A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
710 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Showtime Weeds Swap  (Read 3006 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyStoner
It's just a nervous tic motion of the head to the left

Digging personal swaps

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: June 24, 2010 04:20:23 PM »

Alright. The 6th season of Weeds on Showtime kicks off on August 16th.

I know that there have been other showtime show swaps (Dexter! <3) And I know that sometimes things in relation to marijuana are a bit taboo. But the show? I know that there are pleeenty of people who -do not- smoke, that watch this show. I've been watching Weeds since the very first episode. It's one of my favorite shows. And I think I'd like to tackle this for my first organized swap.

So Are you in love with Mary Louise Parker? Would you proudly display a "little boxes" Embroidery? T-shirts with quotes from Andy (And all of his stony wisdom?)

We can do this and follow the rules! It's just a show.

Also If everyone could read this:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=71764.0

This swap would -not- be about drug paraphernalia. Craftster does an excellent job of keeping things like this under wraps. I know that -I- wouldn't want this website to come under any trouble. <3

Any Ideas guys? Is this something that anyone would be interested for August? With Signups in July?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps.
Will happily swap for mushroom items.
And will take requests.
<3
Tadiera
Heroic-Leigh

Superhero With No Powers or Motivation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010 04:28:15 PM »

I'd be game, but, er, maybe it could be a tiny thing? I love these swaps, but when I see that they're like, 5 or 6 point ones, I get really intimidated and hide. But I love OTT swaps. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Site: http://www.heroic-leigh.com
Wist: http://wists.com/tadiera
Pintrest: http://www.pintrest.com/tadiera
Note for partners: I have gauged ears, so classic earrings don't really work for me. Smiley
CraftyStoner

Digging personal swaps

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010 04:32:00 PM »

Ah! Oh yeah. I forgot to throw in I was thinking a medium and a small or two. Even I'm sometimes intimidated by large swaps. But I'm not sure about a OTT swap either. We'll see how much interest this gets. I'm hoping to get some. It's a pretty popular show.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps.
And will take requests.
<3
fluffybaka

The Lil Hippies are taking over!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010 04:35:17 PM »

Yes, smaller swap for sure!  I'm currently in two big swaps, and need a break!  My poor little fingers can only knit and crochet so fast.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.CraftyHippy.etsy.com
Eco-friendly items, patterns, hippies, and more.

I'm on Ravelry, too!
http://www.ravelry.com/designers/stephanie-horn
starcakes57

only way to craft, with a great dane in your lap

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010 05:05:54 PM »

OMG YES YES YES i want to do this!!!! i can already think of what i would do! YAY little boxes is my fav show song! i sing it all ALL the time, whenever i see something that is totally un orriginal like a blonde bimbo or something not that being blonde is a bad thing i mean im blonde just not a carben copy of barbie. anyways YES I WOULD TOTALLY BE DOWN! i personally would like a medum swap this would be my second swap and my first one was a OTT so i would like the chance to step it up a little! YAY
THIS ROCKS   Logged
litebrite1919

http://www.kellycaroline.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010 05:06:35 PM »

I'm up for it! smaller swaps rock and so does Weeds!

*Kelly*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melinda06sue
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010 05:17:24 PM »

Wow, I don't know if I'm even aloud to do swaps yet as I am new to craftster, but omg I would be completely game on this.  Grin  It's my fiance and I's FAVORITE tv show and we are so psyched for it to start in August again...we're going through weeds withdrawal and we are one of the ones that account to your 'watch the show and don't smoke' theory.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starcakes57

only way to craft, with a great dane in your lap

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010 06:10:25 PM »

go comment on 15 peoples posts and you will probilly be able to do this, well its up to the organizer as to what her rules are going to be but sence we discust a small to medium swap you will prob be good as long as you coment on 15 posts, to view howmany posts you have already done go to your profile and it will tell you. (im fairly new too and i just finished my first swap, they are awesome) oh also you have to have been a member for a month i believe,
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nat_attack
"We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love." - T. Robbins

