A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
596 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pet Swap: Rodent Revolution 2 Gallery  (Read 5192 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gerbilgal

I love knitting and my gerbils.

View Profile WWW
« on: June 18, 2010 05:41:27 PM »

Purple - Sent
Blue - Received
Green - Sent and Received
Red - Late/No Communication Contact Me ASAP
Sending late with Communication
Feedback
GLOWING RED = Negative Feedback

gerbilgal -- Wildfyre
GrindHouseHussy19 -- Minusxl3lindfold
kaz814 -- QuietChampion
leashhh -- crazyda79
PuppyHero -- TwiztidBlood -- Angel Found for PuppyHero

Swap will be finished once PuppyHero receives her Angel Package.

Post pictures when you get your package.

Original Thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=347479.0

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010 03:41:21 PM by gerbilgal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gerbilgal1/
Squeaky Knitting: http://www.etsy.com/shop/gerbilgal

Current Swaps:
I Heart Tea 2: Signups
GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010 09:34:51 PM »

I'm not participating, but I can't wait to see what everyone gets! I'm hoping to get rats this summer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
QuietChampion
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010 10:49:05 AM »

Shall we start this off with a teaser?

Bet'cha you can't guess what it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Minusxl3lindfold

R.I.P. Peter Steele. <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010 10:04:52 PM »

lol nice teaser! I can't wait to find out what that is.. looks like some kind of beading or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: www.wists.com/minusxl3lindfold
Facebook: (always looking for crafty friends!) http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000584671613

Current Swaps:
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010 07:25:49 AM »

Oooh that looks so cool - I can't tell what it is, but my mind is racing with guesses!  Heeeee. 

Hopefully the postal service fairies will be kind to us both this week and deliver our packages!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010 10:28:07 AM »

I've received!!!  And oh my, QuietChampion is an AWESOME partner!  Her sewing machine broke AND she was in the middle of a move, but she pulled off an awesome package!  And it's her first swap to boot!

Here is my plethora of pictures ...

She woodburned two boxes for me - one for the bunnies' treats and one for Chloe's medicines to make it all pretty and neat!

Here's the small box - I adore the Beatrix Potter picture.  The bunny is hiding just like Chloe tries to do when she's given the medicine that doesn't taste as good as the other one!  Hee!

And filled with bunny medicine:

And this is the big one that she free-handed, OMG!  It's gorgeous and it must have taken her forever!  It's now holding their treats.

The top: (sorry it's sideways!)

And the front:

And here's Gus pretending not to be interested - you can see the awesome appliqued blanket for him, too!  Isn't the little bunny so cute?  And it's in a manly color too, which Gus appreciates (even if he's pretending not to be interested).

And then he decides that maybe he'll check it out ... (please ignore the hay that gets everywhere!)

I'll try to get a picture of him later when he "rearranges" the blanket (he doesn't like coming out of his cage during the day - go figure - and Chloe used to not mind, but I think she's getting worse. Sad  Her cataract is making it really hard for her to see anything just now and she doesn't often venture too far from her cage.)

And for me - omg - an adorable little bag and some loose lavender tea!  It's from her hometown, which is a historical village and the place has been serving tea since the late 1800s.  Seeing as how I adore history and tea, this is perfect for me!  And oh my, does it smell divine!!!  And, apparently, if I add lemon to the lavender tea it will turn pink.  I'll have to try this out!

There was also supposed to be a little bag of goldfish, in honor of my goldfish, but *grins* it apparently got eaten before it got into the box.  hee hee.  My goldfish really appreciates the thought, though! Cheesy

Thank you so very much, Champ!  You are an awesome partner and I hope you and your ratties will love the package that I sent as much as I adore everything you sent!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

QuietChampion
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010 11:39:18 AM »

I'm pretty sure the package Kaz sent me arrived a while ago, well before mine showed up at her door. I know there's SOME sort of a package waiting for me at the post office, anyway, but the roads have been too sloshy for me to pick it up. Sorrow.
The ol' S.O. has a truck, though, so he'll be coming to the rescue as soon as he gets here. Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow.

ANYWAY! Thank goodness it arrived, and thank goodness you like it! More importantly, I'm glad Chloe's box is big enough.
Now you can see what the teaser photo was of, eh? Each one of those lines is composed of hundreds of burned dots! (OH, what an adventure THAT was!) The big box was freehanded, yes, but I want to be entirely clear and mention that the top is influenced by another piece of Beatrix Potter art. Credit where credit is due.

