A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: International Snack Swap Gallery!  (Read 21954 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LanaC
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2010 09:12:56 PM »

In a cruel twist of fate I came home to find the postie had been yesterday- noone was home to sign so they left a card- but it has to be collected and signed for by me personally! I had work today & work the same hours the po is open so I wont be able to get my candy til Wednesday when I have a day off. WEDNESDAY PEOPLE! So difficult to know it's sitting right there..*wistful sigh* So close yet so far  Angry

That stinks you have to wait until wednesday!  I could give you a hint of what is to come or do a "it rhymes with _____" to give you a hint, LOL! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
monkey_girl
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2010 12:36:47 AM »

Just thought I'd share what happens when Mexican candy meets Korean 10 year olds.

I'd received a whole bunch of Mexican candy from my partner, I'm not great with spicy food so I decided to share it with my students.

I had a writing contest in my class and said the winner would get a bag of Mexican candy - the boy who won was so excited and shared his prize lollipops with his friends at break.

The I suddenly heard - "TEACHER!!! WHY!!!!" and "OH!! TEACHER!! IT'S VERY HOT" and "TEACHER CANDY SPICY WHY!! WATER!!"

Yes my students have been raised on a diet of Kimchi and red pepper paste, I thought that spicy Mexican candy would go down a treat but it was WAY too hot for the little guys - opps - I felt kind of bad but it was kind of funny too - maybe I am an evil teacher?

I've now been told - candy from Korean, New Zealand and America is delicious but no more candy from Mexico ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.adventuresofagi rlfromthenaki.blogs pot.com

So many crafts, so many ideas, so little time!

My wist!

http://www.wists.com/Trees

I love charms for jewelery making, got anything gothic? Want to swap? PM me!
gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2010 03:00:21 AM »

That's too funny monkey_girl.  There's nothing evil about a teacher enjoying a little harmless student suffering... right?

I am very sad to report that my Starburst Babies are almost gone.  Cry  I had these wonderful intentions about doling them out slowly and rationing them reasonably.  I guess its actually a very good thing that I can't get them often, my teeth and blood sugar levels would surely suffer if I could.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinniped
« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2010 04:26:12 AM »

Oh monkey girl that's so funny! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wx2dzug
« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2010 08:08:51 AM »

Not all of the Mexican candy is spicy, a lot of it is the sweet chili. I always get a kick out of Mexicans and their chili. I remember I was there and someone offered me a beer, little did I know they were going to add chili to the beer and on the rim of the glass. I was so upset...why ruin a perfectly good beer lol.

The funny thing about the Mexican candy that isn't chili flavored is that it is so bland. Those silly little wafers that are just gloried (read: dyed) communion wafers don't taste like anything! But for some reason everyone loves them.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #165 on: July 20, 2010 09:34:26 AM »

Okay the waiting is killing me - more for my partner but a little for me. Hugh Jackman, Australian postal delivery person, must be stuck on his way to Lunamione's house!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3
Altered Puzzle Pieces - again!
Ninni Swap in August
Fall Dotee Swap in September
Tadiera
Heroic-Leigh

Superhero With No Powers or Motivation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2010 10:55:40 AM »

Okay the waiting is killing me - more for my partner but a little for me. Hugh Jackman, Australian postal delivery person, must be stuck on his way to Lunamione's house!

And on the way to JenniePsycho's, too. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Site: http://www.heroic-leigh.com
Wist: http://wists.com/tadiera
Pintrest: http://www.pintrest.com/tadiera
Note for partners: I have gauged ears, so classic earrings don't really work for me. Smiley
JenniePsycho
So many ideas, so little time

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2010 04:19:45 PM »

And on the way to JenniePsycho's, too. Wink

Yep... still waiting! I think I'm checking the mail three times a day! I might go and ask at the post office if it doesn't arrive today. Will be totally worth the wait though!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
monkey_girl
« Reply #168 on: July 20, 2010 05:14:27 PM »

It was the lollipops which caused all the chaos wx2dzug ^^

I have the communion wafer thingees in the "treat" bag for special prizes - maybe I can convince them they are ok.

We ate those chocolate marshmallow Mexican things at home and they were good - slightly chilli but in a good way.

The American candy has all been good so far!

I really hope my package from Korea shows up soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.adventuresofagi rlfromthenaki.blogs pot.com

So many crafts, so many ideas, so little time!

My wist!

http://www.wists.com/Trees

I love charms for jewelery making, got anything gothic? Want to swap? PM me!
stelolina
« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2010 07:07:48 PM »

I received my package from Australia a few days ago, it took me awhile to figure out the picture hosting, because apparently I have issues!
But here are my goodies, and there are LOTS!

Here is everything together

My crafted items: I love the bag, and the little drawstring bags are filled with gummie candy also!

Non candy items....The cookies are good they remind me of crunchy granola bars, and the burger chips are amazing!

Finally the candy items.... The Suga (made locally in her town) is amazing, I have eaten almost all the Cadbury Frogs, and Kolas, and the Melody pops made me so excited (we had them here when I was really little but I think they were called whistle pops)

Thanks So So Much Kitten Wrangler!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best Dressed and Top Trends at the 2013 Emmys
Choosing a Bra for Busty Heart
Fashion at the 65th Primetime Emmys
How to Choose the Right Bra
Marios Schwab - London Spring 2014 - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...