A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 303,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
720 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A few afghans/blankets  (Read 693 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: June 20, 2010 06:14:20 PM »

Whenever I get bored, you can usually find me crocheting an afghan/blanket or playing WoW.
I've made a few over the past year or so, and I decided that I would share them.

I only really know how to crochet granny squares, so my afghans/blankets are usually either just a big granny square or lots of little ones put together.

This first one, I ran out of the original green I started with, and I had it for a long long time. I couldn't find the exact green to match it, so I just grabbed some from the store. I still like it & it does it's purpose =P

This is one I made for my brother for his birthday. His favorite color is green. I started with three small granny squares in the middle then treated those just like a regular granny square.

I had a grab bag of balls of yarn for this one and the next blanket. I don't look when I grab the yarn out, and whatever happens happens.

I hope you enjoyed these.
I advise everyone to make a grab bag blanket/afghan at some point, I find it so fun. And it's a way to use up balls of yarn that you don't quite know what to do with. I'm working on another one now, and it's coming out to be very random and fun.

My best works.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010 07:49:45 PM »

I have a soft spot in my hard for the grannies, it was the first think I learned to make in crochet. Way to be adventurous with the grab bag crocheting, I'm always really uptight about the colors being just right and that sounds like a way to let loose.

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010 08:05:20 PM »

Great collection. Love #3 and hope one day to learn to read a pattern and do a proper granny square. You do awesomely random work.

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
One Great Truth Book Trailer
Alison Larkin Talks About The English American
Meet Author Aryn Kyle
Happy For No Reason Book Trailer
Alan Katz Reveals His Previous Occupation
Latest Blog Articles
Beware! Black Cats!
Meatless Monday: Pickled Peppers
Spotlight on: Precious Metal Clay

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...