A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 61 (DONE)  (Read 18149 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frosty772
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2010 10:57:03 PM »

Im going to claim Claire313 for something on her list.  Im not sure yet as there are a few possibilities of what so we will call it a surprise for the moment lol!!

This is my third claim
one has been sent (another going out tomorrow)
Nothing received

Hello there !!
Im Tammy.  Im 38 and im a stay at home mom to three boys in Northern California. I moved here from OH and love it!!  I like to sew, quilt.  I am starting to get into embroidery and can crochet a little bit.  Im very much into girly type stuff and love anything regency -titanic era. I also love 30s-40s things as well.  I am allergic to nickel.

Here are my wishes
Anything off my wist list is great!!

Crafted Items~~

KNITTED AND CROCHETED

I love this shawl and I am willing to wait longer if anyone will make it for me. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CivilWarShawlKAL/  Im not picky about color.  Would be just happy to even have one.

I would love some soft wool socks!!
Snood in a 40s style (prefer a crochet or knitted tie versus elastic (stays on better)
I have a weird obsession with knitted cuffs!! I love them!!  Chocolate brown, red, white, mustard yellow.

SEWN

**Civil War Era Cape called a Mathilde Mantilla (Think of a Civil War era Poncho.  This is basically what it is)  Here is a link to the pattern http://www.uvm.edu/%7Ehag/godey/images/s5902170.jpg  and here is an example of what it looks like http://www.thegracefullady.com/civilwargowns/ready-mades_silkmantle.htm Measurements will be provided.  Wool blend or Corduroy would be great. Hood is decorative and is not functional. It only uses around 3 yards.  I would also prefer it lined for warmth. It would be great if I could retain the pattern as well for future projects.  (I can sew I just cant figure out how to make it <frown>) without a pre-drafted pattern.  OR If someone with any drafting skills wouldnt mind drafting a pattern to my size I could play around with it and make my own (If I have a pattern to work with)

Aprons!!  Even though I sew them I would love to see what others come up with!!  I would also like two childrens apron (both are under 12yrs old)  Transformers and Spiderman a plus!! (one claim at a time is fine needless to say   Grin)

New purse (same reason as above!!!)  I am in need of a large school bag/tote!!  The strap on mine is starting to come loose.

Primitive Rageddy Ann doll (An example is in my wists)

Handwarmers like the ones offered at Hot Topic.com. Victorian Goth ones would be perfect.

Crazy Quilted Purse.  Or any purse made by you!!  Im needing a new one!! (received a beautiful one from feast your eyes.)  More are welcomed!!!

Victorian capelet.  At least waist length please email for length.

Regency or Victorian era Reticule

Petticoat (cotton or cotton blend please) either knee or ankle length !! I actually wear these a lot!! (Im 5'5 email for length) (received one from farmgirljane and would love more!!)

Slat bonnet or corded can provide links if needed.  Any pattern should do as they are all basically the same result.

I would love love love some embroidered handkerchiefs. Victorian motifs preferred.  Monogrammed with my initals would be nice too!!

Victorian slippers.  This pattern is from 1864
http://www.victoriana.com/VictorianShoes/victorianslipperpattern.html

Im looking for special kind of apron for my husband.  He cooks the eggs at breakfast time and is a ninjitsu martial artist.  I would love an embroidered apron that has a ninja/martial artist holding a spatula in each hand and says "Egg Master" underneath.  Fabric and colors are open as long as its durable and holds up.

Bars of handmade soap (the kind that is made from lye).  I have always wanted to try it!!  Lavender, oatmeal, goats milk, citrus are great however any scents are welcome!!  Or soap supplies/kit as I would love to learn how to make my own. Pre-made bars are appreciated as I have young children and am concerned with having lye in the house.

Bath bombs.  Also jars of bath salts would be fantastic as well. Im good for now!! Thanks!!

Im looking for some scented oils.  I would rather these be handmade or from specialty shops and not from stores like joanns or hobbylobby ect.

Hand crafted candles are great too. Prefer either fruit and or spice scented ones or lavender (only floral scented one I like).  Im also interested in the scented candle chunks that you can melt and scent your house.

Lavender sachets for my dresser drawers (ive received some but im addicted lol!!  I even hang them near open windows   Grin)

Whimsey jar are really fun!!

Im loving the moon jars!!  Would love to have one!!

Im looking for a serving tray that I can bring snacks from the kitchen to the living room.  Asian or victorian influence a real plus.

Im also looking for a picture frame.  about 1.5 inches or more wide/thick on the sides.  What I would like is a thin wooden back fitted to it. I dont need the glass for it.  An old vintage frame would be preferred for this.  Im going to use it as a center piece tray for candles (if you can visualize it will lay flat on the table) I can take a pic of the pic in my book if you would like to see my inspiration.

