A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,103
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July 2010 Birthday Swap LISTS ONLY - Join all month long!  (Read 6727 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: July 01, 2010 02:16:14 AM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. REALLY.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED.

Questions?
Please post here in the discussion/gallery.

Swap name: July 2010 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  Troublet
Sign-up date range:  July 1 July 31

DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap, however it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of Store Bought Items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.) However you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion thread:  
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=349287.0

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread:  
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=349287.0
Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC"s may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out, you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pms you will receive poor communication feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. *New Rule* If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put July Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you format your pm's like this, I'll love you forever.  
Format for PM's:

Proper label:
"July Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received pm's include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by July 14
MareMare to kittykill--handmade soap and lotion

Outstanding claims allowed:

FOC's: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~

http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST

It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:
--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items
--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen
--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in various themes, that more like one item for someone to choose, not ten. Having sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry etc, various methods is going to make it easier for people to choose you.
--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you
wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap-  July 2010 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
I have already posted in the discussion thread and will keep up with that thread via "replies to your posts (you will not be approved until you do: Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- July 2010 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=352422.msg4115899#msg4115899

Previous rounds of the Birthday swap:
June 2010 Birthday Lists
June 2010 Birthday Gallery/Discussion
May 2010 Birthday Lists
May 2010 Birthday Gallery/Discussion
April 2010 Birthday Lists
April 2010 Birthday Gallery/Discussion
March 2010 Birthday Lists
March 2010 Birthday Discussion/Gallery

« Last Edit: July 01, 2010 02:30:56 AM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010 02:19:02 AM »

Birthday Swap Participants (claims made/claims in transit/claims received)

ecogeek* FOC (3/1/2) - July 3 1 gift received
calluna FOC (3/0/3)- July 4  0 gift coming, 2 gifts received
audio-astrophysics FOC (1/0/1) - July 8 1 gift coming, 1 gift received
starcakes57 (2/0/2) - July 8 1 gift coming, 1 gift received
lukenlarry FOC (1/0/1) - July 9 2 gifts received
dreadlocklove (1/0/1)- July 12 2 gifts received
Metal Vyxen FOC (2/0/0)- July 12 1 gift coming, 1 gift received
hoxierice FOC (1/0/1)- July 15 0 gifts coming, 2 gift received
desm88 (2/0/2) - July 18 1 gift coming
mxer145 FOC (3/0/3)- July 19 0 gift coming, 2 gifts received
pinkleo FOC (1/0/1)- July 27 0 gift coming, 3 gifts received
mom2em (1/0/1) - July 27 1st Time Swapper!2 gifts received
bobbiemay FOC (1/0/1)- July 28 1 gift received
amazing_784 (2/0/2)- July 30  1 gift coming, 2 gifts received
Burgz FOC (2/0/2) - July 30 0 gift coming, 2 gifts received
oneredboot FOC (2/0/2) - July 31 0 gift coming, 2 gifts received

Non Birthday Swappers
Troublet FOC (1/0/1) 1 Thank You card received
spotnik FOC (2/0/2) 2 Thank You cards received
Lolaandbean FOC (1//10)
whisp3rd FOC (1/0/1)

Sent

Received
Late w/ communication
Contact organizer asap

Claims List

Send by July 15
pinkleo to amazing_784 for a wisty surprise and yarn

Send by July 16
bobbiemay to calluna for fabric hair curlers

dreadlocklove to calluna for Wool Dryer Balls and Hemp Bath and Body Product
amazing_784 to Hoxierice for a baby sized crazy quilt
calluna to Metal Vyxen for the cross-stitch
mxer145 to bobbiemay for Table Top Ironing Mat
hoxierice to pinkleo for swiffer covers and thread catcher

Send by July 17
starcakes57 to audio-astrophysics  a surprise
mom2em to Hoxierice for baby stuff

Send by July 18
desm88 to starcakes57 for a sewing machine cover
Metal Vyxen to amazing_784 for a big purse/bag
Burgz to audio_astrophysics for a felt-flower bouquet

Send by July 19
audio_astrophysics to Pinkleo for Zippered Coin Pouch and Wisty Suprise!

