A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Calender Cd Wallet-Tutorial  (Read 2526 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Laurann
<Arrest the Viewer>

View Profile WWW
« on: May 12, 2005 07:42:25 PM »

So I have a bunch of old calenders that I just can't throw out (the pics are too great)...

I decided to make a cd wallet - and here's how I did it!

1. I ripped some of my not so favorite pics from one of my old calenders Cry  Then I folded it two ways so that it divided into four parts - I then ripped holes in each square. (This was done to 3 pages)

2. Then I cut out circles out of paper protectors (any clear/thin plastic will do) that were a little bit bigger than the ones I tore out of the pages. I glued them over the holes onto the backside of the paper (gluestick).

3. After the 3 pages were finished, I ripped 2 more pages from the calender and folded them in half - I cut them along the fold and placed them inside each 'folded-finshed page' (hope that makes sense - this is done in order to divide the pages into two slots).

4. For the cover: I took a picture from a calender that I really liked and cut it in half - I joined each half to make it one long piece. I took my 3 finished pages and placed them on top of one another and folded them over (so now you've got a big thick square of folded pages) - this is then placed onto the middle (ish) of your long cover piece and fold the left side over the pages - then the right side.

5. Now that you've got a package of pages, if you will, then take a ribbon and thread it into a large needle. Poke the needle into the spine of your book so that it comes out of the back (leave some extra ribbon slack for later) Now that the ribbon is on the outside, bring the needle over the top of the spine so that the ribbon comes over the top and over so that your back inside the book - then poke a hole just like the first time, but at the top of the spine. Now your back on the outside - you can tie a bow at the top. The slack that was left on the inside should be able to reach the top so that you can tie a knot. So now the pages are stuck in there. (god, this is probably so confusing) Huh

6. Now you can take some velcro and either glue it (or get the kind that's in the pic - it's peel & stick) and put it on the end of the cover so that it will hold everything nice and cozy like.

And that's it!

The only problem w/ mine is that, in time, I think the paper will scratch the cds. So if you're gonna do this, then I suggest adding a soft/thin fabric to each side of the middle paper of each slot.

Hope this was confusing and helpful at the same time! Wink

« Last Edit: May 13, 2005 04:13:42 PM by Laurann » THIS ROCKS   Logged

:: Arrest the Viewer ::
apandalee
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005 08:28:09 PM »

oh man that is so cute! if you could post a tutorial I would be forever greatful  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shirl_ravenlock
Beatle freak/Anthro geek

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005 03:54:15 PM »

Yay!  I have the same calendar.  Looks pretty cool, although I don't really understand how you made it.  I don't think paper would scratch the CDs very much, but it wouldn't be as durable as fabric.

Ravenlock
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't intimidate me, you carry your lunch in a tube!
wendyhead
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005 05:14:50 PM »

It looks really good , i like it a lot but im paranoid about the scratches that can be made and dust collecting in it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Laurann
<Arrest the Viewer>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005 05:27:10 AM »

Yes - I'm thinking the same thing... that's why I"m thinking that some fabric added will do the trick!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

:: Arrest the Viewer ::
jangalian
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005 07:38:15 PM »

This is a great idea; I have tons of calendars I don't like to get rid of, that just sit there. Here's some real use for it!
The instructions are confusing, but I think I got how to make it. Must try this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a friend of God
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Gabby_Giffords_Sizzle_Lock_MM
DIY Noodle Jewelry
How to Use a Kindness Jar
Use Natural Dyes for Easter Eggs
How to Do Decorative Yarn Orbs
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...