A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
698 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED:One Tiny Polymer Clay Thing:July 3rd-July 17 EXTENDED sent out by Aug14th  (Read 12425 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sushipanda
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2010 05:58:57 PM »

If it can go wrong it has with this swap. I made the first one and used clear clay instead of white and so I did it again bso it would be right. The next time it came out beautifully and I sprayed Krylon gloss sealer on it and of course sticky is the only word to describe it. LOL I tried to rebake it and then when that did not work tried acetone and that helped but I will be working on it some more. Needless to say I want it to be better than that so I will be attempting the project for a third time tonight. I am sooooo sorry sushipanda I am not flaking I promise. This has been a very surreal crafting experience I think Murphy is looking over my shoulder. Anyone have any thoughts on how to salvage the other piece.

Sorry things aren't working out the way you had planned, but I'm happy to hear that what ever I receive will be perfect.  Third time's a charm right?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

szuzu1969
PEZ Dispenser

ohhh shiny pretty happy things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2010 07:28:29 AM »

If it can go wrong it has with this swap. I made the first one and used clear clay instead of white and so I did it again bso it would be right. The next time it came out beautifully and I sprayed Krylon gloss sealer on it and of course sticky is the only word to describe it. LOL I tried to rebake it and then when that did not work tried acetone and that helped but I will be working on it some more. Needless to say I want it to be better than that so I will be attempting the project for a third time tonight. I am sooooo sorry sushipanda I am not flaking I promise. This has been a very surreal crafting experience I think Murphy is looking over my shoulder. Anyone have any thoughts on how to salvage the other piece.

Sorry things aren't working out the way you had planned, but I'm happy to hear that what ever I receive will be perfect.  Third time's a charm right?  Wink

Most definitely. I did end up making one for you and one for me and that seems to have done the trick. I hope you like it. I sent it out today but it may take a bit to cross the pond. This has been a fun as well as educational swap thanks for the opportunitiy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want something bad enough the entire universe will conspire to help you get it.
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2010 02:43:08 PM »

Fingers crossed - baking tonight. It looks good uncooked, too bad it's not like cookie dough and it would be good in either form....

And besides my lovely partner, are one of you swappers an expert in polymer clay? I have a quick question - I can look it up I suppose. PM me if you think you can help....and thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Done
Altered Puzzle Pieces - Done
Ninni Swap in mid September
Fall Dotee Swap -Visit the gallery!
sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2010 01:32:56 PM »

I put my final try in the oven and it is baking right now...I torchure myself way to much on these small projects LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2010 01:44:39 PM »

I have updated progress for those who have sent out and item were received by pics being posted. Please let me know if I missed anyone!!

thanks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2010 01:16:38 PM »

We got home from my mom's house to an utterly hilarious and wonderful package from my partner suereal Cheesy!... and dead camera batteries Tongue. So I'll be posting pics hopefully tonight if it doesn't take all night to upload them. Maybe tomorrow morning, we'll see how the dial up loves me today...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2010 04:50:13 PM »

Really cute items in  the gallery!!!
Mine is completed but I have not been able to get to the post office. Tomorrow morning mine will be on its merry way to blupaisan!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2010 07:00:20 PM »

We got home from my mom's house to an utterly hilarious and wonderful package from my partner suereal Cheesy!... and dead camera batteries Tongue. So I'll be posting pics hopefully tonight if it doesn't take all night to upload them. Maybe tomorrow morning, we'll see how the dial up loves me today...
heheh I'm glad it made you laugh...I laughed nearly the whole time I was working on it...cept when the first one was catapulted into the ceiling of the toaster oven.....still have to glue it back together..but then we each have one Grin  Can't wait to see your pics.  Mine came out terrible
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2010 10:14:33 PM »

Did you think my pics were OK? It was a bit hard to photograph that delicate funky little thing. I could take more in daylight...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2010 10:03:09 AM »

Did you think my pics were OK? It was a bit hard to photograph that delicate funky little thing. I could take more in daylight...

Yeah they came out great!  The ones I took sucked...all fuzzy and such.  The one that came out ok was the one I took in the dark LOL, but you can only see the glowing bits LOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tamira Laboy: The Revlon Makeover Challenge
AJ Schulz: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 1
Alyssa Wallace: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 1
AJ Schulz: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 3
AJ Schulz: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...