A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: small batch winemaking  (Read 4034 times)
Tags for this thread: wine , cooking  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alorralora
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010 04:44:34 PM »

I think I'll have to Wist this!   *wink* *nudge*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST it up babee...WIST and shout!!
http://www.wists.com/alorralora
kazyeeqen
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010 05:25:30 PM »

Sad that it's illegal to mail alcohol.  Cry

At least via USPS, isn't there some way to send booze around the world though?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alorralora
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010 05:37:01 PM »

you'd have to either use Fedex or UPS
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST it up babee...WIST and shout!!
http://www.wists.com/alorralora
helenm66
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010 12:34:07 AM »

Pumpkin Wine, LOL, perfect. Wish I was brave enough to be original. I once made banana wine, which was delicious, but now I only make kits . . .

H
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angel8
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010 05:28:06 AM »

My brother & I home brew beer. It's not all that expensive. In fact, where I live, it's cheaper to brew beer then it is wine. We LOVE doing it!! It's alot of fun! People get a kick out of the fact that you know how to brew. We've been told that we make a great beer by a local brew master.

You have most of the stuff you'll need to brew beer. All that's left is a 5 gallon carboy. You could be drinking the beer inside 3-4 weeks depending on your formula and type. Believe it of not, 5 gallons isn't as much as you think. You only get about fiftythree 12 oz bottles per batch. We recycle bottles. So, that helps to keep cost down too.

By the way, if you can rmake cookies, you can make beer. It's just that easy!! It's alot simpler then you think. I'll tell you what.....I would be willing to trade some of our home brew for your pumpkin wine! Wink That just sounds sooooooo good!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010 06:20:09 AM »

Between home brewing and having old boyfriends who were beer snobs, I won't drink domestic beer at all now. I'm spoiled.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SayruhK
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010 08:56:50 AM »

That is so cool! I've always wanted to try wine making. I'm sure it will turn our delicious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kazyeeqen
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010 09:39:03 AM »

Pumpkin Wine, LOL, perfect. Wish I was brave enough to be original. I once made banana wine, which was delicious, but now I only make kits . . .

H

Banana wine is definitely one I'm interested in trying, maybe after tryiing them all I'll decide kits are the way to go!  Wink I'm actually not all that fond of wine, the kind I get from the store at least. I'm putting it down to my lack of sophistication, and I'm hoping I like my own wine a lot more.

you'd have to either use Fedex or UPS

Well that's easy enough, if I ever get the urge to mail alcohol. Smiley

My brother & I home brew beer. It's not all that expensive. In fact, where I live, it's cheaper to brew beer then it is wine. We LOVE doing it!! It's alot of fun! People get a kick out of the fact that you know how to brew. We've been told that we make a great beer by a local brew master.

You have most of the stuff you'll need to brew beer. All that's left is a 5 gallon carboy. You could be drinking the beer inside 3-4 weeks depending on your formula and type. Believe it of not, 5 gallons isn't as much as you think. You only get about fiftythree 12 oz bottles per batch. We recycle bottles. So, that helps to keep cost down too.

By the way, if you can rmake cookies, you can make beer. It's just that easy!! It's alot simpler then you think. I'll tell you what.....I would be willing to trade some of our home brew for your pumpkin wine! Wink That just sounds sooooooo good!!

I'm definitely going to be making beer. It's been on my to-do list for ages, but there's just always something more pressing... Smiley I will probably just start with a gallon, since my husband and I drink very infrequently it makes sense for us (plus our house is quite small, it's always best to make projects small).

I've heard recommendations to start with malt extract instead of malted barley for ease, but I am partial to the most basic ingredients when possible, do you have any advice on that? (if you tell me malted barley is easy to use I will be most reassured) Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010 04:05:31 PM »

I've worked with both. The only problem with the malted barley can be the smell when you boil it. It can get overwhelming quickly. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kazyeeqen
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010 08:40:08 PM »

I've worked with both. The only problem with the malted barley can be the smell when you boil it. It can get overwhelming quickly. lol

I'll just have to make it in the summer and open all the windows. Smiley

I've malted barley before in an attempt to make bouza (might even have been a successful attempt, I just don't know what bouza is supposed to taste like, if really goshdarn weird is what I was going for I succeeded!) and as I was roasting it the house smelled like cookies, it was amazing. I doubt that would be the problem with it becoming overwhelming though, or it wouldn't be a problem... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 16/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 18/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 17/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 13/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 14/19
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...