A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,072
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: berocco comfort substitution help  (Read 383 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sharc
« on: July 16, 2010 11:00:58 AM »

I'm absolutely dying to make this afghan:
http://www.berroco.com/comfort_afghans/ca_sunny_day_pv.html
and it's made from Berroco's Comfort Yarn line: http://www.berroco.com/shade_cards/comfort_sh.html

Well, I can't really justify spending that much on yarn, especially with the stash that I can never seem to work down (it just *never* has in there what I *need*, nor can I yet part with any Cheesy) and saw the colors I wanted in KnitPicks, but unfortunately, it calls for one of the multicolored balls (antipasto to be exact). I wanted to make a cotton/lighter-not-heavy-wool-fleece afghan, and just loved the sunny look of this one (I know, I know, it's really nothing that great, but I like it!)

Can anyone suggest anything anyway that I can substitute for this? I don't think I can buy the colors I want, and then walk into the yarn store and try to mix and match with something else right Sad

Help with suggestions please? Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010 11:44:01 AM »

Seems to be a standard, though soft, acrylic worsted yarn. Check out Vanna's choice, Woolease (wool/acrylic blend), Cottonease, or one of the Paton's yarn. Bernat Satin maybe too, they've got lots of colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010 07:34:16 AM »

Can anyone suggest anything anyway that I can substitute for this? I don't think I can buy the colors I want, and then walk into the yarn store and try to mix and match with something else right Sad

I've brought in little snips of yarn into the store to try and match them.  I think you'd be fine doing this if it was just small pieces or small bobbins of yarn rather than the full ball/skein.

Seems to be a standard, though soft, acrylic worsted yarn. Check out Vanna's choice, Woolease (wool/acrylic blend), Cottonease, or one of the Paton's yarn. Bernat Satin maybe too, they've got lots of colors.

To piggyback on this, I recently bought a skein of Red Heart Soft and it is pretty darn soft to the touch.  As to how it holds up, I have no idea, but I know that Caron Simply soft and Vanna's Choice wash up pretty soft and last.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Take Me Out to the Yarku by Aaron Meshon
The Comfort of Lies by Randy Susan Meyers
Conrad Doucette on What a Copywriter Enjoys About His Work
Denise Kiernan on The Girls of Atomic City
Chip Ingram’s Spiritual Simplicity
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...