A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,729
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: International Snack Swap Gallery!  (Read 22661 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HM Elfke
aka elfke the strange

weirdo

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2010 02:24:11 AM »

Shocked everyone 's send such wonderfull packages!

(I only hope my Dutch stuff can compare to that...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keep on smiling, cause when you're smiling the whole world smiles with you!
Dolly Mixx
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2010 10:01:33 AM »

I recieved today from beeker & I got spoilt!

Look at all the goodies!

Cheese crackers with peanut butter? They sound so weird but I can't wait to try them out!

I actually already had some of these, verdict=yummy!

The US version of a dib dab, which my mum tried to steal!

Jelly beans & fruit chews- yum!

This is what I am looking forward to trying the most- cookie dough bites! They sound heavenly.

Now this is something I have never seen or heard of before- but they look really nice! Can't wait to try those either!

Coconut M&Ms sound yummy!

I also got a little wind up frong that actually jumps, & also lots of those paper fortune teller origami things, but I forgot to get a pic of those! Thank you so much again beeker, I had great fun swapping with you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

camelama
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2010 02:23:53 PM »

Oh my gosh, I haven't thought of those cheesey peanut butter sandwich thingees in YEARS.

Confession time: when I was in college, we'd eat those and drink chocolate milk at the same time.  So. Darn. Good.   Roll Eyes

What a great package!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
beeker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Meep!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2010 03:02:04 PM »

It's funny, I almost didn't stick in the peanut butter crackers. Most of the things I bought special just to send, but the crackers and the fudge round we always have in the house. My husband takes them in his lunch for work and my boys are always eating crackers for an afternoon snack.
the fortune teller things are actually my candy dishes. I have a really old origami book that labled them as "candy dish" I was trying to make something girly and pink for you.  Grin

I love the corn nuts, they are one of my favorite things. It is also a fitting snack to be from Indiana.  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010 03:03:24 PM by beeker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Vintage Halloween - crafting!
OTT October Holiday Swap - Crafting!!
dcoyote
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2010 03:17:57 PM »

Oh man! I wish I had gotten back into craftster earlier! I kind of forgot about it for a long time. I would have sent out some Mr. Bee's potato chips. They're a West Virgina thing. Pepperoni rolls are really popular around here too, but I don't know about mailing them. I think I know why we have obesity problems though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LanaC
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2010 03:34:32 PM »

I recieved my package from Bunny of DOOM today! 

The first pic is when I opened it and one of my cats was just as curious as I was to see what Bunny sent to me:

This one has Tiny Teddy chocolate cookies (?), Aero Bar, Flavored/Flavoured straws, Milo energy drink, 2 small jars of Kraft PB (1 crunchy, 1 smooth), Starburst Gummi Fruit, Twisties cheese snacks, Aeroplane Purple grape Jelly and Wizz Fizz (which I am not sure how to use):

This next one has a baggie of Wonka Redskins and Minties, a baggie of colored sticks, which I broke into and are VERY sugary, which I LOVE!, a tube of Vegemite, Smarties chocolate bar, Jaffas, Violet Crumble, TimTams, Wagon Wheels, caramello Koala and Cherry Ripe:

and the last pic has: Cheezels, Cadbury individual bars with furry friends on them and individual Nutella and of course my super cool snack belt that Bunny made me!  How cute is that.  I can snack and craft at the same time!

Now I had to try the vegemite of course and Bunny suggested buttered toast and a scrape of the Vegemite.  OMG it is salty. I had no idea.   Cheesy

All of the things in the box are items we don't have or I have never found out here in West Texas!  Thanks Bunny of DOOM!  I hope you like your package as much as I like mine! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
camelama
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2010 03:39:16 PM »

Now I can't stop humming "make me a vegamite sandwich"    Roll Eyes Grin

Neato stuff!  I love how we share the same brand names on things, yet can't get those actual items in our own countries.  So much for globalism!  Grin Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2010 06:47:42 PM »

Confession time: when I was in college, we'd eat those and drink chocolate milk at the same time.  So. Darn. Good.   

I concur! Nothing like junk food to fuel those research papers!