Send by July 21
desm88 to mixer145 for a shopping bag/book bag or a fabric basket

spotnik to Burgz for a birthday surprise

Send by July 23

lukenlarry to mom2em for some "go green" goodies

Send by July 24
mxer145 to Metal Vyxen for a small purse size makeup bag
amazing_784 to lukenlarry for some dotee dolls

Send by July 25
ecogeek* to mxer145 for a stenciled t
ecogeek* to dreadlocklove for reuseable snack bags
ecogeek* to desm88 for a smallish jewlery box

Send by July 26
oneredboot to hoxierice for a baby hat
oneredboot to pinkleo for a cable hat

Send by July 27
Metal Vyxen to starcakes57 for skull fused bead coasters
troublet to oneredboot for a wist surprise
mxer145 to ecogeek* for wall art

Send by July 28
Lolaandbean to lukenlarry for rings and poppet making supplies

Send by Aug. 1
spotnik to oneredboot for a birthday surprise

Send by August 4
starcakes57 to burgz for a yarn bowl
calluna to starcakes57 for a box of scrapbooking supplies
calluna to mom2em for a box of scrapbooking supplies

Send by Aug. 8
whisp3rd to amazing_784 for a learn to spin yarn kit

Send by Aug. 11
Burgz to dreadlocklove for Homegrown Dried Herbs
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010 06:13:17 PM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
amazing_784
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010 06:41:15 AM »

FIRST!!
My name is Abby and I live in Lansing, MI.  Im turning 26 on July 30.  Ive been married for just over 2 years and my husband is currently looking for a job in Texas, so Ill be moving down there hopefully by the end of the summer or early fall.  I have a puppy, Emma, who will turn 1 year old shortly before my birthday.
I work at the YMCA part time at the climbing wall as a belayer, and Im attempting to start my own business sewing, knitting and crocheting.
I love to play World of Warcraft, and my favorite TV show is NCIS.  Im getting into Renaissance Faires; Im in the process of making an Elizabethan court gown from the underwear out. Smiley Check out my facebook page for pictures of that www.facebook.com/abby.villarreal
My favorite color is purple (and other jewel tones like red, emerald green, and sapphire, but don't be afraid to use other bright-ish, deeper colors).  I'm not as big of a fan of pastel colors, especially lavender (both the color and the scent).  I love unique vintage clothing from almost any decade between 1920s and 1970s.  Im sort of picky about jewelry, but I like simple large stones (for example, my wedding ring is a 6-carat amethyst solitaire/cocktail sort of ring set in white gold).

I have a wist: www.wists.com/amazing_784
There are a lot of things on thereI would love a surprise or two! Pinkleo's sock pig rocks!! TY Pinkleo!
Big purse/bag so that I can carry knitting/crochet projects in as well as my wallet, keys and cell phone. thanks Metal Vyxen!
Summery tops; Im slowly reworking my wardrobe and realizing that an entire life of living in Michigan isnt necessarily suited wardrobe-wise to Texas.
Nice, unusual sun hats, that can fit a small head.
Poppets!  Im starting to become obsessed with them.  I have only 1 right now, but Id love to start collecting them if I can.  Ive yet to actually dive into the world of poppet making, since Im not a fan of making doll-sized things/clothes.
Handmade soaps, with nice scents.  Im not a fan of the smell of lavender but pretty much everything else is fair game.
Im going to decorate my new craft room in Texas with all the crafty things I get from swaps, so if you have a specialty, please send it my way!
I would love to pick up embroidery/cross stitching (again)
I want to learn how to spin my own yarn thanks whisp3rd for the learn to spin kit!!
I can always use yarn, no matter what kind! (maybe not eyelash)Thanks pinkleo!
Same for fabric: Im intrigued by ikea fabric, but have never actually seen or worked with any
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010 10:12:20 AM by amazing_784 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlocklove
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010 12:53:38 PM »

Hi!  I'm Jessica, from Northern Ontario, Canada where I live with my partner, Barnabas, and two kids, Ava and Brahmi.  My birth day is July 12 and I'm turning 28 this year.

