A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,901
Currently Running With Scissors:
505 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Turkish recipes  (Read 12398 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bastelmutti
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2005 06:26:11 AM »

When I lived in Germany, we ate dner and lamacun all the time. It was the best fast food around. Anyone have recipes for those? I imagine the meat isn't something easy to prepare at home - ist there an approximation?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
destino
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2005 01:04:42 PM »

When I lived in Germany, we ate dner and lamacun all the time. It was the best fast food around. Anyone have recipes for those? I imagine the meat isn't something easy to prepare at home - ist there an approximation?

hi, i found a recipe of lahmacun but i didn't try it and i don't know if it will be the same taste with the ones you ate but i read the ingredient and i looks same. you may try it  Wink
http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/3229/foods04.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you press me to say why I loved him, I feel that it can only be
expressed by replying, 'Because it was him; because it was me' 
---Michel de Montaigne
lunarhalo
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006 10:33:06 AM »

I have an Americanized version of borek that I make regularly.  It uses tortillas instead of yufka.
1 pkg. large flour tortillas
1 pkg. frozen spinach
1 onion, diced
1 pkg. mushrooms
1 pkg. feta, crumbled
1 c. yogurt
1 tbs. olive oil
1 egg

Heat oven to 375
Sautee the onion in some olive oil.  Add the mushrooms and cook together a bit before adding the spinach.  Add salt and pepper to taste.
In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, oil, and egg.
Lay out a tortilla, put a spoonful of the yogurt mixture on it and spread it around.  Then, about 1/3 of the way from an edge, lay out a line of the spinach filling.  Crumble some feta on top.  Roll up the tortilla, tucking an end around the filling and continuing from there.  Place in a shallow baking pan.  Do this for the rest of the tortillas.  Once they are all lined up in the pan, spoon some yogurt mixture on top of each one and spread it on top.  This will maker a golden crust.  Bake for about 30 minutes.  Enjoy hot or cold!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dmerk
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006 10:17:19 PM »

I'd love a traditional recipe of tabouli.
I have a couple of recipes allready but they're not quite the same as ones I have tasted.
There seems to be something missing in the way of herbs or spices.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006 05:29:55 AM »

I spent 2 weeks in Turkey in January - grad school trip - and fell in love... I've been desparately missing the food, the coffee and the hospitality since I got back. Thanks for putting a smile on my face - oh and for the recipes too!!!
Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
bluepetals
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006 08:34:48 PM »

I lived in Turkey, Incirlik to be specific, traveled a lot while there.  Turkey is a beautiful country with lovely people.  The food is beyond words it is so delicious.  I loved the borak, yufta, yoghurt, the vegetables are huge and so much tastier than in the USA, and everything is affordable.  I have made borak with tortillas and with egg roll dough but nothing matches making it with yufta.  I really liked an Adana Kebob.  If you have a recipe for this I would be so happy.  I know you use lamb, cumin, etc, not sure what to use instead of the bread that wrapped the kebob. I love that recipe site you gave too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gadg3etg1rl
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006 02:49:34 PM »

I've made borek with phyllo pastry that turned out quite well!

I'd like a personal Turkish chef, also one that can make me gozleme on a daily basis.
YUM!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluepetals
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006 08:05:27 PM »

I am going to try that phyllo dough for borek I think my grandsons will love that.  They love finger foods and that is so addictive.  I cant wait to try it.  Ill let you all know how it turns out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
feeft
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006 09:30:50 PM »

Hello everyone!

I'm from Turkey.

If you'd like to cook some Turkish recipe you can look this site : http://www.turkishcookbook.com/

If you know Turkish this site is perfect : http://www.portakalagaci.com/

Portakal agaci is run by my neighbor's friend! I live in an apartment building filled with 20 something Turkish families (including my own) and I jumped to see there was a Turkish child board!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is Murphy's law. There is Newton's law.
Things go wrong and then they then fall down on me!
tmurray
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006 10:40:52 AM »

Hello all!
I have been looking around on this site for awhile.. my daughter turned me on to it and now I cant stop. She makes purses and bags.. anyway I saw the site about Turkey and had to join. My fater was in the Air Force and we lived there for a few years.. when I was in the 6th- 9th grade. I loved it there.. We lived in Adana and then on the air base there.. Incirlik.. I often wonder what it is like there now. I would love to go back and see, but that is just not possible for me.. well not now. I used to have this puzzle ring that I got a shop across the street from our apartment and cant find them anywhere.. does anyone know where I could find one?
Anyway nice talk with you.. Tracy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Triple Braid
How To Make Your Hair Shine for a Big Night Out
How to Highlight Your Own Hair
How to Keep Your Hair Healthy
How to Keep Your Hair Looking Good Between Washes
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...