out things which you would love to receive.
3. No DCNs will be required for this swap (because the envelopes do not qualify for DCNs), but you must agree to resend to your partner(s) if the envelope(s) go missing (for whatever reasons).
4. Everyone who signs up for the swap must post in this thread, the more often, the better so we can see what you are up to and know you are still around! Feel free to PM me if you forsee any problems so we can help you. This should not be an issue at all, since this will be a very fast, fun swap. There is a little over one week for signups, and then a week to send out.
PM you approval message to me
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: 44 Cents Swap Rd. 4
Your real name:
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old (yes/no)
How many partners would you like (1 or 2)?
Do you have any common home allergies (such as pets, cigarettes, etc.)?
Do you have any allergens in your home (such as pets, cigarettes, etc.)?
Do you have access to a camera or scanner (for pictures to post in the swap gallery)?
Do you promise to really, really try to keep within the requirements for spending 44
cents on postage? This is very important to me in the spirit of the original idea
Do you agree to resend to your partner if your sent envelope fails to reach its destination?
Write down a couple of things that are of interest to you that are also readily available, please remember that these items are just ideas. (e.g. fiber, paper crafts, beads, etc.):
Indicate if you would like supplies, crafted items or both:
FEEL FREE TO INDICATE IF YOU DO NOT WANT SOMETHING!
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
Rd 1: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=309168.0
Rd 2: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=314408.0
Rd 3: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=320539.0
Rd 1: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=310172.0
Rd 2: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=315827.0
Rd 3: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322956.0
Rd 4 GALLERY: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=353951.0
1. sheepBlue (2)
2. panthermoon (2)
3. audio-astrophysics (2)
4. Megnificent (2)
5. DanniJo85 (2) *First-time swapper Welcome!*
6. SaralaAnne (1)
7. rubies-pearls (2)
8. puzzler (2)
9. Lady Pistola (2)
10. trebleclef (1)
11. gamemom42 (2)
12. blupaisan (2)
13. lindyv321 (2)
14. lauren.o.lively777 (1) *First-time swapper Welcome!*
15. Craftineer (2)
16. Smuckers9 (1)
17. PepsiTwist (2)
18. taraston (1/2)
19. Ekioart (1/2)
20. sailorgirlbonk (2)
21. UntouchableFace (2)
22. Strawberryh (2)
23. yzzilnoaj (2)
24. PureOath (2)
25. fabricfriend (2)
26. dragonslair (2)
27. Aidenromantic (2)
28. TheSavoyTruffle (1) *First-time swapper Welcome!*
29. Mbellish (1)
30. Sera unravled (1)
31. peguinknits (1) *First-time swapper Welcome!*
32. teag (2)
PartnersBlue - SentGreen - ReceivedOrange - Late with NoticeRed - Contact me Immediately
Crossed Out - Feedback given UntouchableFace -> Sailorgirlbonk, Craftineer Ekioart -> gamemom42 Smuckers9 -> sheepBlue PepsiTwist -> PureOath, yzzilnoaj Sailorgirlbonk -> UntouchableFace, Megnificent taraston -> Lady Pistola Aidenromantic -> blupaisan, lauren.o.lively777 Craftineer -> UntouchableFace, fabricfriend lauren.o.lively777 -> Aidenromantic lindyv321 -> Audio-astrophysics, panthermoon gamemom42 -> Strawberryh, [color=green]Ekioart[/color] trebleclef -> dragonslair puzzler -> yzzilnoaj, Rubies-pearls SaralaAnne -> Megnificent blupaisan -> Aidenromantic, Audio-astrophysics DanniJo85 -> fabricfriend, teag Megnificent -> Sailorgirlbonk, SaralaAnne panthermoon -> sheepBlue, lindyv321penguinknits
sera unravled Angel - Miss Barbara Lady Pistola -> dragonslair, taraston Rubies-pearls -> TheSavoyTruffle, puzzler Audio-astrophysics -> lindyv321, blupaisan sheepBlue -> Smuckers9, panthermoon Strawberryh -> gamemom42, PureOath yzzilnoaj -> PepsiTwist, puzzler dragonslair ->
, Lady Pistola fabricfriend -> Craftineer, DanniJo85 teag -> Mbellish, DanniJo85 Sera unravled -> penguinknits TheSavoyTruffle -> Rubies-pearls Mbellish -> teag PureOath -> PepsiTwist, Strawberryh