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010 08:26:24 PM »

i could get into this! we watched episodes 1-5 all in a row, it took us weeks! Id be down for a medium sized swap too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't mean to seem like I care about material things, like a social status, I just want four walls and adobe slabs for my girls"
Animal Collective, "My Girls"
sushiluvzombie
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010 08:30:21 PM »

omgggg weeds has become my recent obsession! i'm only on season 3 so far, but i am just totally addicted. i definitely do NOT need to be doing any swaps right now, but maybe...if it was a liiiiittle one, i could squeeze it in lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010 08:43:29 PM »

I love Weeds! I'm not sure that i've seen enough to be able to swap though. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on some dvds before signups start.

I think that there could be some awesome quirky crafts for this show! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyStoner

Digging personal swaps

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010 09:47:49 PM »

Awesome! I agree, there could be a really great gallery for this. And it's one of the shows that I can't recall ever seeing any crafts for.  It'd be great to see some original stuff.

If we go Medium and two smalls every one that wants to step it up would be more than welcome to. Cheesy Extras are always great. Like maybe "Munchies" for watching the new season? eh? I'd like it to be a low stress swap. And this was the first Idea for a swap that hasn't happened yet that I -reeaaally- want to organize.

Any input is great guys. I'm thinking the questionnaire should have questions like Favorite characters, seasons, moments, What seasons have you seen so far... ect.

I'm pretty stoked for the response so far. I'm hoping to have a great first time organizing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps.
And will take requests.
<3
melinda06sue
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010 01:12:43 AM »

I agree with the questions and the snack idea, maybe that could be like a question also?  what is their favorite snack?  I also, just thought of one, favorite quote? for some quote crafts..wow I hope I can do this swap my mind is moving already.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krissy-poo
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010 01:03:43 PM »

I'd be down.
I'm kind of a newbie, just doing my first swap now...so as long as it's not required to have x number of completed swaps I'm in! Love Weeds...watch it a lot when I crochet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wx2dzug
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010 11:54:47 PM »

I'd definitely be in. I just started watching Weeds and I may or may not have watched all 5 seasons in one week. Hey, it's summer break. BTW for anyone interested, it's available on Netflix instant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010 12:09:32 PM »

Depending on my swap load at the time of sign ups, I'd probably be interested.

Loved the first couple seasons. Once she hooked up with the Mexican Mafia Mayor, I kinda became disenchanted with the show. But what I wouldn't give for a "Chris died for our sins" t-shirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyStoner

Digging personal swaps

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010 01:06:05 PM »

Oh that would be freakin awesome. I've been wondering how to apply this quote to something.

"Life is just blah, blah, blah.
You hope for blah
and sometimes you find it
but mostly it's blah...and waiting for blah;
and hoping you are right about the blahs you made.
And then, just when you think you've got the whole blah damn thing figured out,
and you are surrounded by the ones you blah,
Death shows up, and blah blah blah"

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps.
And will take requests.
<3
Dinosaurus Meg

I wish I was a wolpertinger.

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010 01:05:35 PM »

Ah! Oh yeah. I forgot to throw in I was thinking a medium and a small or two. Even I'm sometimes intimidated by large swaps. But I'm not sure about a OTT swap either. We'll see how much interest this gets. I'm hoping to get some. It's a pretty popular show.

I would love this swap, and personally I hate OTT swaps.. I find them tedious and I don't like the restrictions that come with the word "tiny" but hey, I might not even be able to join the swap anyway Tongue But I certainly hope this gets off the ground because I would LOVE to see what people craft for this one Cheesy

Besides, I don't see any problems at all with this as a swap theme as long as we're all sensible and don't send people grams and pipes Wink Hehe.. Wouldn't that be something though.. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hey Fiber People: I am very interested in personal swaps for painted/dyed roving or top. I can swap supplies or crafted items. Let's talk!

Every body wants a rock to wind a piece of string around.
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010 03:31:00 PM »

I was wondering if this had been done or not but I guess not. Ohhhh how I love our beloved Hemptress. I am not a smoker but am quite obsessed with Weeds.

