A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,618
Currently Running With Scissors:
704 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Green Idea Chain Game  (Read 18799 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Antidigger
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2012 02:06:14 AM »

Ooh, I can do this one. <bounces up and down>

Save the pretty ones out and donate the rest to charity (assuming there is a charity near you that takes stamps: we are asked for them by several organisations).

Take the pretty ones, layer them up to a respectable size, then use them as card toppers.
Steam them off the paper and decopage a folder for a philatelist.
Use the foreign ones as part of a travel tableau.

Now, what can I do with copper and aluminium washers with a large internal hole and a diameter of 2-3 inches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2012 12:42:58 PM »

Make washer pendants! Glue decorative paper, maybe even fabric to the back, coat it with some kind of clear sealer?
Use the washers as tiny frames, (2-3 inches across, right?) Use them on ATCs or other artwork or poly clay creations-they sound like they'd be cool portholes on a submarine or aircraft.
String them up, interspersed with beads perhaps, and make a wind chime! Do you have a lot of them? The copper you could seal, or let it turn a pretty verdigris.
Seriously, they do sound like they have good possibilities for jewelry, especially the copper ones.

What can I do with a lot of dried up ink pens besides throw them away? My sis gave me a lot-maybe 50 or so?-ink pens with different colored ink for my kid, but she'd had them long enough that a lot of them don't work.
And how about thick cardboard rolls from packing tape, and little plastic rolls from scotch tape?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
http://www.gofundme.com/bvnj24,help kid's chess trip
seleniebeanie
Running on all 4 cylinders!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2012 03:47:52 AM »

Holy cow! So many crafty possibilities....
The pens: you can hot glue them all around the outside of a tin can from soup, as a nifty pen holder. She can get about 2 done and if she wants to get creative, she can glue a circle of fabric down inside to act as a blotter, and tie a ribbon around the outside for a feminine one.

The plastic tape core: I saved mine from work all year for this project... Little stocking hat ornaments. I made A LOT. I'll post a link later, but all you need is 10 pieces of 9" yarn and a little stuffing. Loop the yarn around the ring, and use the last piece to tie them all together, trim & stuff

The cardboard tape core: I keep these from work too. I've made costume arm bands with them as the base. I'll post a link later. Now, I'm saving them to make little trinket boxes. I saw an idea on you tube, and made it better. Essentially, you use the core as a template to draw 2 cardboard circles. Cover everything with either fabric, wallpaper, or scrapbook paper. Glue 1 circle as a base, the other circle becomes the lid so you'll need a scrap of ribbon to form a hinge. Use a bead as a knob or a tassel for an opener, and you now have a quick & cute gift. Or cover them in construction paper, forget about the lid part, and glue them side by side or stack some to use as organizers of different heights.

Q: what can I do with 4-ceramic looking egg cups? And now, we have a Keurig coffee maker, what to do with all those little k-cups? They have a small hole punched in them. I've been separating them so they will recycle and compost. Hubby, not so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My ultimate gifts to receive: Thread and Glue Sticks!
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2012 11:35:13 AM »

Okay, the egg cups could be re-done into candle holders as a gift for someone, or as a decoration for your house.  Melt wax from half burned candles into them (with a wick). 

K cups :   I have considered using them as seedling starters specifically because of the holes in the bottom.   I haven't tried it, though.

Any thoughts on what to do with 6 water damaged sections of privacy fence?  Because of the damage (rot), I can't really put them back up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkrose020
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2012 05:43:16 PM »

Remove the rotted sections and use them as a nifty headboard. ][http://vernon-nj.inetgiant.com/items-for-sale/furniture/classic-style-picketfence-headboard-4558750]  That one costs $137, but yours could be made simply for the cost of the paint and nails.  :-)

Let's see...what can I do with about two dozen glass shot glass sized candle holders with some small bits of wax and wick left in them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2012 09:12:24 PM »

Oh!  That one is easy!  I would use a double boiler to melt down the wax, and make as many "new" candles as you can. 

If they are blank, you could etch them or paint them (or whatever) and use them as gifts for people.

Or, just clean the remaining ones out and use them as shot glasses, since they are the right size Smiley

What can I do with 3 "cases" of sticky laminant tile?  You know, those things you put in your kitchen instead of real tiles?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SuzyScissor
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2012 08:25:27 AM »

Sticky Tiles, use them to line kitchen drawers and cupboards, punch holes and use them as journal covers, cover with fabric for a stiff and waterproof grocery bag bottom, make storage boxes for craft supplies, use them to make a hanging room divider, peel off the sticky side, attach felt and use under heavy furniture to protect floors, lighter colors could be used as erasable marker boards...

What to do with old cd's? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2012 06:00:25 PM »

Old CDs? I've always loved the idea of cutting them up and making a disco ball. I have used old records to make clocks and don't see why you can't paint one up and use for a small clock. Also a suncatcher in a window would be pretty as well as a mobile inside.

A standing cd rack? Holds maybe 50?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2012 08:49:41 AM »

Turn the cd rack on its side and use it for paper storage if you are a papercrafter, or fabric storage for your small bits if you are a fabric hoarder.

Ummm...what can you do with a ton of pony beads? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2012 09:27:23 AM »

Colourful mulch for your pot plants? Or a gravel alternative for a garden path if you really do have a metric ton!

Oh, err, what can I do with the myriad of sticks that came off the trees in the recent high winds?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Final Cut Pro Part 2/4
How to Make a Particle Explosion Part 2/2 - Houdini Particles
How to Create Cloth Simulation - Houdini
How to Use Final Cut Pro Part 3/4
How to Create an Earth Scene Part 1/2 - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...