A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 FIFA World Cup: Which team are you cheering for?  (Read 872 times)
Tags for this thread: world_cup  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jcy-works
« on: July 03, 2010 02:11:34 AM »

So, I previously crocheted a soccer ball for my friend's birthday present, but never had the chance to take any nice photos of it before I gave it out.  It's now the season of the FIFA World Cup, and I decided to borrow it back from my friend for around a week so that I can take photos of the soccer ball and maybe post it up on my blog before the World Cup season is over! XD (I know... kind of mean to take the present back, but I really wanted to post up some photos of it!).  I added a vuvuzela for it as well as a flag for the team I'm cheering for: Spain!

Back at home, I was watching the news on the Chinese channel in Vancouver (Fairchild TV), when my brother suggested me to send in my soccer ball photo to the Fairchild TV channel for a chance to get selected and get viewed in the "Phototips" section of the news.  Phototips is a short section in the Fairchild TV news where the news broadcaster pick out a few photos among the many photos they receive each day from the audience, and they introduce them on TV.

Hesitating at first, I decided to send in a photo this morning.  When evening arrived and the Phototips section of the news was finally being aired, my family and I sat down and watched.  The first few photos were all about fireworks from Canada Day.  My family started joking around, saying how fireworks are so much prettier than a ball of yarn, so of course the broadcaster would just choose the fireworks over my soccer ball photo (in a friendly way ~ my family and I like to joke around with each other a lot ^^) Then all of a sudden, THERE IT WAS!!  My soccer ball, being shown as the last photo selected for today's news! HAHAH.. XD My family was literally laughing like crazy, saying things like "OMG, that ball actually got selected!!"  We were laughing so hard that none of us were able to hear what the host was saying when my photo was being shown!  Luckily the news was re-played later tonight so I had a chance to record it!  I don't have a video recorder at home though, so I had to use my camera.. it's not the best quality because for some reason, when you record a TV screen using a camera, you get these black strips moving across the screen in the recorded version.

Here's the photo I sent in to Fairchild TV:

Here's the link to the video clip I recorded (it's in Cantonese though, because the news was from a Chinese channel... Sorry to those who don't understand Chinese!).  To skip over the other selected photos, just fastforward to 1min 6sec into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb71PJYB2E4

You can also see the video from my blog at: http://jcy-works.blogspot.com/2010/07/2010-fifa-world-cup-which-team-are-you.html

Funny night. Tototally wasn't expecting my soccer ball to appear on the news!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010 01:52:57 PM by MareMare - Reason: to replace with blog link going to exact project » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kristel1978
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010 04:20:41 AM »

It's cute! It must be really funny to see your own work on TV!

I'm cheering for the Dutch team  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
wawamommy
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010 05:24:49 AM »

I'm not cheering for any team, I don't watch soccer.  However, I ADORE your soccer ball! Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Le Mieux
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010 06:55:52 AM »

this is amazing!! i particularly love the vuvuzela ("zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!") and congrats on getting on tv!! thats brilliant!

i was supporting england  Cry then ghana  Embarrassed so now i'm not supporting anyone as i don't want to spread my bad luck!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

http://www.wists.com/harbles
http://miss-chlo.blogspot.com

UK Swap - sent!
mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010 05:50:56 PM »

I LOVE your ball!!!  My son is also supporting Spain.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
jcy-works
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010 01:28:32 PM »

Thanks guys!!
Spain just got into the finals!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
PowerPoint Video Overlay Text
Using AutoSave in Microsoft Office 2010
Making Image Adjustments in Photoshop CS4
Using the Rotate View in Photoshop CS4
Using Content-Aware Scaling in Photoshop CS4
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...