Shower curtain.  Victorian style please!!

My 18 year old loves Jack Skellington from the Nightmare before Christmas so anything with him on (appropriate for a guy) would be fantastic

Books that teach drawing as well as an art kit of some kind put together would be great.  My 11 year old loves to draw comic books!!

Handcrafted Jewelry with Victorian influence

Victorian/Edwardian style chalk board.   Heres the idea.  Antique frame or mirror with glass removed.  Where the glass should be is the area to write in (im not sure what would be used to create the chalkboard slate as I only know of the special paint).  Saw one in Victorian Trading Co.  I love the idea!!

Im looking for a table runner for our new table we recently purchased.  Looking for something, of course Victorian style as well.  Measurements can and will be provided.  Want something rich looking but affordable to make!!

~~Supplies~~

Hobby Lobby and Michaels crafts have Victorian style sewing supplies!! Sadly I am no longer local to either (actually no Hobby Lobby in CA) I would love a chantilane.  However im also interested in any older sewing supplies as well from like antiques stores and such (I have a tracing wheel i bought for $4 so they can be affordable).

Patterns!!  I am 80 miles from a Joanns or Hancocks (sniff sniff).  I need envelopes with a size 14 & 16 included in the envelope for dresses and tops and a 16 for skirts.  Thanks!!
Vogue~~ .. .2884...2968...1239 ... 8352...8003,,,v1178,,,v1172
Simplicity~~
McCalls~~

Fabric Mystery Bundle from Fabricmart.com  http://www.fabricmartfabrics.com/xcart/804051-10-yard-Mystery-Fabric-Bundle-Assortment.html

Seam roll press/ham  This is the circular tubular ones in various sizes.  This can be made or bought.

Any (new or gently used) patterns by Truly Victorian, Laughing Moon, Folkwear and Sense and Sensibility (really wanting the Spencer pattern and Regency Dress).  Vintage Sewing Patterns!!       36 Bust is perfect for all patterns.
Im especially trying to find a Simplicity Jumper Pattern from 1948 pattern is on my wist list

Sewing materials/supplies of any form is welcomed!! Needles (Regular or Ball Point Singer or Schmertz plz), Thread (Regular or Serger plz no Joanns brand serger thread), Trims, Elastic, Bias Tape, Patterned Ribbons, Zippers ect..... New or Gently Used is just fine!! Even if I dont need it right now it will eventually get used!! Fabric of all shapes colors and sizes are welcomed!!  Buttons!! New or vintage!!  Color is irrelevant.

New or Unwanted Issues of Threads ( I have all of 2003 2006-2008 Though I dont have issues 137 or 138, 140  !!!) probably best to check with me on numbers!! and Burda World of Fashion Magazine !! (I have a few ...1/06** 7/03**4/05** 3/08**)  (used is fine) Knipmode, Ottobre, Patrones, La Mode

Magazines (new or used!!)  Gothic Lolita Bible Magazine, Beading and Jewelry making, Knitting and Crochet, Magazines from Somerset Studios.  Here is a link to their site and the magazines they offer http://www.stampington.com/html/main_magazines.html  Im especially looking for Haute Handbags!!!!   As well as cooking mags!!

Purse supplies of all sorts (handles, magnetic snaps, rings ect).  Silver Victorian clasps would be great too(can be found at Hancocks).  I desperately need some magnetic snaps!!

Scrapbooking items  (trims, paper, stickers anything!!).  Im also looking for some things like brads, ribbons, fancy paper, scissors.  Im also looking for corner punchers, rulers for making fancy torn edges and hole punchers (I have a heart one).  Also plain colored or white blank greeting type cards would be wonderful!!
good for now!!

Emphemra

I really really need some cub/boy scout related scrapbooking items such as paper, stickers ect!!!!

Also looking for decorated photo albums.  One is for non American candy wrappers that I collect!!

Handcrafted cards by you would be great!!

Im also looking for a decorated (painted/decoupaged/stained ect) box for my scrapbooking paper 12X12.  Would prefer an old vintage look.

Stamps and ink pads

Beading supplies like wire 18 gauge or higher, beads, spacers.  Im also needing jewlery making supplies too.  I would love some Swarovski jewelry supplies!!  Also ANY bead findings from Blue Moon Beads of their Lost and Found and/or Manor House (or any that features Victorian/Edwardian pieces) collection would be wonderful.

Yarn!! I love yarn!! I would prefer not to recieve any 100% acrylic.  However wool, cotton, silky whatever!!  All colors are welcome (well except neon bright bright colors).

Im looking for corset making supplies. boning, 13.5" busk, lacing!!