Some of my interests are herbalism, sewing, crochet, CP soap making, camping, cooking, reading, paper crafts, and fire performance (poi, hooping, and buugeng).  I'm also trying to learn about Ayurveda and aromatherapy lately.  ALSO, we are working on creating an indoor garden to grow our own produce and other plants!  

My favourite colours are dark and with a burnt tone to it, and include reds, oranges, yellows, and obviously browns.  I also like solid prints or very subtle ones.  You can get a pretty good idea of my style by viewing my Wist and Etsy lists!

Thanks for considering me!

Crafted

- CP or HP Soap or Shampoo for my dreads (I started making soap this past March and love it!  I'd like to experience others' goods!)
- Incense
- Essential Oil Blends (your own formulas!)
- Thai Fisherman Pants (www.etsy.com/listing/45834124/chocolate-brown-stripethai-fihermans)
- Knitted or Crocheted Yoga Socks (http://sixdegreesarts.blogspot.com/2007/10/easy-peasy-yoga-pilates-socks.html, but in my colours)
- Handmade Paper (paper making is a craft I would LOVE to start)
- Handcarved Stamp with and Herbal Theme
- Handmade Beeswax Candle
- Silkscreened T-Shirt that says "Dreadlock Love"
- Wooden Buttons
- Homegrown Dried Herbs (Lavender, Calendula, any really!) Thank you Burgz!
- Drying Racks for Herbs
- Handspun/Handdyed Yarn
- Wooden Hair Pin/Stick (ie: http://www.etsy.com/listing/29188931/natural-and-rustic-oak-wood-wooden-tree)
- Tea and Spice Blends (Especially for Indian and Ayurvedic cuisine/tea!)
- Anything Inspired by Ayurveda
- Anything Inspired by Herbalism
- Pottery
- Anything Handwoven
- Anything Woodburned
- (HUGE WISH) Collapsible Hula Hoop
- Anything useful for Tai-Chi, Yoga, and Meditation
- ATC's in themes and colours I like
- Hippy/Boho/Nomadic Style Bag using woven fabrics (ie: http://www.etsy.com/listing/23690447/rusty-stripes-custom-order-only)
- Felted Dreadlock Beads or any kind of Dread Accessories (ie: http://www.etsy.com/listing/32981828/fiber-bead-large-hole-we-are-hoping-to)
- Reusable Lunch/Snack Bags . Thanks ecogeek*!
NEW! - Wallhangings/Artwork
NEW! - Wooden Business Card Holder
NEW! - UV/Black Light Reactive Artwork
NEW! - Earthy Looking Necklace (ie: http://www.wists.com/dreadlocklove/cc094374eb3842c6594c8121f8772501?offset=20)

- Anything from my Wists (www.wists.com/dreadlocklove)
- Anywhing from my Etsy Favourites (http://www.etsy.com/people/gatheredroots/favorites)

Supplies

Supplies that you may have in your stash that you no longer use are more than welcome!

- Essential Oils (please do not mistake these for synthetic fragrance oils)
- Herbals of Herb Books pertaining to Medicine-Making, Nutrition, Therapeutic, etc (Especially if written by Rosemary Gladstar, Susan Weed, James Green, though ask first because I have many)
- Books pertaining to Ayurveda
- Spinning Kit with Roving
- Silicone Molds for Soap Making
- Hologram Tape for Hoop Making (www.hooptapecanada. com)
- Crossover Mary Janes Pattern (www.etsy.com/listing/42493498/crossover-strap-mary-janes-crochet)
- Paper Making Kit (www.arnoldgrummer.c om/product/paperMaking/productDetails.cfm?prod_id=24 or couching papers if anything!  I'd have to order internationally go get my hands on this!)
- (Organic, if possible) Gardening Seeds (especially scullcap, stevia, lavender, holy basil, echinacea, etc.  There are tons I'd like so please ask if you're unsure!)
- Beeswax
- Crochet Hooks (J-6.0mm, 7.0mm, 8.0mm, and most really large ones)
- Anything useful for Tai-Chi, Yoga, or Mediation (hey, it's an art!)
- Sustainable/Organic Yarns or Fabrics (Hemp, Bamboo, Soy, or any other unusual ones)
NEW! - Empty Lip Balm Containers
NEW! - Silk Scarves (any shape or size, for patchwork skirts I'd like to make