Not a fan of OTT either, would like to see something based on a point system and not size, but that is just my opinion. I will bookmark this to see what comes of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyStoner

Digging personal swaps

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2010 04:45:28 PM »

I've been wondering about the whole Point system vs. Size system. Because I'm kind of on a half and half thing with it. Possibly leaning towards size.  Can I ask why you prefer it? Input on this kind of stuff is great.

Or at the very least Maaaaybe two mediums and a small?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps.
And will take requests.
<3
fluffybaka

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010 04:49:37 PM »

I like points better.  If it's a 2 mediums and a small, that translates to a 5 point swap.  I can talk it over with my partner, and maybe make her/him a large (3 points), and a medium (2 points) that they would like a whole lot better instead.

Then again, I always spoil my partners to death, so I kinda throw the whole points and size thing out the window....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on Ravelry, too!
dharma_rebel

put a bird on it

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2010 07:50:23 PM »

I also prefer the points system, for the same reasons as fluffybaka. Actually, I REALLY prefer to just talk things over with my partner and figure things out between us, but I understand than most people need something a little more concrete, and some people are a little shy about being up front about how much they can and can't handle. I'm also not very good at true smalls - my main crafts are sewing and embroidery, which usually take quite a bit of time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffybaka

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2010 07:54:41 PM »

I hear ya, dharma_rebel!  I'm a knitter and crocheter.  What's a small?  Oh, you want a single coaster?  Ok, I guess I can do that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on Ravelry, too!
dharma_rebel

put a bird on it

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2010 07:56:33 PM »

Hee hee! Yeah, I'll trade you a zipper pouch for a coaster!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffybaka

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2010 08:02:41 PM »

Be careful not to add any embellishments, though, or it'll become a medium!  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on Ravelry, too!
dharma_rebel

put a bird on it

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010 08:04:21 PM »

It might not even be a lined pouch. That would take extra time.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2010 08:19:38 PM »

I've been wondering about the whole Point system vs. Size system. Because I'm kind of on a half and half thing with it. Possibly leaning towards size.  Can I ask why you prefer it? Input on this kind of stuff is great.

Or at the very least Maaaaybe two mediums and a small?
I meant size as in the way that OTT swaps do it. Like, "MUST be under 4x4 inches" and such, ya know? I craft what feels right not by dimensions. I am fine with mediums and smalls and such.  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010 08:23:52 PM by AlishaMisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tadiera
Heroic-Leigh

Superhero With No Powers or Motivation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2010 10:20:07 PM »

My problem with point swaps is the way they're rated. I can make something small-ish (say a piece of jewelry, or embroidery) that takes me, say, eight hours cumulative and thus is a large, but what if my partner gets it and since it's "just" a bracelet (even a really elaborate one that took a lot of time/money), they end up feeling it only counts as a small.

I know people here are awesome and understanding, but I've been avoiding pretty much every pointed swap even if I'm interested because I feel like I could never manage anything "right" since I don't make big things like clothing or curio cabinets, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Site: http://www.heroic-leigh.com
Wist: http://wists.com/tadiera
Pintrest: http://www.pintrest.com/tadiera
Note for partners: I have gauged ears, so classic earrings don't really work for me. Smiley
dharma_rebel

put a bird on it

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2010 10:29:46 PM »

My problem with point swaps is the way they're rated. I can make something small-ish (say a piece of jewelry, or embroidery) that takes me, say, eight hours cumulative and thus is a large, but what if my partner gets it and since it's "just" a bracelet (even a really elaborate one that took a lot of time/money), they end up feeling it only counts as a small.

When I'm faced with a situation like this, I split the difference. So, it's tiny but took me 5 or 6 hours, I call it a medium/2 pointer. I'm not in love with the guidelines for small/med/large. I rarely spend less than 3 hours on anything. But that's a different thread.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyStoner

Digging personal swaps

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2010 10:40:40 PM »

Okay. Well. Then I think I may go with the points style first time around. I get what you're saying. And yeah. Discussing it with your partner regardless is usually the best thing to do.

