A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,073
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: hitchhiker's guide marvin the cuddly android - pattern included  (Read 27012 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Danyell
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2005 09:52:46 AM »

Mine turned out taller than everyone else's....I followed the head and arms patterns to the T, but I altered the legs to add two more rows of white because I thought they were too short and I altered body part  because I found it extremely confusing. I worked it from top to bottom and I think you meant bottom to top...I'm not sure. Regardless, I ended up with a thin and tall Marvin...but I like him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teraspawn
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2005 07:59:21 AM »

I thought you people would appreciate this, sorry if it's off-topic:

This is what happens when I have too much time on my hands...

You can do whatever you want with this picture - icons, whatever ^_^

EDIT: - this one is the right size for emoticons on MSN messenger.  Um, I think.  Am I a nerd or what?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005 11:24:33 AM by teraspawn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

spentonrainydays
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2005 08:53:20 AM »

Oh wow that is really cute.  I love the books, but haven't seen the movie.  You make some amazing stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ophelias demise2

Madness in great ones must not unwatched go.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2005 12:17:12 PM »

Dude, that's amazing. I loved that movie so much, although I didn't really like the book... not my type of book I guess.

My boyfriend saw your doll and was like "HOLY CRAP! I want one!" Then I told him that I don't know how to knit so he told me he was going to break up with me for you just so he could get you to knit him one of those dolls! Haha, he's so weird and nerdy sometimes!

Once again, you and your doll rock so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Knit_core
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I put the RAGE in beverage.

Too lazy to be evil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2005 12:45:43 AM »

I went out and rented the movie pretty much right after reading all of this the other day, and I've started on my marvin.  I'm making him in Lionbrand Homespun, so he should be hugenormous, and extra soft!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by."  Douglas Adams

Debbies only get respect in the knitting world.  How unfair is that?

Because Poe wrote on both of them.

Anyone up for a Jasper Fforde swap?
trisarahtop
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2005 07:53:01 PM »

I'm working on it right now. I'm surprised, it's really easy and quick-going. Fun!! I'll probably be done in a day or two. My sister will be so happy - Marvin was supposed to be a present when she was at camp in June, then her birthday present in August...  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just have a few words: nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak.
PrincessJazz
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2005 10:53:17 AM »

I made a Marvin for my friend as a Christmas gift.  (I think it's safe to post here because as far as I know she doesn't visit Craftster.)

I made up my own pattern for the head but it was a mess and now tyhe back of his head is pretty wonky.  Whatever, it's just the back.  I changed the intarsia on the face just a tad, and the arms and legs were knit in the round so I could avoid seaming.  I even picked up stitches from the body to make the arms so I didn't have to sew them on.

He reminds me of a fetus, and my sewing job wasn't that great, but I think my friend will like him.

Jazz
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010 07:57:47 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
luv2stitch

Sometimes it's knit and sometimes it's crochet.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2005 09:39:37 AM »

These Marvins are great! I'm supposed to be working on Christmas gifts but I keep seeing all of these awesome projects on Craftster and I'm getting sidetracked. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to try to knit one up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
omalleysbar
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2005 07:19:46 PM »

This may be a dumb question since so many of you have figured him out but is he knit on straight or circular needles? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trisarahtop
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2005 08:32:39 PM »

For the bits with intarsia, you would have to knit him flat. However, I think I'm going to reknit the arms and legs in the round because I REALLLLLLLLLY am hating the seaming.

To the person who picked up stitches for the limbs, what exactly did you do - how many stitches, how did you stuff them? I want to try that...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just have a few words: nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Boy Using the Word "Boy"
How to Draw Manga
How to Draw a Nude Woman
How to Brian Griffin
How to Draw Chowder
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...