A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,156
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Butterfly swap gallery  (Read 6445 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2010 11:10:08 AM »

This gallery does seem a bit slow but it's not too bad (I waited over 3 weeks in another swap, it was driving me CRAZY! Tongue).
If you took pics of your own stuff I say go ahead and post them for all to see and hope for action shots later on. I know I'd love to see more butterfly crafts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
BrooklynMermaid
Jeannisaurus

American University, here I come

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010 12:28:45 PM »

I received my package today!!! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!  I'll be posting my pictures in a little while once I get them all uploaded!  PICTURES!
The whole thing:

Close up of one of my red, white, and blue American University butterflies: ( Grin)

The other one:

And my favorite butterfly, a purple and green one!  (Two of my favorite colors!)

The text says: Yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery.  Today is a gift, that's why we call it the present.

This is so beautiful, I can't imagine how much work went into it!  I've already changed my entire dorm decorating plan to center around how gorgeous this is!

I'm sorry the pictures are so bad, Craftster wouldn't take my camera's photos, only my phone's.

Thanks bmd1011!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010 02:32:01 PM by BrooklynMermaid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wish on everything.

Sometimes the questions are sophisticated and the answers are simple.

Etsy Shop: JeanniGrace.Etsy.Com
Design Blog: JeanniGraceDesigns.Blogspot.Com
wists: http://wists.com/JeanniLove
darkangelwingz
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2010 02:51:18 PM »

wow, bmd , beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2010 03:40:27 PM »

That is just lovely! I'd really enjoy seeing more pics if you've got any bmd1011. That's some impressive embroidery there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

green r my tear$
I Praise GOD for my TALENT$ and MOTIVATION!!

U R ONLY LIMITED BY UR IMAGINATION!! SO IMAGE...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2010 04:04:00 PM »

I got 1 of 2 pkgs from "vikingmom" today!! I can not wait to see wait to see the 2nd pkg.  So here is pics of the 1st pkg. : An apron, quilted wrist cuffs, hair clips (I sent her the exact same ones LOL!!), note pad, butterfly paper, and quilted coasters.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2010 04:05:56 PM by green r my tear$ » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katrena'sGifts&Such

Enrolled Swap:
Muria
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2010 12:12:56 PM »

Finally got my computer problems resolved, at least as far as the camera goes, so here are my pictures of what the wonderful, generous, and talented Glamis sent me! By the way, this is definitely one of my absolute favorite swap packages ever!
First a group shot of everything but the t-shirt (which was in the washer at the time):

Here, you can see a painting done by Glamis (more on that in a minute), a ceramic butterfly kit that my kids have been eyeing enviously, a beaded headband and bobby pins that have some really cute butterfly beads on them, and four(!) bags made from sheer butterfly fabric to hold all my fabulous new stuff!
Here's a close-up of the painting:

It's really well done, and in some of my favorite colors! I love it!  I just have to figure out where I'm going to hang it.  While it would match the decor in the kids' bathroom, do I really want to sacrifice such awesome butterflyness to a bathroom (think of the moisture!) that I rarely go into (and I'd never see it!)?  I don't think so!  Maybe I'll hang it above my sewing machine as inspiration! 

While I didn't manage to get an action shot yet (next time I wear it, hopefully before I get a chance to spill something on it), here's a picture of the t-shirt that Glamis decorated for me:

It's based on a t-shirt from my wist, and it's really pretty! I wore it the day after I received, and I'm sure I'll wear it lots more!

And here's another picture of the bags (I think I got pictures of all the different butterflies this time) and the beaded hair accessories:

If you have a better picture, feel free to post it, Glamis. I'm afraid my camera didn't do justice to the beads you picked out. The silver cut out butterflies are really pretty, and so are the green and blue butterflies! 
Part of the reason I sent late was that I felt that what I'd made didn't measure up to what I'd received. I hope it does now. You did an amazing job on my package, Glamis, and I hope you like yours as much as I love my package!  Thanks!

