A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,142
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Granny-A-Day JULY! 07/01 - 07/31/2010  (Read 13470 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2010 07:25:16 PM »

That is a great idea! Unfortunately, I am really boring so unless I can granny laundry and dinner in there I will not be able to do that great idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

morus
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2010 04:40:22 AM »

I think you could do dinner and laundry as granny squares.  <G>  Salad colors would be pretty or peas and carrots.
Laundry has darks, lights, brights...  Go for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SherNWT
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2010 09:45:45 AM »

I wa going to Join in for June but didn't get much accomplished Going to try to do better in July
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrochetAngel
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2010 04:54:08 PM »

I actually didn't start off with the idea of doing a journal thru my granny squares, but now that I've been kinda doing that, I think I'm going to keep going with it. Smiley There will definitely be some boring days, like dinner (I think peas and carrots is a grand idea!!), but hopefully I'll have some more fun days.

Today, in honor of all the heat, I went with Red Heart Kids' red/pink/orange/yellow mix and did a Granny in the Middle Square. I'm concerned that my gauge was off between the SC and the DC, so it is curling a bit on the edges. It is also a bit smaller than the regular Granny Squares I have been doing, so I will have to make a few more of these so that my afghan isn't lopsided when sewn together!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Danielle
Follow me on:
Twitter @ bruinsZ33 - http://www.twitter.com/bruinsZ33
Tumblr @ bruinsZ33 - http://bruinsZ33.tumblr.com
funkygranolatree
Nature Loving Crafter

my little piglet!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2010 05:34:40 PM »

CROCHET FAIL!!!  Or I guess it is more granny-a-day fail.  For the third day in a row, even this late at night it is still above 90 degrees inside my apartment.. yes I said inside the apartment.  I cant even bare the idea of touch yarn let alone work with it.  I am spending 99% of my time just trying to keep my little guy from melting.
So I am here for my clap on the wrists... I am not going to be able to keep up with this..   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2010 07:22:37 PM »

funkygranolatree- no crochet fail allowed! It's supposed to be fun! So, don't stress about keeping up.

I haven't made any for this month, yet (well, I made some for the 200 Crochet Blocks CAL, but it seems like double-dipping if I count them for here, too). This heat has sapped my energy- I went for a drive today because the car has AC, while the house doesn't, and the temp hit 99 degrees. The only reason I'm not in bed right now is because I waited until now to put some laundry in the dryer. I was hoping it would be a bit cooler by 10 pm... not by much...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2010 05:35:52 AM »

Great squares and hexies, lovin' the colors.  As for those in the heat wave...don't you worry 'bout keeping to 'the schedule'  have some fun...keep posting..esp. baby shots[hint,hint] Cheesy  I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere but deeper in the granny hooopla...and lovin' it, not progress, but having fun!  Here's my new'finish up these scraps' project that has me making even more granny-type motifs:

I have some shades of brown to add in there next.

Alexus are you making a baby blankie??  Project Linus would be happy to have your donated blankie, or Warm up America.  Our knit guild will be getting some project Linus info so I can donate some of my projects their way in the near future.  Does anyone else donate to like charities?? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2010 08:12:23 AM »

Project Linus? That's the cutest name ever! I'm in Canada, though, and shipping out of country is even more expensive than our ridiculous domestic shipping Sad For example, a plain letter costs 64 cents domestically right now, but it's $2.27 to send the same letter to the States! LOL, I used the Canada Post site to figure that one out, cuz I knew it was bad, but now I know it's a 350% increase Tongue

Thanks so much for the idea, though. I'll have to keep an eye out for a local charity that takes blankets for children.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommycrochets
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2010 08:31:38 AM »

If you want to donate ask around at the Churches or foodbanks sometimes they know someone that can use stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NotKnit

My best works.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2010 08:51:34 AM »

These are the squares I've made so far from scrap skeins. I only had enough for a scarf or something of similar size so I guess I'll have to buy more to make an actual project. The colors go really well with my MIL's house (although they also match my new kitchen valance, but who needs an afghan for the kitchen?). I'll have to work on swap projects until I pick up matching yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Milly for Banana Republic Hits Stores Today
How to Make Cool Cuffed Denim Shorts in Under 4 Minutes
How to Mix & Match Your Wardrobe
DIY Fashion Inspired by the Kitchen
Is a Bra the Secret to Looking Slimmer?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...