A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,030
Currently Running With Scissors:
717 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dotees - Round 10 GALLERY Send out 7/19/10  (Read 18068 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Rosie1981

Wanderlust.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: August 05, 2010 06:12:59 PM »

I got my last dotee from strwberrytart and Moonbunny is amazing. She is made from recycled items, old dress, beads, dr.pepper bottle. ^_^

This is a group shot of my received dotees.  They are all equally amazing and beautiful.

This is a group shot of the ones that I made and sent out.

I had so much fun making these, so when's the next one?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #181 on: August 05, 2010 06:28:58 PM »

Man, I'm really diggin' on the dotees that strwberrytart made! Those are awesome! So sorry to hear about your loss, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #182 on: August 06, 2010 05:12:28 AM »

strwberrytart, moonbunny,lol I love that you used recycled materials in your dotees - and the clever way you incorporated them, and moonbunny is just too cute- excellent job on all of your dotees-- you've inspired me to use more recycled objects in my crafting
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #183 on: August 06, 2010 06:20:28 AM »

First of all, I am so sad to hear of your very personal loss strwberrytart...I will send supportive thoughts to you and your family...whoa..

It is kind of hard to comment after getting that shocking news...

But, your bunny dotee is so amazing and I am also inspired to try different materials...

Rosie1981--I just think the picture of all the dotees you made together is fantastic!  So colorful and artsy...love the shape...

Hey--what if we do a collection dotee swap?  Like maybe three similar dotees to just one or two partners?  I would love to get a collection similar to what Rosie1981 or smmarrt did!  Same but different?  Does that appeal to anyone else?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Smmarrt

« Reply #184 on: August 06, 2010 03:08:47 PM »

Thanks for telling about my dotee, strwberry. I wasn't sure if they were all similar so I didn't want to give away too much information. I will post a photo later - I have all the "spooky" dotees grouped together and it makes quite an impact.

I don't think I will do another dotee swap until the end of September. I am hosting the "My Favorite Character Plushie/Stuffie Swap" now and I also want to host the One Tiny Dr. Seuss Thing and Button Bracelet swaps in the near future. I also just joined the "Sketchbook Project" so I'm busy.

If you want to host, Linda, have at it. I would love to sit back and just be a participant in a round instead of trying to regain the control that I lose each day at the preschool - whew! Too much information! And just kidding, sort of.

If anyone wants to host any type of dotee swap - go for it. I am not the boss of this although I did sort of take control of the swaps a while back. I will happily participate in any themed-dotee swap, even though I previously said I would not. This is an easy little swap for anyone who wants to try organizing to dip their toe in the water, so to speak.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Done
Altered Puzzle Pieces - Done
Ninni Swap in late August
Fall Dotee Swap - Sign ups NOW!
pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #185 on: August 06, 2010 03:18:39 PM »

Themed dotee swap sounds super awesome! I'd love to participate! I need more dotees!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

strwberrytart

Red hair, Pink dress, and rockin a Pink guitar!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 06, 2010 04:50:51 PM »

Thank you all for your kind words, and prayers. It means a lot! I am pleased the the two partners that have received so far like them. I cant wait to hear from the remaining two!
I love the idea of recycling or up-cycling. Dotees are a great outlet for the smaller things that most people don't think about. I included upcylced earrings I made from one of my old chain belts for 3 of my partners and while I didnt recycle the fourth partner's earrings from anything, the ones I sent her matched the theme of her dotee well.

I have really enjoyed doing this swap. Everyone came up with such lovely little dotees and I am jealous of each and everyone of you for the dotees you received (but I wouldn't trade mine for anything! They are priceless to me.)

I will not be participating in another swap for a while. This was my first and a great experience but life kind of gets in the way of things sometimes and makes it difficult to finish on time.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just wondering...Does crafting cause more stress than it relieves?

My Wist List: http://www.wists.com/strwberrytart
Fosca
« Reply #187 on: August 07, 2010 03:35:57 AM »

Well I recieved my lasts ones from Angelicus and strwberrytart, they are so beautiful!!
Look:

This one is from Angelicus, I love her sweet expression and the embroidery, is so calming!

And this is the one from Strwberrytart, a Gypsi witch! face and dangling pieces from sculpey, fabric recycled... I love every bit of her!

If you have clearer pics don't hesiate to put them! My camera isn't behaving well...
Thank you ladies!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #188 on: August 07, 2010 10:51:44 AM »

I love dotees with sweet faces--very nicely done!

Another recycled dotee as well--wonderful--I can't wait to try doing one with more recycled materials!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Spiffyhink
« Reply #189 on: August 11, 2010 05:49:44 PM »

Strwberrytart, I'm so sorry about what happened! I wish there were something I could do, but I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Here is the last dotee I received from Shelichan. It's like the others that she sent out, but in my favorite color--green--and, being a dedicated tea addict, I think it's a PERFECT addition to my dotee collection.

Thank you so much! I'm sorry I've been absent for so long, but I've been moving and my stuff got packed for a while. I've gone back and looked at all the dotees that have been posted since, though, and they're all amazing! This was a great round!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Using the Line and Paint Bucket Tools
Macromedia Flash 8 - Distinguishing Between Strokes and Fills
Macromedia Flash 8 - Exploring the Pencil Tool Options
Macromedia Flash 8 - Setting Up the Drawing Preferences
Macromedia Flash 8 - Introduction to Flash Natural Drawing Tools
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...