I'm so glad you and your bunnies are making good use of the stuff. It was an absolute blast crafting your package, Kaz.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gerbilgal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010 08:13:04 AM »

I like the boxes. So cute. Now you have a place for your bunny medicine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
QuietChampion
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010 10:27:53 AM »

That package was indeed from Kaz!

Get out your Wists, folks, 'cause this package was absolutely amazing. I got spoiled rotten.
(Photos are a little dark because I live in a 200 year old home and most of it doesn't have electricity... and it's pouring rain.)

Are you ready? Here's the group shot:

OK. So. On the far left, Kaz made me two snuggle bags. The darker material is this lovely chocolate plush courdoroy, and the interior is a beautiful patterned fleece. The fabric choices were really spot-on! The whole nature scene is really my act.
In the center, you'll see two sturdy hammocks, made with that gorgeous fleece material again. These were very well recieved by my boys.
On the far right, starting from the top and working down, you'll see Kaz put together an amazing papercraft owl, a decorated treat tub full of dried banana chips, and a packet of really nice bristol paper.

OK, let's get into the detail shots, shall we?

My rats are not very good at holding still. Once they got into those banana chips, they started scurrying around and investigating the package like mad! Here, you'll see my shy boy, Rufus. He was a little sleepy, so I managed to snap a couple shots of the wiggly bugger that are blurry, but still visible. You can just see his curly whiskers, here.
This is the small snuggle bag. Three of my rats can stuff themselves into it, but my little boys Rufus and Danger seem to have laid claim to it together. All four rats can squeeze themselves into the larger snuggle bag, which is an absolute gas to watch.
This picture does not do the courdoroy justice. It's super rich and super soft, in person. A total luxury.

Again, Rufus is the only one who will stay still long enough for a photograph. The hammocks are just the right size for two rats to lie abreast, which is just the way they like it. Snuggly and warm.

Papercraft-decorated treat tub! So cute. These banana chips are almost too good to share with my rats. I confess, I crunched a couple myself. The rats LOVE them! The second I popped open the tub, the boys lined up in a fireman's chain, passing banana back into their little stash corner. So cute.

Super detail so ya'll can see the banana chips, AND the stickers on the tub. Each of my rats have had their name plastered on there.

I've zoomed in super close on this amazing papercraft so ya'll can see how much work Kaz put into it. Check out all those little tiny strips of paper! Kaz based the design off of a picture in my Wist. I LOVE it, and it matches the decor of my room! We're hanging it up this evening.

Last but not least, Kaz sent me this fabulous bristol paper so I can try some papercrafting of my own!

What an amazing swap package that was! Kaz, you're amazing. My boys and I can't possibly thank you enough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010 12:14:22 PM »

I'm so glad you and your boys like everything, Champ! Cheesy  You were a lot of fun to craft for and I stretched my crafting muscles on the owl and I think he came out pretty cute. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Minusxl3lindfold

R.I.P. Peter Steele. <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010 10:02:34 PM »

The woodburning is WONDERFUL and those are cute hammocks/snuggle bags. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook: (always looking for crafty friends!) http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000584671613

Current Swaps:
Minusxl3lindfold

R.I.P. Peter Steele. <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010 10:21:20 PM »

Here's just a little teaser for grindhousehussy19. Wink

« Last Edit: July 06, 2010 10:38:04 PM by Minusxl3lindfold » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
gerbilgal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010 03:56:05 PM »

I received this wonderful package from Wildfyre. My gerbils are going to be so spoiled. I lost my my hammie on the 2nd. Lost of pictures coming.

I got this wonderful necklace and earring set. I will be definitely be wearing them. The tails move.  I love this little fabric pouch. It has little mice. That will be going into my purse. I think it holds credit cards.  The Snak Shack is a wonderful chew toy for the gerbils. I love the hammock and the tube.  The hammock will make a great cuddle pouch also. You did such a wonderful job on them!  Also the gerbils got some Yogie treats also. That is funny we must have been on the wavelength. I think I sent you some too.  Grin

I wish my hammie Fred was alive. He would have a ball running in and out of the tube. My next hammie will be getting this tube to play with. In the meantime, the gerbils have a new play toy.

Thank you again!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010 04:00:51 PM »

Wow, what a great package!   Lucky gerbils!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GrindHouseHussy19
Guess Im at the right spot!! lol Here to craft an' chat!! woohoo!!!