We are working toward a more natural, sustainable, and conscious living so if you can make or have something that follows suit but isn't listed, feel free to surprise me!

Thanks!

Claims
- To calluna for Dryer Balls and Hemp Products (by 07/16) . Sent

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012 05:31:41 AM by dreadlocklove » THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010 03:04:59 PM »

Pinkleo's Birthday Wishlist

Hi!  My name is Melissa aka pinkleo, and I live in the USA.  I am a SAHM and craft-a-holic.  I adore crocheting, jewelry making, hand sewing, embroidery, knitting, weaving…to name a few.  I love learning new crafts, and I have just started to learn spinning.  Besides crafting, one would find me reading.  I love classics, fiction, series, chick lit.  Okay, I don’t want to write an epic; you can check my profile or PM me for more.

Allergy: Cigarette Smoke, but if you smoke away from crafting and supplies, then all is well

Loves: handcrafted items, craftster, swaps, pinks, blues, autumnal colors, earthy tones, silver, reading, travel, art, music, cables, argyle, plaid, Harry Potter, crafting, coffee, tea, soups, pottery, charms, glass, asian inspired pieces, socks, geekery, roses, denim, lions, nature, trees, leaves, yarn, clovers, autumn, wind, dandelions, rain, snow, baking/cooking, bags/totes, lists, usables, wearables, whimsy. For more info check my wist .

Crafts
---Monster Purse like this or something like this
---Book Bag here's an example
---Reading Pillow
---Handspun Yarn
---Handyed Yarn
---Any Pottery Piece such as mug, bowl, yarn bowl, teapot
---Light Box or Light Box Kit (so I can take better pictures of crafts)
---Bella Mittens
---Colored Pencil Roll (for 50 pencils if possible) like this but not necessarily in the fabric pictured
---Stenciled Tee inspired by my loves, profile faves, or wist (regular tee L; fitted tee XL)
---Mead Notebook Cover: an example
---Slippers: sewn, knit, or crocheted (size 9)
---Socks (size 9)
---Embroidered Pillowcases (standard size)
---Embroidered Tea Towels
---Tablecloth (60x84)
---Homemade Jams/Jellies
---Jewelry Box
---Recipe Box (for 4x6 cards)
---Thread Catcher like this one Thank you hoxierice! Kiss
---Fair Isle or Cabled Hat Thank you oneredboot!Kiss (I could definitely use another & another & another & Wink)
---Scrapbook Cookbook or Recipe Book of your fave recipes
---Frugal Living or Green Living Recipe Book (i.e. recipes for homemade cleaners or inexpensive meals)
---Reusable Swiffer Covers (mop or duster...examples: sew, crochet and knit)- Thank you hoxierice! Kiss
---Magic Yarn Ball
---Zippered Coin Pouch Thank you audio-astrophysics ! Kiss
---Sewing Carry Along like these
---Wisty Surprise! (There is tons to choose from!) Thank you audio-astrophysics ! Kiss