Sublime Embroidery patterns ~~Gothic, Pinup, Craftopia, Sushi Bar, Dress up

Books  (Amazons great for these.  Used welcomed as well)
**The Perfect Fit : The classic guide to altering patterns
**Fast Fit (I have checked this book out of the library so many times im shocked they dont check with me first before loaning it out to anyone lol) or More Power Sewing both are by Sandra Betzina
**Jackets for Real People by palmer and pletsch
**"From the neck up an illustrated guide to hatmaking Denise Dreher
**Victorian and Edwardian Fashions Lamode Illustree
** Fashions of the guilded age  by francis gimble

Cookbooks (and cooking magazines) are welcome!!  New and pre-loved!!

I love Charlie Chaplin, Silent Movies and am HUGE fan of Jimmy Stewart!!  Betty Boop too!!

EXTRAS

Candy from outside the US, Including but not limited to, (NZ~~Minties, Pineapple Lumps and Wittakers) Kit Kats!!  Violet Crumbles!! (Canadian Equivalent is welcomed too though the name escapes me)

My husband collects law enforcement patches.  I would love to get a bunch for him for him.  If you live near a prison, jail or other LE facility perhaps they would let you have one???  He gets his this way by asking and they are usually happy to give him one.  My husband loves asian things as well as LE related (he is a correctional officer) and anything relating to the park service (Smokey the Bear gets double marks lol!!). He is a fan of Bruce Lee and any DVD (he has VHS) movies or any craft with him inspired would be wonderful!!  Or perhaps a stenciled t-shirt of Bruce Lee.  He would be thrilled to receive something just for him (It also continues him to encourage me to swap.  Ya know totally his idea)

Also I would love to be able to get him a hooded jacket with a nin symbol on it!! (Will send link to a pic if needed)

Also im looking for bath tub grippers (the ones that prevent slipping) im looking for the kind that stick directly on the tub using tape/sticker.  I cant find any except for the mats

Legos for my two boys would be wonderful.  They are obsessed!!

Last but not least total complete surprises are welcome!!  If you are good at something and have something you love making.  Go right ahead.  I will say that my tastes are victorian so if you can incorporate that even more perfect!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010 11:06:21 PM by frosty772 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b>Like what you see here??  It might be in my shop!!<b>
http://www.frosty772.etsy.com

<b>I wist!! Lets do a personal swap!!!<b>
http://www.wists.com/Frosty772

Moderndayvictorians .blogspot.com
spikefan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #141 on: August 31, 2010 02:44:45 PM »

I claim frosty772 for knitted cuffs

6th claim, 2 outstanding, 0 in transit, 3 received

Hi! My name is Michelle and I live in North Carolina. I am a 29yr old SAHM to a 4yr old girl. I love crafting especially for others. My current favorite colors are black and natural/earthy colors. I like harry potter, buffy the vampire slayer, twilight, historical romances, the 80s and organic foods.  

Crafts

- black or grey stenciled bootcut lounge pants for the winter - in a Harry Potter or Buffy theme
- harry potter scarf (double knit)
- time turner
- Gryffindor robe
- pajama pants in buzz and woody/toy story print fabric for me
NEW- decorated wood serving tray - in harry potter, buffy, twilight theme Thanks babalina58!
NEW- painted wood book box like this
NEW - lapboard like this but in a harry potter, buffy, or twilight theme - (gryffindor colors, red black and white combo)

Supplies
- poppet making kit with light skin toned fabric, white or medium green
- fabric in any of these prints: Mario, Harry Potter, Peter Pan, Popeye, Tom & Jerry, non-girly Superman, dick and jane, rudolph, frosty
- vanna's choice yarn in colors from my wist
- wool-ease yarn - especially two skeins of thick and quick in gold
- red heart super saver acrylic in red, black, white, gold, blue, pretty n pink, petal pink
- cross stitch fabric, white or black - 14-20ct
- printable shrinky dinks
- small tube of e-6000
- diamond glaze
- etching kit
- 22 gauge silver artistic wire
- 8-1/2" x 11" printable magnet sheets
- solid color cotton fabric in shades of green or gray
NEW - fun cotton fat quarters would like some coordinating ones if possible
NEW - red and white striped cotton fabric or cotton flannel
NEW - gryffindor or hogwarts patch
NEW - cotton halloween fabric similar to ones in my wist
NEW - fat quarter of bright green flannel (luigi green)

Extras

- Superman comics
- Reader's Digest Craft & Hobbies book
- vintage character cookie cutters
- black & white striped leggings, tights, or socks for a 5t
- black witches hat
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010 02:54:02 PM by padfoot » THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2010 05:03:50 PM »

ROUND 61 is Officially closed

Round 62 will open at 12:01 EST Hope to see you all there!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010 05:05:03 PM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Glass Paint Pictures
How to Use a Calligraphy Brush
How to Use a Calligraphy Set
How to Learn Calligraphic Styles
How to Write with a Fountain Pen
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...