Wow - what an absolute plethora of junk food goodness. I am glad that Craftster is not scratch and sniff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Ninni Swap - Partners!
Fall Dotee Swap -Visit the gallery!
4 x 6 Art Swap - Coming soon.....
EkkaGrrl
I'm normal.. the rest of you are crazy!

mmm.. fabric...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2010 07:10:41 PM »

Have I told you all how happy this swap has made me?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I completed my best craft project EVA!! 10 lb 2 oz baby Violet! Born at home in my own bed!! Smiley

Wisty Goodness!
http://wists.com/EkkaGrrl
camelama
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2010 07:57:35 PM »

Yarrr, mateys, an' marvel at me booty! Me loot! Me treasures!

Oh wait, this isn't the One Tiny Pirate Thing swap!  Grin

I received from Ekkagrrl today and HOLY HOTPANTS BATMAN.  I AM HAPPY.  (Yes, Ekka! I am!)  Grin

First, the lovely snack bags she made for me (and I actually like the snaps better, Ekk, the velcro would just get covered in cat hair! lol!)

Gorgeous dragon prints and I love the black-and-white circles/dots.  I already have one packed with my snack for tomorrow's workday, and in my work bag!!

Then, a group shot of my snacks! (Normally I have better lit photos, today I was hiding from the sun in our heat wave of 90+ - which I know is nothing compared to the US East Coast, but for us mossy-backed PNWers, it's hell! So all my blinds were closed and it gave everything a creepy tinge. Hee.)

The list of stuff!
-maple candies (not the grainy sugar kind, but this amazing hard-candy kind I've never seen before! They are just as scrumptious and MAN are they dangerous!)
-Coffee Crisp bar
-2 boxes of Smarties (So. Good.)
-2 Aero bars, 2 mint Aero bars (hardening back up in the fridge - they made it here ok, Ekka! Just needed a bit of chilling!)
-2 bags of ketchup-flavored (!!!  Shocked !!!) potato chips (Saving for this weekend when it's cooler)
-5 candy sticks in various flavors - I ***LOVE*** these, like you got in old "general store" places at tourist traps. These are from New Brunswick, it seems, from the printing on the wrapping!!
-4 packages of Maynard's gummies: juicy bursts, swedish berries, fizzy peach, original gummies
-1 Big-R-Turk bar (!!!!?! This I am going to take pictures of when I try it this weekend!)
-1 Mr Big bar (this made me laugh, seeing it right after the other one)
-1 maple candy sucker!! Oh dear oh dear, so difficult to resist. Smiley But again, saving it for a cooler day when I can appreciate it better.
-1 bag of Peppermint Nobs (hee hee), a candy from Newfoundland! And you could only get it there, until she found it recently where she lived (I think). These are DEEEEEELICIOUS.  I had one today in the heat and it made me very very happy.   Cheesy
-1 bag Decadent chocolate chip cookies.  So tempting to open today but the heat .... I put them in the fridge and they will be sampled once I can settle in with a glass of cold milk.
-POCKY POCKY POCKY!!!!

Some pics:

Nobs and sticks! (TEE HEE) (ok, the heat is making me very silly...)

Maple candies!

(must! resist! Too sticky today!)

Maynard snacks:

Chocolate chips and ketchup! (har har)

The incredible stationary she used - this had me cracking up while I read her note.

It says:

"Very Sweet. Love. Thank you for kind consideration. Strawberry. I will sticky about my favorite things. This is a relief not known among people to our surprise. I like it very much!! Happy. Smile. You'll be relieved when you can see your favorites. Now, I have a rich feeling. Are you happy?"

Yes, I am happy!   Kiss

Ekka, the nobs ended up melting a wee bit and sticking together, but it didn't do any damage to their deliciousness!!

They have such an intriguing texture. They're nothing like the hard candy peppermints I've had before. They're grainier than the typical round stripey peppermint candy (and I like grainy, so that's a plus!) but harder than the buttermints you used to get as you left fancy restaurants.  Very very interesting, I think they're my favorite of all that I got!

I'll post an update after this weekend when I've tried more of the stuff.  Grin

THANK YOU!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
One Maxi Dress Styled 10 Ways
Digital Dressing Room: Hardwired
United States in Style: New Mexico
5 Ways To Wear A White Dress After Labor Day
Fashions To Help Your Kids Rock The New School Year
Latest Blog Articles
October 2, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Washi Tape
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...