Supplies
---Fiber for Spinning
---Art/Lap Quilt Kit
---Fabric, Fat Quarters, Jelly Rolls, Thread for my Quilting Quest
---Yarn: Noro, Sock, Lace, Vanna, Wool-Ease, Cotton, Wool
---Wilton Icing Colors
---Wool Felt
---Beads: glass, semiprecious, crystal, lampwork
---CHARMS!
---Jewelry Findings: for example: lobster claw or springring clasps, head pins, crimp beads, tigertail wire, jump rings, bead caps, bails, terminators, chain, etc.  I adore silver and copper.
---Ball Winder
---Origami Paper
---Embroidery Patterns/Transfers
---Embroidery Kits
---Embroidery Thread (DMC is fab!)
---Flour Sack Towels (if there is a fabric border or binding, I will be ever so grateful!)
---Any Size Coin Purse Frames/Handles like this or this
---Carving Blocks: such as linoleum blocks, speedball items
---Carbon Paper (black)
---Any Size Fun Patterned Socks (for sock animals)
---Books (good-condition used books are fab): Alternacraft, Super Crafty, Knitting With Balls, Scarf Style, Just Scarves, Just Gifts, Fabulous Jewelry from Found Objects,  Crochet Chic, Get Hooked, Candy Crochet, Plush-o-rama, Simply Beautiful Beading, Doodle Stitching, Stray Sock Sewing Too, and there are a few more on my wist

Extras
---Coffees (I do adore instant coffees and flavors such as irish creme and cafe vienna.)
---Candy: Cherry Sours, Candy Corn, Jelly Belly, Gummy Bears
---Worsted/Aran Yarn Oddballs

Kiss THANK YOU FOR PICKING ME! Kiss
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010 06:21:19 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010 06:18:18 PM »

Hello, my name is Rachel. I will be turning 30 on July 15. I live in the USA. I work in a university costume shop making patterns and supervising students. I am having a baby in early August! So, most of my desires are for baby stuff. Because handmade is the best. We do not no the sex of the child.

My favorite color is purple, but I really like all colors and shades, stripes and polka-dots. Let me see...stuff for the baby, my interests are diverse on the one hand we are pretty simple and natural, looking for natural fibers and generally things that are not plastic, on the other hand I have been getting geek baby stuff for my husband (and because it is fun).

Crafts
Baby clothes, I am good with any size, we probably have enough newborn, but up through toddler is fine with me.
Onesies, shirts, pants, other essentials sewn or embellished with embroidery/stencils, whatever. Whatever you like to do is fine, or star trek, star wars, video game related, dr. who(?). I would like a dark gray or black something with a batman symbol on it, I have plans on making a hat that I think looks a lot like batman.
Also clothing that dresses the baby up as an animal or a character I think are fun.
Newborn hats
Fun and quirky baby hats
Other fun and quirky baby items, knit, crochet or sewn, outfits, bibs, towels.....
Baby toys, plushies, puppets...
Mobiles
Grocery/tote bats. I like tote style bags the best
I just got an ipod touch and need a little pouch/cozy to put it in so it will be safe in my bag. Yes, I have pieces to cut out to make one, I just haven't done it. My husband suggested lining it with a microfiber cloth so you always have one handy.
A surprise, if you have an idea for something I might like.
Thanks amazing_784 for a crazy baby quilt
Thanks mom2em for baby stuff

If you have knowledge/experience in the area I am interested in
Cloth diapers and accouterments
Wet bags
Diaper bag
Baby carrying devices slings etc
Whatever you found helpful or liked having with a baby

That is all I can think of now, I will update if I come up with more. Thanks and happy birthday everyone!

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010 09:52:50 AM by hoxierice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
Metal Vyxen
Vyxen of the Dark Crafts

Animals can't protect themselves

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010 07:00:10 PM »

Hey Everyone Cheesy
Happy Birthday!!!
My name is Emma I live in Adelaide, South Australia most people refer to Adelaide as a large country town, and they are right. I am turning 22 on the 12th of July.
I currently live with my partner of 2 years in a house that I brought when I was 19. My partner works in the mines so he is only here 1 week out of every 3 weeks. Luckily I have 2 wonderful fur kids to keep my company. They are both Miniature long haired Dachshunds and they are 2 years old. Their names are Amber-Lee and Eboni Rose Smiley (There is a picture of them in my profile) I am a Vegetarian and Im slowly but surely becoming a vegan so I dont use any animal by products in my crafts. I work 2 jobs which takes up a lot of my time, By day I am a Facilities Administrator and by night I become.. A waitress (nothing exciting.) As a side project I am a cake decorator and I hope in the near future to open my own business.  
I have Facebook so please add me if you want to - http://www.facebook.com/Metal.Vyxen
Oh and encase you couldnt tell by my name I love Metal \m/

