A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,571
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lots of lates  (Read 1417 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Angelicus
« on: June 17, 2010 12:45:46 PM »

Hi,
I have been swapping on here for about a year but, embarrassingly (sp?) enough, I sent late for the majority of my swaps and obviously that has been recorded in my feedback. I have been taking a bit of a break from swapping, due to exams, and am now free for the summer and have plenty of time to spend on crafting. I would like to get doing some swaps but was recently rejected from a swap (completely understandably) because of the late feedback. It has got me thinking and reminded me that yes, it does look very dodgy when you have sent late for the majority of your swaps - however, I'm not quite sure what I can do about it. All my feedback is positive because I did send, so its not something I need to/can angel to fix. Should I just flag up on questionnaires that I acknowledge that I've had a problem with time limits and I'm trying to change that and try and get some early feedback?
Just looking for a bit of advice on the issue, thanks in advance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesandstuff.wordpress.com

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010 05:38:43 AM »

I think it would be good for you to send a pm to an organizer and acknowledge your late sends. Let them know you realize this has marred your record, but that from now on, you will be making sending on time a priority. Tell them you plan to be the perfect participant because you'd like them to give you good comments so you can show future organizers you have changed. Then, I would sign up for only one swap at a time, and really concentrate on completing that swap in an excellent way. Communicate fully, follow the swap guidelines, and even try to send a little before the deadline. After you successfully complete that swap with good comments, do another. Let that next organizer know that you have had some late sends, but ask them to take your last swap record into account. Then, complete that swap by sending on time, or a little early, if possible. Soon all your sending late comments will be overshadowed by good comments, and when an organizer looks at your record, they will see that your late sending days are in the past. Good luck!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010 07:16:38 PM »

I've NEVER heard of being denied because of sending late..at least you sent,right??!! weird!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010 05:05:19 AM »

In many of the swaps I organize, especially large swaps with multiple partners or multiple sends, I specify that I may refuse entry to anyone who has a history of late sends and/or poor communication. In a swap like that, I just don't have time to deal with someone who may cause me a lot of headaches as an organizer.

That being said, if someone approached me acknowledging their history of late sends with a promise to change, I would be more inclined to give them a chance, than the person who just filled out the form and sent it in with no explanation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
dreadlocklove
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012 04:05:25 PM »

I've encountered this situation.  Someone requested to join a swap and I was excited until I noticed the feedback.  The person has participated in over 50 swaps, and other than the half-dozen or so that were blank, at least half of the swaps had "weak communication" and "x days late."  The person redeemed negative feedback on two occasions and feedback showed a near-flake on another.

I considered but then ultimately felt apprehensive about letting the person join.  For me as well as for the partner.  I've been experiencing the unpleasant side of organizing lately and it's not fun.

I got the "I sometimes get sick or school gets in the way, not everyone will understand that" explanation.  But really, I don't feel that's such a valid reason.  Sometimes it does happen, yes, but every second swap is a bit much for my liking.  To top it off, the swapper was trying to sign up for my swap while two others were already in progress...  

I know what it's like to be a mom and a wife, a student, and someone trying to get a business started, among other things.  I don't have 50 swaps under my belt and that could be because I have enough time management skills and know not to sign up for more than one swap at a time.  And that contributes to why I've never sent late.  Also, it takes little time to update with progress in the forum and with a partner.  As much as Craftster swaps may have little importance compared to real-life commitments, it's a commitment that was voluntarily made nonetheless.  If swappers build a track record for themselves that essentially gives me the impression they care so little, I will not feel inclined to approve them.

It's difficult to interpret tone over the internet but I felt as though the person was giving me attitude and excuses rather than owning up and understanding why iffiness can arise in the organizer's mind.

I never thought I'd feel the need to decline any questionnaire submissions but I had absolutely no regret with that one.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
U.S. Military Experiment Goes Tragically Wrong
Visit the Hampton Court With Elizabeth Fremantle
A Family’s Journey With Autism
Malla Nunn on Present Darkness
Elizabeth Fremantle Introduces Us to Katherine Parr
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...