A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 307,944
Currently Running With Scissors:
271 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WIP Wednesday 6/23 - Show off your in progress knitting projects here!  (Read 1605 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010 06:15:06 AM »

Oh, shoot, I totally forgot to post this week!! Oh well, next week I will definitely remember...Wednesday is my day off too!! lol

Everyone looks like they are working hard! Lapoli: handmade soap and washcloths are excellent ideas! I got a small sample of some handmade soap last Mother's day at the restaurant we took my mother out to brunch for.  Not only did it smell and look good, but it was so sudsy, definitely felt like I was getting my clean on  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010 06:16:14 AM »

Hey, Thursday counts, too! Please share your WIPs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010 01:54:43 PM »

So I was all excited to share my WIP and then what'd I do?  Forget to.  Oops.  But here it is now, a day late!

It's a flouncy little shawlish thing ... not quite a shawl (too narrow) but wider than a scarf.  So ... Sharf?  Yes, it's a sharf. Cheesy  I originally bought the yarn to crochet a sweater with, got started (as in the first few loops) and then realized that my crochet talents are not strong enough to crochet with the thick-and-thin merino/alpaca/mohair fuzziness.  So I switched to what I thought would be a quick pattern.  And perhaps it would be, if I worked on it consistently.  I started it back after Christmas on my train trip ... ah well. It'll get done for this coming winter, I hope.  I also plan on knitting some flowers and putting white seed pearls in the center of them and putting those on the sharf, too, to make up for the thinnish spots where the thin meets thin or where it looks like I did something wrong (but of course I didn't, right?).

Live and learn, right? Smiley

lapoli - I love washcloths too!  They're very relaxing to make, once you get the pattern down, and awesome for gifts. I love your idea of putting it with homemade soap, too!

LimeRiot - Eep.  That is a bummer about the needle, but the colors of the blanket are awesome!  I hope you can work out the gauge problem!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010 01:55:59 PM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lapoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010 02:51:29 PM »

I love it, Kaz!!! Are you basing your sharf (!!!) off a pattern or are you winging it?   I applaud you for even knitting with mohair, as it only ever gives me headaches. 

It sort of looks like a capelet, you know?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010 02:58:03 PM »

It's off a Vogue pattern - #13 Ruffle Edge Wrap by Lisa Daehlin (links to Ravelry).  And had I realized how it is to knit with mohair, I may not have bought it. Wink  I was lured by the softness.

And capelet sounds a lot better than sharf!  Cheesy  A capelet it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010 06:20:04 PM »

That's a beautiful capelet (or sharf) kaz! I've seen a similar pattern before and considered making it several times - it really is lovely. Yours is going to turn out fabulously - you must finish it Smiley!! Good color choice too. You can wear that with anything.

Regarding my needle issue - the only thing I can think of is that the original needles were bamboo and the replacements were plastic??? I wouldn't think it would make that big of a difference though. Oh well - thanks for the encouragement to try again!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010 06:26:13 PM »

LimeRiot, I love how that was turning out - definitely get back to it! Can you maybe do a guage swatch with some smaller needles and see what happens and try to get it to match your original squares? Maybe the needles were some weird international sizing we don't know about. Smiley

Love the capelet, it looks very pretty!

lapoli, this is the shrug I'm making for Spud. Hopefully a quick and mindless knit.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rejoice-shrug-this-for-little-gilrs
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010 06:37:48 PM »

Yeah - you're probably right, AsphaltQueen. I must have got my needle sizes messed up somewhere along the way. Definitely going to knit a gauge before knitting another whole strip!

That shrug pattern is really cute. Definitely let us know how it turns out. I'm always looking for fun and easy baby shower gift ideas Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010 03:14:28 PM »

So this was my WIP last week - a shrug I made for pinkleo for the Be Awesome Swap (did I even post last week that it was a WIP, I'm starting to think I dreamt that I did that and never actually did). Anyways, here are the finished shots.

A photo of the back.

And a photo of the whole thing laid out.

It was a fun, somewhat mindless knit and I love how it turned out. I'm planning to do one for myself, it was so comfy and perfect for when you just want a little extra warmth. It's called the Unshaped Shrug and here's a link to it on ravelry (which has a link to the FREE pattern). I highly recommend the pattern, I'm a slower knitter and I think it only took me about 10-15 hours (plus two hours of starting and ripping back due to my own idiocy).
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/unshaped-shrug
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010 05:37:22 PM by AsphaltQueen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2010 03:16:31 PM »

That's awesome, though I'm sad we didn't get a shot from the front (and so we can see your cute tiny spudlette belly! Wink )

I know pinkleo must have loved the shrug--they're perfect for well air-conditioned rooms, the fall, the winter, snuggling on the couch.. everything!  Very nicely done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
OOOOOHKLAHOMA! Where the wind...
Tute Tuesday: Hand-Bound Book
A Little Birdie Told Me

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...