A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 305,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
351 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 4th of July Cupcakes!  (Read 725 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HaylBale

Craftster Best of 2010 Winner

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2010 01:55:00 PM »

I've been on a big cupcake kick recently.  More specifically, I've been really into making cupcakes and then inserting some deliciousness into the middle.  I want all the calories I can get without all the hassle of eating multiple things.  So, in celebration of fireworks and bbq I made some "somewhat" lighter cupcakes.

I bought 1 box of regular angel food cake, whipped that up and put it into a cupcake pan.  The batter went into my 12 cupcake pan twice and a shade more.  Cooked them till they were gold and beautiful on top then as soon as they cooled, which was almost instant, I dug out a little hole right in the center of the cupcake. 

For the filling, I went even easier.  I bought a squeezable strawberry jam and filled up the holes in the cupcakes. 
The icing was a buttercream recipe.  I used 4 cups of powdered sugar, a stick of room temp butter, a teeny tiny splash of vanilla, and some splashes of heavy whipping cream.  I sadly didn't have milk but somehow had whipping cream so that is why I used it.  I added a bit of water to it because I didn't want the icing to be face blasting rich.

So, there is the red-jam, the white- angle food, and now....the blue! Get yourself some blue sprinkles and go to town.

THESE ARE DELICIOUS!
Seriously, I was going to take a picture of it cut in half but I just started eating and could.not.stop.

Finished Cupcake

Cupcakes with the strawberry jam filling

I put my icing in a baggie and snipped off one corner

And ta-da!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrs_cunningham
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010 02:00:39 PM »

YUM!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can't wait to meet my little man! 10-11-10! <3
BoyceMachine
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010 02:02:25 PM »

I want all the calories I can get without all the hassle of eating multiple things.

This may be my favourite thing ever said.  Ever!

Nice cakes too. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a garden.  Dig it.

www.wists.com/Boycemachine
linda0989
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010 07:12:17 AM »

These look great! I too recently discovered the deliciousness of the angel food cupcake! It's great that you don't have to wash the angel food pan anymore if you make cupcakes instead! The strawberry jam idea was very smart... I'll have to remember that for next Canada Day Smiley Have a great 4th of July!
Linda
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Cuts of Beef from the Rib
Cuts of Beef from the Short Plate
Grades of Beef
Primal Cuts of Meat
Introduction to Beef Basics
Latest Blog Articles
June 29, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Summer Hat
Hedgies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...