Crafty List
A cross stich wall hanging similar to this one - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=320282.msg3690871#msg3690871 Thanks calluna, you rock !
A small travel bag to put my crafts in when Im travelling to and from work
An iPod cover with something vampire related
A purse organise
A new wallet similar to this one but in Halloween or skull fabric and with more card holders - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=328873.0
A new bag with lots of pockets and compartments
Doggie coats for Dachshunds
Over the door handle organiser
A small purse size makeup bag Thanks (Julie) mxer145, Can't wait Cheesy
An iPod holding belt stretchy (for when I work out at the gym)
A spoon pendent
A key holder wall hanging
An in case of zombies break glass wall hanging similar to these - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329080.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=331521.0
Animal right bag
Wisty Suprise (http://www.wists.com/metal_vyxen

Supply List
Skeleton hands like these - http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_430xN.60491963.jpg or http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/skeleton_hands-400-400.jpg
A zombie brain ice cube tray the small ones like this - http://www.geekologie.com/2010/02/04/brain-ice-cubes.jpg
Skull Fabric
Fluoro Green Leopard print fabric
INKJET SHRINKY DINKS!!
Small Halloween Moulds
Mould Release

Extras
Primal Jerky - http://www.primalspiritfoods.com/products.php
Vegan Lollies/ Candy
Brain lollies Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010 06:15:28 PM by Metal Vyxen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has not found a remedy for the worst of them all - the apthy of human beings!

Blogspot (It's only new)
http://zombiecupcake666.blogspot.com/
calluna
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010 07:56:37 PM »

Greetings! Im a 4th-of-July baby, but please, in the name of all things sacred, do not make me something red-white-and-blue or USA-themed... Ive had enough of that to last a lifetime!  Cheesy

I'm born-n-raised Californian, and this year is The Big 3-0 for me! No kids, no S.O., its just me and my elderly dog (see avatar) staying with family in an overly-hot area, working on moving back up to northern California.
I'm very much a mix of "earthy" and "up in the cosmos", somehow, and on a journey through life that has generally been painful yet amazing. I am left-handed, left-leaning, non-pierced, and aspiring vegetarian, with very little storage space right now and no space to decorate/display things. My style is completely eclectic, though I'm definitely not modern. I like most colors, and organic/free-flowing patterns. Allergies: cig smoke, mold/mildew, and cat-spray. I am a big fan of reuse and second-hand stuff, so feel free to send me clean hand-me-downs.

My Craftster profile has lots of info, and so do my wists. Wisty surprises welcome! Theres also a list of themes here if youd like an inspiration springboard.  Smiley

