A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,523
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Granny-A-Day JULY! 07/01 - 07/31/2010  (Read 12645 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SherNWT
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2010 10:30:56 AM »

I am falling behind.   Shocked Shocked  I will have to double up this week to catch up
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2010 12:01:15 PM »

I've got some time to kill on Thursday afternoon between events and it isn't worth driving all the way home, so I may pack some yarn and some granny squares that need a round added  and try to get myself back on track! It'll keep me from shopping, I hope Tongue

And CrochetAngel- Worcester Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
CrochetAngel
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2010 05:46:10 PM »

Been in class this week... So I'm still crocheting, but haven't been posting everyday. Here are my latest squares!!

Monday - yellow/white - the class I'm taking has a sunshine logo, so I tried to recreate that in a granny square!

Tuesday - pastels - this was a lazy square. I got home late from class, went to an appointment, had to make dinner when I got home, then had to go to the gym. By the time I got home, I didn't want to crochet! So I just found a variegated yarn and ran with it. Smiley

Wednesday - purple/green - This one is in honor of this really nice lady, Marilyn, that I have met in my class. She has been super friendly and nice, very perceptive of my anxiety around being in a class with no one I know and being the only person in a different situation than the rest of the group. She wore a pretty purple/green outfit today, so I went with those colors for today.

CraftADDchick - I have friends out in Worcester. How did you handle the tornado warning?! Hope all was OK!! Do you have any good little crafty stores that you visit near you? Next time I visit my friends, I'd love to hit up a local craft store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Danielle
Follow me on:
Twitter @ bruinsZ33 - http://www.twitter.com/bruinsZ33
Tumblr @ bruinsZ33 - http://bruinsZ33.tumblr.com
Sera unravled
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2010 06:10:50 PM »

CrochetAngel---I love your anxious yellow square.  I like how you have a border around it. Sorry to hear that you were anxious, I hope you do well in your class.

I am making squares here and there.  I don't get much time during the week so I do most of them before church.  I have about 60 squares done, it sounds like alot but they are only two rounds each.  I'll get pictures up soon (hopefully)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2010 06:16:57 AM »

Great new squares in here...I am not quite stitching one-a-day, but I am getting some progress:

The next round of squares are ready to be crafted and I will be traveling(again) this weekend, so I may have time to play with it.  Also, filling requests from neices to make them a bag, each:  Inga Bags!  Much smaller than the last one
and thier color requests:  Royal blue/?? and blues/mint green
When August comes around I really hope to get back on track w/ my bigger projects...tired of the yarn encircling my chair!!  I want to see it finished, too.  =]
Keep on Stitchin...Love this group...are we on for August??
I have been doing some other crocheting and knitting last week.  So...I'm a little 'loopy'...hehehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2010 04:14:54 PM »

Kittymom, love the progression of colors! How big is each block? They look little!

And, CrochetAngel, ironically, I was at a Worcester Tornadoes baseball game on Monday when the lady next to me got a call about possible tornadoes to the north. We had a great view of the sky to the north, so we watched as the lightning approached (but never quite reached us... didn't even hear the thunder), tolerated a bit of a sprinkle and stayed at the game through the extra innings! When I got to my house across the city, the storm had completely missed us. I did have a rather panicked phone call from my mom, however, who was worried that my house was in danger. So, all was well this time Wink

And, for little craft stores, there is a bead store (Tatnuck Bead) right around the corner from me, as well as a great gift shop, and up the road in Holden, there is a yarn shop (The Sheep Shack) as well as a quilting shop (I don't know the name, but I can look it up if you're interested). There's also a quilting shop in Auburn. I can't think of any others that I know about besides the chain stores. But, I can try to pay a bit more attention Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2010 04:11:49 PM »

Greetings from Minnesota!  I am on the hotel computer, really quick.  Baby shower for my first grandbaby was a success.  I finished (mostly) with the first Inga bag.  I'll have a pic up by Tuesday.  I am now getting finished w/a knit hat and tomorrow's travels will be focusing on making more squares for the project above.  The squares are about 2 1/2" I'd say...small.  I also purchased some yarn to make a baby hat w/earflaps...it gets cold up here!!  Miss all the chatter in here.  I'll be glad to get home and into my routine!  Hope ya'all had a good weekend, too! 
TTFN
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2010 05:38:09 PM »

2 1/2"! That is small! Bigger than a Granny's Daughter, but still small Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2010 10:40:27 AM »

I have been MIA from the internet this week! Lots of trouble with my internet and its about to kill me I think. I have also been completely neglecting my grannies!

I am hoping to redeem myself by
starting the granny a day for august thread today!

August link:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=355101.0;topicseen
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010 10:30:02 AM by BabyCakes8510 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kurzes_haar
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2010 10:33:13 AM »

After falling behind a little, I finally caught up and finished my July lapghan for maid of honor number 2!

This time I decided to crochet one big ol' granny square. I tend to get bored easily, so it was nice to do something a little different. As before, the outer border is the color of the bridesmaid's dress. My maid of honor, Sarah, will be wearing a bright green dress in my rainbow wedding.

And here is the lapghan all spread out:

I will be working on lapghan number 3 starting tomorrow aka August 1! But I have to tell you, crocheting and working at a job where I'm scooping ice cream all day have been murder on my wrist >.<"

Happy crocheting!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jack: Who has a sonic screwdriver?
The Doctor: I do!
Jack: Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks, "Woo, this could be a little more sonic."?
The Doctor: What, you've never been bored? Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Techniques for Perfectly Frosting Your Cake
How to Put Icing on a Cake
Cupcake Masterclasses: Working with Sugarpaste
Blackberry Frozen Yoghurt Recipe
How to Make a 5 Minute Cake in a Cup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...