Member of CAA- Crafting Addicts Anonymous

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010 05:15:47 PM »

i just found the gallery....oooooooohh noooooooo a teaser!!! maybe i should have looked!!! lol BUT i'm glad i did, i got to see what has been received so far!!! everything is looking amazing!!! ahhhh such lucky lil' critters we all have!!  Tongue Cheesy

-GH
THIS ROCKS   Logged

QuietChampion
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010 07:16:26 PM »

Ooooh, marvelous package!
Those snuggle bags look great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazyda79

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010 02:03:51 AM »

I received my goodies yesterday from leashhh.  Oh it is all lovely.  I wish my babies were still alive to see it all but one day my new ones will love this stuff.

Everything together (crinkle toy, snuggle tube, reversible hammock, sleeping bag and pillow, store bought hiding tube and treats):

crinkle toy

snuggle tube

sleeping bag and pillow

Thanks I love everything!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
gerbilgal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010 05:38:10 AM »

Love the package especially the sleeping bag and snuggle tube.  I like the chube. My gerbils enjoy chewing those up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
GrindHouseHussy19

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010 10:05:21 PM »

I have received from Minusxl3lindfold!!!!!!
***squeals***

OMG!!! what a package!!! my fuzz-buckets were spoiled and the kitties will enjoy too! LOL
Onto the loot!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy (image heavy)

First up EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a hammock....beautiful colours!! love the purple and stars...

a close up...

noisy toys for both fuzz-buckets and kitties...

awesome zebra bowl...

fun on a string (again for both...lol)...

a leopard fleece tube.... soooooo soft and quite long too!!! lol....

close-up Smiley...

yummy treats and a tug rope (and it's purple Cheesy)...

a Squidward face cloth.... yes I love SpongeBob!!! lol....

Now I'm thinking this is a cup warmer/holder???  Embarrassed I feel silly not knowing... Sry Minusxl3lindfold.....
but I love the colours and the cute lil' purple heart!!!!

and last but not least... 2 pairs of beautiful earrings!! I'm sooooooooo in love with the cupcakes!!!!!!!!!!!

Minusxl3lindfold you out did yourself my dear!!! TY TY TY TY!!!! Everything is awesome!!!
I love everything!!!!

-GH Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Minusxl3lindfold

R.I.P. Peter Steele. <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010 11:28:45 PM »

YAY!! I'm glad you like everything. Cheesy

Yup, that's a cup wrap thing LOL. I saw you had some on your wist so I tried to make one. Never made one before.. The hammock, tube, facinator ribbon toy, and pb oatmeal treats were a first for me too.

Is the hammock a good size or too big?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010 11:30:03 PM by Minusxl3lindfold » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
GrindHouseHussy19

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010 11:54:27 PM »

yuppers it's a good size...within the next couple of days i might get some action shots LOL!!! you did an awesome on it all and YES i love it all thx again my dear!!

-GH Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PurplePaisley
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010 04:27:47 PM »

I love the ferrett hammocks, I have 3 and they love theirs
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leashhh
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010 09:19:41 AM »

I recieved from crazyda79! everything was amazing!

the whole lot.

A tunnel

an awesome buliten board that came with cute pushpins that look like candy. =D

an adorable sign

A toy that my niece grabbed and started to play with the cats.

and another picture for fun

Thank you so much! my buddies and I love everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gerbilgal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010 10:45:05 AM »

I will be updating everyone's feedback. Just two more people need to receive and post pictures. If you have not post pictures yet, please do or ask you partner to post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
crazyda79

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010 02:49:03 PM »

OMG leashhh your ferrets are adorable!  They look like they are having fun exploring!  What a fun swap!  Enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
gerbilgal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010 06:30:22 PM »

Wildfyre said I can post pictures of what I sent her. I am sure more pictures will come.

All kinds food goodies were sent. A knitted necklace. I hope it fits. A knitted rat. A cuddle pouch that a co-worker made for me. I also hand knitted a hammock for the kids. I hope they liked it. It was my first time making it. I glad it turned out pretty good.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010 06:33:25 PM by gerbilgal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
PuppyHero
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010 08:27:09 PM »

So I am posting the items I made and sent.  Not the best pictures since I was rushing to get them out the door and sent.  I almost forgot to even take pics! 
So anyway, my partner wanted earthy tones, and I made items for Degus and a possible hamster.
So onward to items.

This is a super soft cuddle blanket for a cage bottom.  Made with the softest terry cloth I could find!

Okay, not really sure what to call this one, ummm a knitted cuddle cup?  again made in mind for either critters to use and cuddle up in.  My first attempt at felting too.

knitted and felted play tube/sleep tube.

