A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,443
Currently Running With Scissors:
245 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: International Snack Swap Gallery!  (Read 34383 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
I'm normal.. the rest of you are crazy!

mmm.. fabric...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010 05:30:20 AM »

I recieved an amazing box full of goodies on Friday!! Yummy!!
I have had a crazy weekend! Sorry it took me so long to post. Smiley
First we have the chocolate. Oh my the chocolate! Have I mentioned how much I love chocolate? Especially GOOD chocolate! There's a good combo of dark chocolate with things like bread, sea salt and mint. There's a chocolate frog and there were 2 Almond Joys ( but one of them accidently fell inmy mouth already.  Roll Eyes )

My wonderful partner, camelama, is thinking about me. I can tell. She packed me healthy snacks too.
These are very very yummy fruit strips.

And these bars, which are both gluten/wheat-free. My son is gluten-free and I think he'll really like these. Smiley

I had asked camelama if she had Kraft Dinner in the US. Turns out they do but it's called Kraft Macaroni and Cheese and the pasta comes in fun shapes! So she sent me Toy Story Macaroni & Cheese! We can't wait to try it, maybe today for lunch. I'm curious if the taste is the same.

I also asked her about Fruit Stripe Gum. When I was a little girl and lived in BC my parents used to buy this gum for me all the time!

When I first opened the boxed a package of pretzel M&Ms jumped out at me. Pretzel M&Ms?? That's crazy talk!! So I ate them. Holy Moly! Talk about yummo!! There was also a bag of Pirate booty and chocolate cherries. I have to admit, I have ALWAYS wondered what the heck Pirate Booty was ( I'd heard other American friends talking about it but I have never seen it.) Turns out is delicious!

She's is so thoughtful she even sent snacks for my kitties! Smiley It says they're dog treats but let's face it.. cats can't read! ..and they eat dead things.... lol!!

She sent me 2 cars!! Cheesy Cheesy My 2 year old was all over these! She loves cars. Smiley

And the best part? 2 snack bags made with the best fabric ever! I love this sugar skulls fabric. She saw it on my wist and just happened to have enough to make me snack bags.  Grin Pure awesomeness!

There was a box of chocolate chip cookies in there too but I managed to drop them in my car and didn't notice them until I had already taken pictures. They tried to escape but it was a failed attempt! Bwaaahaahaahaa!  Cheesy

Thank you so much camelama! This has been the yummiest swap EVER!!! Smiley

I completed my best craft project EVA!! 10 lb 2 oz baby Violet! Born at home in my own bed!! Smiley

Wisty Goodness!
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010 06:19:51 AM »

I received my box of goodies this morning from Lady Pistola. And boy was there a lot of goodies sealed away in that box! Shocked I couldnt get them al back inside.

I got Moonpies, Twizzlers, Candy Corn, Kool-Aid really The list is to long write!

you can see them covering a huge chunk of my dining table

And then this awesome little bag which I have dubbed my moonpie bag as it fits one in perfectly Cheesy.

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010 06:58:07 AM »

Kool Aid tips - when you make lemonade add an extra half cup of sugar per packet, it's really good. Also you can slice up a lemon to add to it.  Grin

Another variation is to add 1/2 cup of brown sugar, odd color, but extra tastey.

combine 1 packet of orange Koolaid and 1 packet of lemonade and it will make 1 gallon of orange aide (don't forget that extra 1/2 cup of sugar Wink

question: do you have to do like some crazy math conversions for metric??

Mix up a gallon of any kind of Koolaid and put it in a plastic jug (like a water jug or a cleaned out milk jug). then stick in in the freezer. take it out and shake it about every half hour. You will end up with a great slushy drink. if you are adventurous, make jugs of different kinds and then mix them when you serve them.

Current Swaps:
Christmas Stocking Swap - crafting Smiley
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010 07:02:45 AM »

Adorable Yoshi bag Cheesy

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010 08:01:12 AM »

serenthia:  I'm so glad you like your goodies.  I'm especially thrilled that you like laffy taffy, the banana is my favorite candy ever! I don't really think there is anything in laffy taffy that could be considered real food, but who cares?  Razzles were one of my favs as a child, so I was thrilled when they resurfaced during my children's lives.  And I agree, combos are weird.  I actually don't like them but one of my best friends insisted that I had to put them in your package ( she loves them). 

I laughed when you said you tried the kool-aid without sugar.  My daughter actually suggested that I put a note on it warning you not to do that.  Guess I should have listened to her. 

Let me know what you think of your other treats.

The other packages are great!  I especially love those skully snack bags!

Lady Pistola
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010 08:09:14 AM »

I got Moonpies, Twizzlers, Candy Corn, Kool-Aid really The list is to long write!

Since there is so much talk of the Kool-Aid on here: Just to let you know, the ones I got you were the single servings, where each packet goes straight into a water bottle, so I DONT believe you need to ADD sugar. It's already in there!

Oh and I was at the Asian market one day and decided to throw in those weird looking hard candies that have the pictures of beverages on it.....I just thought they looked cute and fun. I don't even know what they're called LOL!

I have vintage smurf sheets and do embroidery and stenciling...wanna swap?
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She is Dangerous, She is Dangerous, I'm sure."

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010 08:11:27 AM »

ooo these goodies look soo delicious!
gamemom, you don't like combo?!

funny story.. my sister came over eating some combos.. and she stuffed them in the couch because she had to leave out really quick.. Well when she came back.. My dog was laying on the floor eating her combos.. She was soo mad and couldn't figure out how he even got to them.. I thought it was the funniest thing ever..

moral of the story- Don't leave your combos around Jack Russell Terriers..haha

Find me on Instagram! -yayitsjojo
I'm normal.. the rest of you are crazy!

mmm.. fabric...

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2010 08:13:42 AM »

What a great package!! That's a lot of good stuff! Smiley I love that Yoshi bag.

I completed my best craft project EVA!! 10 lb 2 oz baby Violet! Born at home in my own bed!! Smiley

Wisty Goodness!

Superhero With No Powers or Motivation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2010 11:19:39 AM »

I love Combos. My husband loves them more. Cheesy They are often kept around our house.

Fruit Stripe gum is actually becoming harder to find in the US, I've discovered. It's also one of the few gums still made with sugar and not aspartame.

Site: http://www.heroic-leigh.com
Wist: http://wists.com/tadiera
Pintrest: http://www.pintrest.com/tadiera
Note for partners: I have gauged ears, so classic earrings don't really work for me. Smiley
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2010 11:30:15 AM »

No, I'm not crazy about combos but my best friend thinks I'm crazy and talked me into sending them.  Of course; its possible I just haven't tried the right flavor.

I'm feeling really bad that I didn't send my partner Fruit Stripe gum ( I sent a tiny little package of the fruit stripe bites but that's all).  I also should have sent moon pies.  I may have to send her a tiny little bonus package.

Funny ( weird?) little story:  I can't drink Kool-Aid.  It makes me remember Sunday School at my grandmother's very traditional pentecostal church when I was really young.  The teacher was horribly mean and the whole experience ( which I had to endure anytime I visited them) was so terrifying.  They always gave the kids Kool-Aid and butter cookies during the lesson and the taste is forever linked with fear in my mind.

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: No Sew Candy Costume
Awww, nuts...
Countdown to Halloween

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...