A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,053
Currently Running With Scissors:
830 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: University Scrapbook  (Read 1768 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 28, 2010 09:45:30 PM »

I decided to scrapbook my university days several years ago, and spent those several years accumulating scrapbooking supplies (why, oh why?). I hardly did a bit of actually scrapbooking though. Just recently, I plotted it all out, got the photos printed, and I'm moving! I realize my technique may be lacking a bit (next step: research scrapbooking pages?), but I feel like I'm learning as I go. I intend to photos of my pages here when I finish a few more, but here's my first bunch.

The first page of the book, "LAURIER" (my university), with Laurier's colours of purple & gold, and a photo of the decorated front door of me & my first-year roomie.

Next - and I plan to do this for each school year - a 2 page spread for the year, with roommates and other random photos. One the left is my whole dorm floor, on the other is the gal I actually shared a room with. (Still a good friend of mine).

Next, my Halloween spread. I'm really not too pleased with this from a design standpoint, but it went through 4 Halloweens and I couldn't seem to part with any of the pictures. I figured getting them all in there was more important than design. Maybe I'll regret it, maybe I won't.  Roll Eyes

And my current favourite, a page from the play I wrote, directed, and acted in, "PLAY-GIARISM", with some of my actors, and a write-up int he middle. The glue soaked through the write-up, but as of now I can't decide whether I should reprint and paste over top, or leave it because I kind of like the effect. Does it really look like glue just soaked through?

Heh. Yeah, it's a bit rough so far, but I'm liking my little theme pages, and I hope my skills will get better as I go along!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creatastic
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010 04:18:02 PM »

Yep your skills are improving with each page. I really liked the halloween page. Too cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Doris Kearns Goodwin on Roosevelt, Taft and the Progressive Era
Noah Fecks: What Are You Reading?
Bob Drury: What Are You Reading?
Nancy Ohlin: What Are You Reading?
History in Five: Matthew Hart on the Evolution of Gold
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...