A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
787 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fictional Beer Logo Coasters (now with patterns!)  (Read 2539 times)
Tags for this thread: futurama , simpsons , tv_show  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OmegaChicken
« on: June 17, 2010 10:12:48 PM »

So I designed up these logos of beers from various TV shows.  The Simpsons' Duff Beer, Family Guy's Pawtucket Patriot Ale, Futurama's Benderbrau, King of the Hill's Alamo Beer, and Mission Hill's Maestro Malt Liquor.  They're 16 square inches on 14 count aida, each image is 35 x 35 stitches.  I chose to use some half-stitches to give the pieces a little more depth and to just get it done a little quicker.  I'm pleased with the color choices and the designs are pretty much spot-on, except for the Benderbrau logo.  Enjoy!

Peter Griffin's favorite beer.  Don't much care for the show, but I felt that I had to include this.  This is my first design, but I have since changed it to make the letters on the bottom more blocky and less pointy, and thus easier to stitch.  The eyes are my favorite.

Alamo Beer.  The only picture I could find of this was a tiny little image that only has a portion of the can visible.  The colors were easy to pin down, but the lettering is just a tad off.

Mission Hill is one of the greatest animated sitcoms ever, and if you've never seen it, WATCH IT!  Andy French's booze of choice, Maestro is ubiquitous in Cosmopolis.  This is my original design, but I've since changed it by elongating the "M" and shifting it one stitch to the left, as well as pulling the little mustache-like flourish up a stitch or two.

By far the easiest design, Duff Beer just flew by easily.  There's so many variations of Duff, I could probably do a series with all their different styles: Duff Dry, Duff Light, Duff Extra Cold, Tartar-Control Duff, Lady Duff, Duff Stout (the beer that made Ireland famous), Henry K. Duff's Private Reserve, the list goes on.  Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff!

Finally, Benderbrau, which was a bitch both to design and stitch.  The logo itself is very circular, and it was too hard to curve the wording around the edge of the logo, so I took it out of the circle and placed it on the top and bottom.  The backstitches at the bottom don't show up very well, and the word Benderbrau is too long to fit it comfortably.  Besides his mangled hand, I'm very pleased with how Bender turned out.

I'll try to get patterns up sometime soon, but don't hold your breath.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010 02:43:51 PM by OmegaChicken » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Etsy shop: stitchmond.etsy.com, full of nerd-crafted goods inspired by video games, books and movies and fueled with booze.
OmegaChicken
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010 10:15:18 PM »

Oh, and I still haven't actually mounted them into coasters yet, but that'll come and I'll put a few snapshots of those up, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Etsy shop: stitchmond.etsy.com, full of nerd-crafted goods inspired by video games, books and movies and fueled with booze.
Kyrakat
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010 10:35:05 PM »

Buahaha, nice! Not only are they crafted beautifully, they gave me quite a chuckle  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog - http://whereartart.blogspot.com/
Personal Swaps = open
shelayla82
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010 11:01:55 PM »

Great idea and great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tracey_K
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010 02:41:33 AM »

I really love your theme, I've been trying to come up with an idea similar to this, 'stitching across shows', so to speak. I love the Family Guy one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mafiosagrrl

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010 09:12:19 AM »

Awesome!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary". --Mary  Kurtz,  "The Needlework Times" April, 1978.

http://mafiosagrrl.blogspot.com/
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010 10:04:25 AM »

Those are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tlh878
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010 06:12:05 PM »

Oh my goodness!  These are AMAZING!!

I totally think these rock.  I have just recently gotten back into cross stitching after about 10 years away.  these would be great projects.  I hope you are willing to post some patterns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010 09:38:46 PM »

That's such a neat idea!  I love them all.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Tadiera
Heroic-Leigh

Superhero With No Powers or Motivation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010 10:29:41 PM »

I really hope you can share the patterns. Smiley I wanna make a set of Duff coasters so bad (we collect, passively, Simpsons stuff)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Site: http://www.heroic-leigh.com
Wist: http://wists.com/tadiera
Pintrest: http://www.pintrest.com/tadiera
Note for partners: I have gauged ears, so classic earrings don't really work for me. Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Need to Know: The Return of Penny Loafers, Cheap Eats, and Closed Circuit
8 Mistakes You Should Avoid When Applying Makeup
How To Prep Oily Skin For Makeup
KateBosworthSKII.Mov
Tips For Colored Hair, Lashes and Natural Lips
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...