A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,731
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spell My Name Swap Round 4 (Sign-ups June 19-30, Sendouts July 20)FULL!  (Read 14065 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Juicebox29
« Reply #170 on: July 02, 2010 05:59:01 AM »

Awhhh jessica:) lol
Good luck jessy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to do flat rate box{US} supply swaps! PM me if you're interested!
Will do personal swaps!
http://wists.com/JRoy32
gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #171 on: July 02, 2010 07:04:07 AM »

I even volunteer at a special needs home and work a lot with the autistic children doing arts and crafts. I was telling them about Miss Barbara and our swap that we are doing and yesterday, one of them brought me something and said "I think you should give this to her for the letter ___." He is EXTREMEMELY beyond crafty and probably the cutest darn thing ever! They look practically store bought and while I was super impressed, he thought it was no big deal. It makes me smile  Cheesy He asked if he could help me with my swaps from now on. I love it!

That is so cool!  If we are ever paired in a swap, I would love to receive something he made ( or any of your kids). 

Jessy:  My youngest daughter, who is practically a genius ( really), failed her written test twice too.  As did my oldest daughter who is also very smart ( 3.92 GPA when she was in college).  On the other hand, my best friends special needs daughter ( who has an IQ below 60) passed it on the first try!  That crazy test has less than nothing to do with intelligence.

I agree with scaling back on your swaps, but I do think you can find plenty of small ones to keep your therapy going.  There are always OTT ( one tiny thing) swaps going, and I have been in swaps where you make just one medium thing.  I wish I knew how to craft a really powerful magic wand for you in this swap so that you could just wave it over your head and your crazy life would just fall into place. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun
« Reply #172 on: July 02, 2010 07:18:09 AM »

Awhhh jessica:) lol
Good luck jessy!

ditto on the awwwww from me!
how sweet is that?
and
jessy, we'll be cheering for you on the written & road tests....I personally did not get my license until
I was 18 and in college!  Everyone thought I was weird, but I never really had the urge to drive, so
I just kept renewing my learner's permit until FINALLY I felt like it was time!  LOL
*fingers crossed for you*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crystallized_art
« Reply #173 on: July 02, 2010 10:33:51 AM »

I even volunteer at a special needs home and work a lot with the autistic children doing arts and crafts. I was telling them about Miss Barbara and our swap that we are doing and yesterday, one of them brought me something and said "I think you should give this to her for the letter ___." He is EXTREMEMELY beyond crafty and probably the cutest darn thing ever! They look practically store bought and while I was super impressed, he thought it was no big deal. It makes me smile  Cheesy He asked if he could help me with my swaps from now on. I love it!

That's so cool!

Jessy-- Not sure how it works where you're going to school, but when I was in university, I always got jobs on campus...they usually pay more and are VERY accomodating and understanding when it comes to needing time off for exams and such... just a thought.. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BoyceMachine
« Reply #174 on: July 02, 2010 01:02:53 PM »

Yay!  I've completed two bits for my swap...well chuffed.  Might even get another one done on Monday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a garden.  Dig it.

www.wists.com/Boycemachine
JessySihk
« Reply #175 on: July 02, 2010 03:17:24 PM »

Aww thanks guys =]

Im going to be 21 before i get my license though =S so im even more wierd!
The test is ridiculous seriously! And all the drivers in Washington suck too, so i wonder how everyone else got their license so darn easy.

Im going to a trade school, Le Cordon Bleu for culinary arts, and they dont offer jobs i dont think, if they do im sure they are highly sought after lol.

Thanks for crossing your fingers! I will need it.
I wish you have the wand too Gamemom =S I wish i would just win a largeish sum of money randomly to help me more easily get through everything. I believe if it was all magickally given to me and fell into place then i didnt earn it and it would probably ruin my character for not having gotten the chance to experience doing those things for myself. Like to randomly win $5,000 somehow would totally make my day, its not much, but it would be enough to pay off the small student loan i have to take out, and i would have a bit left over to help pay the fees to take my driving test and get the license etc...
It is so ridiculous that you have to pay $20 every single time you have to take the written =S I have better things to do with that money, like feed myself! geez...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The craft swapping community! =] Check it out!
http://whoopdwhoop.com/

You can get my jawbone necklaces in my shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CavePunker
http://www.wists.com/JessySihk
Megzy818

Happily married to my best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2010 09:09:20 PM »

Dont worry about feeling weird about not getting your license til after 21 I was 23 and married before I got mine!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1414000172&ref=profile
Hippos are my favorite Smiley
thenorm02
Crafty Mamma <3

didnt know my whole world would fit in to 8lbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: July 02, 2010 09:20:32 PM »

Ive started crafting and Im so excited!! whoot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: July 03, 2010 07:08:00 AM »

I have away from computor due to life issues, nothing bad just not enough of me to go around, Last two days have been from 5 am to midnight with no crafting.  Today is all mine and I hope to make much progress on this swap. 

I love the fact udhillb that your special kiddos are helping.  I too work with special needs kiddos on occaision and it can make your worst day the brightest. 

Jessy, wish I could be there to help you! 

Off to gather up my supplies and get my butt in gear! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 03, 2010 07:24:01 AM »

Tongue  Ahhh, quaggy, there is plenty of me to go around, I truly wish I could send some of me there to help you out!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Designing a chair, 3D sketch
Photoshop Tutorials: Retouching with Color Adaptation
Holographic Studios in New York City
One of the Slickest New Features in Adobe Camera Raw CC
Enhancing Waterfall Photos in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...