A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,080
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 94
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FOC Wist Swap! Sign-up through June 23rd, Send out July 28th  (Read 51615 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

phoenixfiredesigns
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #370 on: June 27, 2010 04:22:49 PM »

Been PM'ing back and forth with amaryllisroze since neither of us does the types of crafts we have wisted. Like...at all. Shocked Shocked

But, we're both really creative and she's really awesome at papercraft - something I've liked from afar but never really thought of looking into having that genre of item on my wist - and she's been helping me by adding jewelry items to hers and giving me some idea about her jewelry likes/dislikes, so...while it's been an uphill battle to get started, I think in the end we'll both wind up making something the other likes.

I haven't started or supply browsed yet but I am beginning to get some thoughts and some concepts in my head and I believe she's doing the same. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: June 27, 2010 04:38:05 PM »

i have one more question i would like answered and then i am off to frolic in the fabric piles.

i am hoping to make something wist inspired that my partner didn't even know she wanted...  hubby actually helped me immensely with this one.  he helped narrow down my ideas into what should be an a-1 project. unfortunately he ALWAYS picks the 'more work for me' option Wink  and whats even worse is he's always right...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
norahkate
« Reply #372 on: June 27, 2010 05:17:27 PM »

I'm on vacation right now, so if I'm incommunicato, that's why. Buuuut, I'm getting ready to head to Denver to hit up some LYS and crafty stores, and hopefully I'll find what I need for my partner's wisty-inspired project.

enjoy your vacation!  and take a nice look at the mountains for me...my husband and i lived in Boulder for a while before moving to Wisconsin and I have to say that, while we are very happy here, I miss the scenery!

i have supplies for the two items i am deciding between.  may just start both because they are completely different crafts and themes and decide which one seems right.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for baby food jars (or other small jars with lids)
SevsOnlyGirl
Swap Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator
Guest Blogger

« Reply #373 on: June 27, 2010 05:19:12 PM »

sloth - you can definitely make something wist inspired!  That's great!  Good for you that your hubby wants to help...at least with ideas.lol

Phoenixfiredesigns - We knew that you and a-roze would be able to figure it out between the two of you, you're both such wonderful crafters!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: June 27, 2010 05:30:45 PM »

Phoenixfiredesigns I sort've ran into that with my partner's wist. But I ended up having a lot of fun tearing through her wists and thought a little outside the box. I noticed a paticular theme come up a few times on her wist, so I am combining it with something I do well. I'm pretty excited about it actually, because its something I know she'll love, but she'll have no idea she wanted it before hand!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

« Reply #375 on: June 27, 2010 05:33:55 PM »

This swap is definitely going to help me expand some of my skills!  Yay for swapping fun that also teaches!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #376 on: June 27, 2010 06:13:30 PM »

Now, remember ladies, ONE LARGE ITEM unless you and your partner have discussed it.  We don't want anyone going hog wild. Cheesy

It's hard to narrow it down to 1 item!  I do have it narrowed down to 3...lol.  I'll decide tomorrow then get started.  I was away all weekend for my sister's wedding shower....now that crafting for that stupid thing is over, I can finally get back to swap crafting!! yay! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ckchan
« Reply #377 on: June 27, 2010 07:45:26 PM »

Got the thing that I'm making quaggy all picked out! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. "

I'm a roller derby girl! 

Wists: http://www.wists.com/ckchan
My New Blog!!: http://bobango.blogspot.com
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #378 on: June 27, 2010 07:48:06 PM »

I'm still going through and trying to decide what to do.  I simply can't decide!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #379 on: June 27, 2010 08:00:27 PM »

I'm about a 1/3 of the way through the piece that I've started. It's not what I originally thought it would be but I'm happy with where it's going. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 94 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Romantic Hair: Vogue Waves
"Hair With Hollie": How to Create Big Cheryl Cole-Inspired Hair
How to Get a Straight-Off-the-Runway Hairstyle in 30 Seconds
Do You Shampoo Too Often?
Celebrity Hair Style: The Lob Trend
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...