My wishlist (not in any order of preference) :
Crafted:
- anything similar to what can be found in the Steampunk Charm Swap
- a delicate, dark-colored (or any shade of brown) snood (http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/hair/snood.htm)
- Homemade jam/preserves! nomnomnom.
- a stuffie that's big enough in stature to be hugged, and big enough in spirit to take my troubles on and put up with my low-times. (: A cute goat would be one good option, since it's kinda to serve the purpose of a "scapegoat"...but it really doesn't have to be a recognizeable species of anything.
- shawl pin
- reusable lunch sacks/sandwich bag
- small, zippered toiletry/cosmetic bag with waterproof lining inside (just in time, here's a tutorial!)
- throw-pillow cover (just one, and Ill buy the pillow myself), crafted in your specialty (i.e. patchwork, embroidery, needlefelted, covered with monochrome buttons, crocheted, etc)
- cigar-box charkha for spinning: http://www.interweave.com/spin/projects/Cigar-boxCharkha.pdf
- a cloche (see wists)
- a very simple shrug
- multi-tiered, beaded or chainmail choker; examples in my wists.
- something recond from a t-shirt (for shirts, I need my belly covered, without rips/tears, and for it to stay on both my shoulders. There are examples of non-shirt t-shirt projects in my wists)
- a bedspread made of 2 of those India/hippyish tapestries sewn together (such as this or this, rather than tie-dye) quilted back-to-back. I could easily do it myself if I had a sewing machine, but alas Im inept with such things.
- small wall-mountable shrine or nicho
- fabric hair curlers thank you bobbiemay!!
- wool dryer balls thank you dreadlocklove!!
- a calorimetry, scoodie, or button-up spats, in brown or gray
- a tiny garland/bunting
- a travel embroidery kit
- Wraparound pants, aka Thai fishermen's pants. Another pattern is here: http://www.burdastyle.com/patterns/show/3807
- itty-bitty miniatures (ideally smaller than standard dollhouse miniature size, hence the superfluous "itty-bitty"), poly-clay or otherwise, for placement in shrines
- steampunkish hairclips
- a 4x4 "chunky page", an ATC, some inchies, or a tip-in art journal page (any size)  
- a fairy/gnome door I can leave at the base of a tree
- Earth-friendly little bath/beauty goodies you've made, like handmade body scrub (like sugar or sea salt), body butter, products made with hemp, essential oils, etc. dreadlocklove's making me some! thank you!
- whimsy album! Theres a couple of them on Craftster and I fell in love with the idea. Bonus points if the cover is inspired by Teesha Moores fabric bookcover tutorial  Grin
- new: bellydance wear/accessories. i've had trouble motivating myself to get going on bellydancing, and i think it's because i want to wear awesome outfits more than i want to dance!  Cheesy

Supplies:
- luscious batts/roving/carded fiber for hand-spinning
- tropical/beach images on transparencies or slides
- your used diy/alternacrafty books (Amazon wishlist: http://amzn.com/w/HJ4Q12ZIPRQW)
- embroidery or x-stitch needles of any size (I lose them frequently)
- Glue Dots
- the small device used for making short audio recordings inside greeting cards, or the one marketed for scrapbooking specifically (http://www.diecutswithaview.com/product_view.php?id=1357)
- an X-Acto or Speedball cutting or carving tool (or any other brand)
- variegated rainbow embroidery floss (DMC makes it, but I've only seen it in one store, ever)
- any quantity of snazzy yarn (even eyelash and boucle are ok), at least 1-yd in length, in any colors except pink, neon or pastels
- a little bit of punchinella or other cool papercraft/altered-art stuff that isn't readily available at most craft stores

Or:
- a surprise featuring an animal listed in my profile
- something to help in coping with rough times and mental illness
- something that inspires wonder or adventure
- Something promoting healing and wellbeing, from any world religious/spiritual tradition. i.e. prayer flags, buddha statue, goddess candle, milagros, etc
- a fairy godmother...or something to help me become an apprentice fairy godmother (:
- something showcasing your skill in creative reuse/repurposing/upcycling

Thanks and much crafty love!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010 02:27:35 AM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010 09:23:12 PM »

Happy Birthday!

My name is Audrey! I'll be Nineteen on July 8, wow that's so weird! I don't feel nineteen, more like nine and ninety at the same time! I work at an amazing scrapbook boutique, I love my job, it's seriously perfect for me! I'm going to college, studying physics. My boyfriend is a Marine, so I haven't seen him in two months, but he's on his way home and i get him for two weeks!

Likes: Birds, Houses, Whimsies, Vintage, Shabby Chic, Science, Science Fiction, lolcats, lowercase letter a, the number 42, Zetti, Birth Of Venus, Eyes, Altered Art/Photographs, Original Art, Bisque/Porcelain Arms/Hands, Birdcages, Green Polka Dots, PomPom Ball Trims, Vintage Cotton Lace, Metal and Wood findings, Dressforms, Aliens, Cute Kitchy things, Lolita Style, Computers, Nerd/Geek, Color!

