A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED:One Tiny Polymer Clay Thing:July 3rd-July 17 EXTENDED sent out by Aug14th  (Read 11798 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2010 08:35:17 PM »

Yes but you should also tent a piece of foil over the top of anything you bake, especially in a toaster oven, which is also what i use, Since your piece sits so close to the heating elements it causes the clay to darken and sometimes get dark spots like burns or scorching. Foil prevents this! If you cover with foil it preserves the true color of the clay =] without giving it that "Baked cookie" look.

Forgot to mention I did that...and will so that now and forever.  I made a bunch of glow stuff too and it allwasy had burnt on me before, and it didn't this time.  Thanks for the tip!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
taraston
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2010 06:58:04 PM »

AWWW if Snoopy had know Canadians could join she could have joined!  But since we thought she couldn't I ask her to personal swap. Can we posst our tiny clay thing here also? I'm just getting started good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May a sunbeam warm you, a moonbeam charm you, and a craft idea hit like monkeys flinging poo.
JessySihk
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2010 08:13:15 PM »

My partner received my polyclay item today =] she is out to dinner right now but will post photos when she returns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The craft swapping community! =] Check it out!
http://whoopdwhoop.com/

You can get my jawbone necklaces in my shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CavePunker
http://www.wists.com/JessySihk
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2010 08:14:18 PM »

I'd LOVE to see your other stuff Tara!
I sent in my questionairre specifically so Suereal and I could partner up (I'm in Canada too) or there would have been none of us in this swap Smiley. We talked our lovely organizer into it, she was so nice to let us in!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010 08:15:12 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2010 10:15:34 PM »

I sent in my questionairre specifically so Suereal and I could partner up (I'm in Canada too) or there would have been none of us in this swap Smiley. We talked our lovely organizer into it, she was so nice to let us in!
Craftylittlemonkey and Sweetyetevil are soo cool!...I just pestered the forum in hope it would work out..and it did! Moral: Whine and ye shall receive. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
szuzu1969
PEZ Dispenser

ohhh shiny pretty happy things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2010 12:24:00 AM »

My partner received my polyclay item today =] she is out to dinner right now but will post photos when she returns.

Wow sent out already! I am seriously slacking and must get on the ball. Hopefully tomorrow during nap time if the twins go down at the same time I can start on my project. I am going to make a
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want something bad enough the entire universe will conspire to help you get it.
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2010 07:45:55 AM »

Ops, I forgot to post that I send yesterday! Will PM you guys....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
sweetyetevil
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2010 08:30:02 AM »

AWWW if Snoopy had know Canadians could join she could have joined!  But since we thought she couldn't I ask her to personal swap. Can we posst our tiny clay thing here also? I'm just getting started good.

I was only going to do a USA swap since it is my first but at the last minute suereal and craftylittlemonkey said they would swap with one another so it was a go....AHHHH! My next hosting will not be so difficult haha cause now I know what to expect....
if you want to post though you will need to do that in the personal swap gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetyetevil
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2010 08:31:50 AM »

Craftylittlemonkey and Sweetyetevil are soo cool!...I just pestered the forum in hope it would work out..and it did! Moral: Whine and ye shall receive. Grin
You two crack me up! LOL I am excited to see what you are making for one another... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2010 11:30:47 AM »

if the rain lets up I will be mailing out today ( I live a block away from the post office and refuse to drive there it takes longer to drive by the time I find a parking spot, not to mention the gas used for such a short trip)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Makeup on Date Night
Get Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen’s Smoky, Bronze Eyes
Product Review: Glamoflauge Concealer by Hard Candy
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Of The Week
How To Create An Ombre Lip
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...