However.... I work with polymer clay. Not just the colored clays. I usually just use white and paint it. It takes longer. But I feel like I have more control over the colors and the detail. (And I can usually add more detail)

Sometimes it takes hours to finish up one thing. And I'd like to put that into a "medium" But I don't want anyone to be disappointed So I usually just count it as a small. (Earrings are def. a small. Loaded charm bracelet? Mediums. But I'm stuck at a half way point with pendants.)

And then I'm always trying to come up with new skills and craft out of my comfort zone. I'm trying really hard to come up with awesome ideas for this swap (I re-watched up to episode seven of season one today) heh. It was kind of a reeeaaally lazy Sunday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps.
And will take requests.
<3
dharma_rebel

put a bird on it

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2010 10:43:54 PM »

Okay. Well. Then I think I may go with the points style first time around. I get what you're saying. And yeah. Discussing it with your partner regardless is usually the best thing to do.

However.... I work with polymer clay. Not just the colored clays. I usually just use white and paint it. It takes longer. But I feel like I have more control over the colors and the detail. (And I can usually add more detail)

Sometimes it takes hours to finish up one thing. And I'd like to put that into a "medium" But I don't want anyone to be disappointed So I usually just count it as a small. (Earrings are def. a small. Loaded charm bracelet? Mediums. But I'm stuck at a half way point with pendants.)

And then I'm always trying to come up with new skills and craft out of my comfort zone. I'm trying really hard to come up with awesome ideas for this swap (I re-watched up to episode seven of season one today) heh. It was kind of a reeeaaally lazy Sunday.

I think painted poly could be medium OR large. Depends on what your doing. And, something tell me, you mean a really HAZY Sunday.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyStoner

Digging personal swaps

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2010 11:21:53 PM »

xD hahaha. Actually. Not hazy at all. I've got a job coming up.  Grin And I'm stoked because this means I finally get to put some cash into my swaps! I have found a way to spoil every time. But now. When I come up with an idea and don't have the supplies to do it.... I don't have to come up with a new Idea. Sad That's the worst. I have an -amazing- Idea for my Zelda swap... But I won't get any money until a day after send offs. So I am pretty sure I am just going to craft around what I -really- want to make for now. Then make my grand plan and send it later as a super awesome surprise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps.
And will take requests.
<3
missapril
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010 11:28:06 AM »

Depending on size and crafting times I could be interested in the swap.  I just finished watching seasons 1-5 on Netflix (all within about a week)  Grin And I'm going to be so lonely without it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xoxo - April
mama and missus :: as of 7/19 and 8/15

i have a wist
trebleclef

now addicted to swaps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2010 09:25:55 AM »

Ooooh, now I want to rewatch Weeds.  I'd be interested depending on the time and size (Hey, I'm a poor soon to be college kid with no money).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
TTTFBS - Stalking
July ATC Swap - Swapping!
44 cent Swap - Sent =)

Project Sketchbook: My theme is Jackets, blankets, and sheets
CraftyStoner

Digging personal swaps

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2010 01:02:47 PM »

Hey everybody. I am thinking that  I will get sign ups out sometime next week. I will keep them open for two weeks and hopefully all of you who are interested will have time to tie up any loose ends. I will also PM all of you who have shown interest.

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps.
And will take requests.
<3
melinda06sue
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2010 02:27:19 AM »

are we doin the weeds swap? I can't wait for the new season to start, it's creepin up on us fast  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyStoner

Digging personal swaps

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010 01:56:11 AM »

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps.
And will take requests.
<3
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rap Manual: Lesson 1
Inside The Wondrous World Of Art
Landscape with Charon Crossing The River Styx
Henna Heads: Hair Loss Sufferers Get Beautiful Head Crowns
Naked Contortionist Models Transformed Into Animals By Body Paint
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...