Degu's are supposed to like wood, so I made this hanging toy they could chew on, or climb on, or what ever makes their little hearts happy. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010 08:37:54 PM »

That's a great package, PuppyHero!  I love the felting (the second one looks like a little log - I love it!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010 11:33:43 PM »

The felted hiding tube is so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
Minusxl3lindfold

R.I.P. Peter Steele. <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010 05:02:09 PM »

Wooohoooo! I got my package from grindhousehussy19 today and here's all the goodies!! Cheesy

First a leopard print hammock and a red/black hammock.. yay!

Action shot.. Petey on the hammock and Bacchus in his igloo like always.  Roll Eyes

A little sleeping bag and blanket..

Petey after trying to fit his big butt in there, just a little small but he likes it.  Smiley

Very cute bowls for both of them, just what I needed!

A treat jar with a stuffed rattie on top and the glass is etched with paw prints!

A bag of peanuts which I put some of them in their treat jar. I gave them each one and they loooved it.

Personalized little towels for each of them so they have their own to dry off with after they get all clean! Smiley Also up top a caterpillar thriller toy for my kitty!

A black bandana for my doggy, how cute! Can't wait to put it on him and go for a walk! It's like 95 degree's today though and he's sleeping in the air conditioned bedroom.

Here's some stuff for me now!

Cd coasters with my pets on them! Awesome!

Earring holder, I LOVE this! It's a picture frame that sits on a plate holder. I love the purple color and my name in scrabble tiles.

2 pairs of earrings and button hair clips! adorable.

A little cd holder that folds up!

and some fuzzy red striped slipper socks! sweet!

Thanks so much GH, my ratties and I love everything!! This was a wonderful swap. <3

-Kate

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010 05:03:54 PM by Minusxl3lindfold » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
PuppyHero
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010 10:31:59 AM »

So my swap angel Eliea came through and I got my package today and it is... *pause*.... AWESOME!
YAY!  SQUEE!
Ok pics. lots and lots of pics. 

I got this nifty neat yard holder to protect my yarn (I am a knitter) from evil little ferrits (pronounced at my house as fur-its, yes I know its spelled ferret)

But will also help protect my yarn from naughty little rescue dogs too

and a peice work ferrit tube!  My ferts love tubes.  and its washable, which is good since I give it 4 hours before Fret drags it into a potty box!

and two cuddle hammocks, one fuzzy lined and one not.  I put the non fuzzy one in the cage already, and the Pinky is sleeping in it already!

Awesome freezer paper t-shirt

Eliea thinks the freezer paper bled, I think it looks stylized.  What ferrit has crisp lines anyway? Love it.

Close up of the stencil

Ferrit stitch markers! Cant wait to use them!

Ferrit book thong.  So cute and perfect because I am OCD about books and bookmarks.  no creased bindngs, pages, bumps etc.  yeah I am odd.

Action shots!
Mea Snug in the cuddle hammock

Pinky and Mea Snug checking out the tube!

And the book thong already in use.

Can you tell I am excited?
No these pics were not taken using the canon rebel, I am still learning that.  I used my Kodak easy share which I had to smack at least 4 times to get these pictures done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PuppyHero
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010 10:39:05 AM »

Oh i forgot one photo!

two little extra charms.  I may make a key chain from them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gerbilgal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2010 01:57:33 PM »

What am awesome package!! I love it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2010 02:35:44 PM »

YEAH! I'm glad you got everything ok! And that you and the furr kids love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazyda79

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2010 03:09:54 PM »

OMG I love it all!  What a great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2010 08:45:50 PM »

What a great package!  I love that shirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Caitydid
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2010 09:55:40 PM »

Can there be another swap like this? pretty please?! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gerbilgal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2010 08:06:09 AM »

We are about due for another one. I will see about organizing one next month.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
gerbilgal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2011 10:44:52 AM »

I am planning round 3 for the end of April if still interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
gerbilgal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2011 11:40:39 AM »

Round 3 is up!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=379114.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
gerbilgal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2012 09:06:50 AM »

Talking about Round 4 here:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=404440.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
gerbilgal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2012 07:33:25 AM »

Signups Open for Rodent Revolution 4!!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=409199.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
gerbilgal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2013 05:32:44 PM »

Open for signups!
Rodent Revolution 5

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425823.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Potato Pancakes
Red Bean Succotash Recipe
How to Make Dinner with Only 5 Ingredients
How to Make Crab Fritters
Guinness Beef Stew with Nathan Lippy
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...