Colors: Purple is my favorite color. I love jewel tones, and shabby chic pastely colors. I really love all colors, but I would NOT like any clothes in red/orange/yellow. I love orange and red combo in art!

Science Fiction: Doctor Who, Stargate, Star Trek, Star Wars, Ender's Game, X Files, Hitchhiker's Guide, Rendezvous with Rama, Aliens, Space Travel, Time Travel, Robots, Etc.

I collect: ATCs, Inchies, Dotees, Chunky Houses, Shrines, Art, Etc

Allergies: I have sensitive skin so I can't have soaps, lotions, wools. I also get migraines so I'd rather not get anything that has a strong smell.

I would NOT like anything with Iron on transfers please!!! Beads (unless they are really cool)

My Swap Profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/CraftingWithMyEyesClosed
My Wists: http://www.wists.com/audio_ego

Crafts
All the links I've posted are just to give you ideas and inspire you!

- Altered Puzzles this, this, this
- Orignal Sculpture/3D Birds this, this, this
- Felt Button Bouquet this, this, this Thank you Burgz!
- Original Art Dolls this, this
- Wire Wrapped and Beaded Bobby Pins this, this, this
- Original Sculpture Houses this, this, this
- Oddities this, this, this ( can be sculptures, paintings, paper crafts, etc)
- Elegant/Lace/Vintage Inspired Items this, this, this
- Lolita Inspired Hair Accessories this, this, this

- Sets of Science/SciFi themed Inchies
- Original Art inspired by my likes
- Original Curios/Shrines/Altered Art

- Anything Inspired by all this informations. I love art, decorative items, odds 'n ends, and knick-knacks.

Supplies
- Tarrot Cards
- Bisque/Ceramic Doll Arms/Hands
- Whimsies
- Fun items for altered art, paper crafts, etc

Thank you to starcakes57 for a specialty surprise.
Thank you to Burgz for a felt-flower bouquet.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010 10:21:00 AM by audio-astrophysics » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bobbiemay

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010 10:55:27 PM »

My name is Roberta aka bobbiemay and I live in Lloydminster, Saskatchewan Canada.  Im turning the big 3-0 on July 28th.  Im married and have a son, his name is Raine he is 6 years old. I do all types of crafts. I would say that Im best at sewing and knitting. My favourite colors are earth tones. I like blue and brown combinations the best.  I love 1950/1960 decade/fashions and use an old 1960 singer sewing machine to sew, that I love.

Anything off my wist Smiley Wists:  http://www.wists.com/bobbiemay

Crafted Items:
Baskget bag - http://foofanagle.wordpress.com/2007/06/26/bagsket-tutorial/
Table Top Ironing Mat - http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2009/01/tabletop-ironing-pad-tutorial.html thank you mxer145!!
A trash bag for my car black and grey -  http://www.chicaandjo.com/2009/05/14/make-a-trash-bag-for-the-car/
Iron Board Cover - http://u-handbag.typepad.com/uhandblog/2008/01/super-easy-iron.html
Swiffer duster covers - http://sewmuchado.blogspot.com/2010/02/tutorial-reusable-swiffer-duster-cloths.html
Feminine hygiene wallet for pads
Sewing machine cover
Dryer ball - http://howtomakedo.net/154/make-your-own-wool-dryer-balls
NEW...Sandwich Wrap/snack bags for my 6 year old son. fun boy fabric

Craft Supplies:
Sock Monkey socks (Large red heel socks)
Safety eyes
Clothes line cord
Poppet fabric (alova, buck, or butter suede, craft velour)
Funky cotton prints/ fat quarters
Half ball buttons
Zippers and elastic
Fels-Naptha laundry soap

Extras:
Lego characters or just the regular Lego brand pieces for my son
fudge

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010 09:34:21 PM by bobbiemay » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beyonce Debuts Her New Bob on Stage
Nasty Gal Designs Shoe Cult Collection
Marchesa Debuts Affordable Daywear Line
Temperley London - Designer Bio - Videofashion
Fall Maternity Fashion from Hatch
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...