A last picture, as a teaser for Glamis (I hope it gets there soon!):
  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
crazyda79
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2010 12:14:36 PM »

That apron is so cute!  Oh that butterfly painting is awesome!  I think all the things for the kids are beautiful as well.  I am loving all these butterfly goodies and can't wait for the next round!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010 12:17:02 PM by crazyda79 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
Gumption

"Sing an outlaw love song." -Social Distortion

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2010 02:10:38 PM »

I just received, but I'm trying to get the fam/house cleaned up after a camping trip.  Pics definitely by tomorrow! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2010 07:33:58 PM »

Look at all those great butterfly crafts! Whoo, this gallery is hopping now! Everything looks terrific too. I've got my own shots to add!

I finally, Finally got my parcel from Shelina! It's been over at my mom's in the states for a bit but we've had a family medical emergency that's kept her hopping and not able to bring me any mail so I've been waiting (very impatiently!) and my lovely partner has been waiting (very Patiently!) for it to arrive.

So now it's here and let me tell you, spoiled! We are spoiled RoTteN!

First the stuff for me, Beautiful Butterfly cards and envelops (I send a lot of snail mail, it's something I love to do), little flower note cards and envelops (for swaps!), teensy sparkly dragonflies, a tag that says "Made With Love By Mommy" that will go onto something I sew for my daughter to wear, a cute orange box (my fave colour) that had a really neat looking filigree brass and rainbow enamel butterfly pin inside (oddly enough, sort of similar to a fridge magnet I sent to Shelina, how funny is that!), and last but not least the most gorgeous, spectacular, beautiful, wonderful, amazing butterfly dotee which I totally Adore!
Then there were piles of stickers for my little guy and this totally crazy neat-o mosquito blue crochetted creature that is too awesome. My son added it to the group he sleeps with straight away. That means he loves it Wink.
And for my daughter, loads of stickers, adorable hair barettes, and this cute cute cute fuzzy pink dolly with purple wings that she really didn't want to give back to me for photos. She took it over to grandma's tonight, she was utterly attached to it all night long.
Now, that's a ton of wicked loot already but that isn't all. I know, I could hardly believe it myself! I couldn't get over all the stuff that was crammed into this box! My son got a Mario hat, he could not stop grinning from ear to ear when I handed his this thing. Seriously happy, he wants me to make him a whole outfit now!
My daughter got an absolutely wonderful pillow case dress covered in colourful butterflies and sparkly bits. It's so sweet on her. A bit roomy Shelina, you were right, but she actually has a butterfly belt that will work perfectly with it this year and it will still fit her next year so it's just right.

Spoiled. We were completely spoiled. Thank you SO much for being such a generous and talented partner, for being so patient waiting for pictures and for crafting your heart out for us. We appreciated every single item in that box, it was a Blast to open it up! I doubly wish I hadn't mailed out before the send outs were extended so I could have crafted even more for you, you obviously used every bit of time to load that box up with goodies!
Now that I've got the pics up I realize I even forgot two items! Little plaster bobble head figurines for the kids to paint themselves, they love that sort of craft it will be a lot of fun for them. <3

Thanks as well to our organizer darkangelwingz for putting this all together, it's been great so far and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the gallery!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011 04:49:48 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

shelina
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2010 08:48:03 PM »

I am so glad you like everything!
I had a lot of fun crafting for you and your kids.
Your little girl looks so cute in the dress! I seriously was worried that it would be a lot bigger.
That was the first dotee doll that I have made. It was a lot of fun! I am hoping to make more soon.  Grin
I loved your package that you sent me! Your an awesome partner! I showed my mom the package I got from you when she came to visit. She thought everything was so great! I think I may have got her into swapping. She has been eye balling the new swaps trying to decide which one she wants to join first Smiley

Hey Glamis
That butterfly painting is amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Face Paint a Christmas Tree Tattoo
How to Create a Collage for Your Face Painting Work
How to Load Your Face Paint Brush
How to Use Glitter in Face Painting
How to Face Paint a Bat Mask
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...