A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,799
Currently Running With Scissors:
718 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Green Idea Chain Game  (Read 18777 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

helenm66
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010 03:46:48 AM »

make dog collars or leashes

what can I do with old electrical plugs?

H
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperSnipper
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010 10:30:43 AM »

Make little miniature people. I always thought that their shape looked like tiny dresses. Just add a head and torso, a little paint or sparkles, and there you go!

What can I do with a giant magnet from the back of a blown out subwoofer?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
polgan
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010 08:41:18 AM »

How big is this, and what shape is it? You could put some pictures and a clear acrylic top over it, so it can double as a paperweight/picture frame and paperclip holder for a desk. A multi-tool!

I've got a bunch of pens that were kind of cheap and don't write anymore, what could I do with them if I took the ink out and jstt had the plastic tube?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2010 10:44:57 AM »

How big is this, and what shape is it? You could put some pictures and a clear acrylic top over it, so it can double as a paperweight/picture frame and paperclip holder for a desk. A multi-tool!

I've got a bunch of pens that were kind of cheap and don't write anymore, what could I do with them if I took the ink out and jstt had the plastic tube?
You don't want the giant magnet near your desk if you have a computer on it! Again, what size is the magnet? Could you attach it to the bottom of a vaccum cleaner to pick up pins and such?
And....the pens? Hmm..
Glue them to an empty can to make a pencil holder? Make a picture frame? Cut them up to make funky beads?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
http://www.gofundme.com/bvnj24,help kid's chess trip
MoonlitSun
Never stop believing. Stars never do.

We all need a little magic in our lives.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010 06:29:08 AM »

If the pens are opaque, you could glue a clothepin at one end and sink the other end in polymer clay shaped in a cool form, decorate the pen if the design on it does not suit you, it could serve as a recipe holder or reminder(You could also glue a photo in front to hide the clothespin.)
If the pens are clear, paint them and attach them together to make a curtain of pens! Or use them to store leftover beads from a project or broken bracelet and glue them around a can as bookstorebabe suggested, pretty and useful. (different coloures of beads in the pens would look attractive when glued together around a can would look attractive.)
Bookstorebabe you forgot to post a question.

What can i do with rubber shavings left from rubber stamp carving?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a CHOCAHOLIC! Dare eat chocolate in front of me! xD
My Pinterest ^_^

Yay for personal swaps! Message me anytime ^_^
Currently looking for aida cloths! 14 or 20 count, or anything you can part with!
seleniebeanie
Running on all 4 cylinders!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010 06:30:15 PM »

You could cut out a shape (I don't know, maybe a lamb) from cardboard and smear white glue all over it, then sprinkle your rubber shavings on it for a textured look.
I was going to say cut out a bat shape, but I don't think the rubber will take on
a spray painted colour. If it does, make a textured bat!...or whatever shape you like.

What do I do with these burnt-out lightbulbs? My Christmas lights wouldn't come on, I tested the bulbs & discovered they were all burnt out, so I junked the light set.
I have used them in making Christmas ornaments. Any other ideas?

Made some LOTS of Christmas ornaments with them:

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010 05:14:59 PM by seleniebeanie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My ultimate gifts to receive: Thread and Glue Sticks!
shayneblate08
Craft-aholic and not looking to quit!

Crafty Weirdo and Proud of it!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010 06:53:21 PM »

What do I do with these burnt-out lightbulbs? My Christmas lights wouldn't come on, I tested the bulbs & discovered they were all burnt out, so I junked the light set.
I have used them in making Christmas ornaments. Any other ideas?

If you get a long thin piece of wood, drill holes on the left and right, you could glue the bulbs in a row for a necklace/hoop earring/ring/bracelet holder, then put string through the holes and hang from a nail in the wall or a hook.

what could I do with a bunch of rectangular beer name keychains?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hippomama
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010 07:35:02 PM »

I belong to a pincushion group...they have shared to make a mini pincushion to attach to your wrist when sewing....put stuffing in the bottle cap, cover with fabric and glue in bottle cap...add a piece of fabric and velcro for your wrist and attach it to the fabric and you have a mini pin cushion
THIS ROCKS   Logged
seleniebeanie
Running on all 4 cylinders!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2010 05:03:36 PM »

The beer name keychains may be linked together to make a belt?

I don't know how many you have, if you have lots, make a fun door/closet "curtain"

How about separating the tag from the ring - If you crochet, you could crochet around the ring part -maybe a snowflake or doily, or a circular piece of lace... The tag part maybe could be used as a necklace fob...a paintable one! (I don't know if the ones you have lend themselves to paint, just guessing)

Have fun & post your pics!

Okay, what can I make using a wine glass? I had a matching pair, but 1 broke, so I have a lonely one. Wink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My ultimate gifts to receive: Thread and Glue Sticks!
BrittaniaPaints
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2010 08:08:19 AM »

'Okay, what can I make using a wine glass? I had a matching pair, but 1 broke, so I have a lonely one.'

You could paint the glass and fill it with something (like candy) to give as a gift.  Or to keep it for yourself, you could embellish it and use it to hold jewelry - hook earrings can be hung on the rim and bracelets or rings could be held inside.

Any interesting ideas for a bunch (by 'bunch' I mean 7 or 8 ) of clear glass vases?  They are all different sizes and shapes and some have a ribbed or spiral texture to them.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010 11:56:32 AM by BrittaniaPaints » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
"Nutella" Ice Cream Recipe
How to Make a "Nutella" Lava Cake
How to Make Banana Cupcakes with Honey-Cinnamon Frosting
How to Make Cartocci
Make Oreos Even Better in 3 Minutes with This Oreo Dip Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...