A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,480
Currently Running With Scissors:
397 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Poppet / Amigurumi Swap (signups 6/16 – 6/30; mail by 7/30)  (Read 23724 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

blue_lalita
« on: June 16, 2010 07:14:26 AM »

The Poppet / Amigurumi Swap

GALLERY: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=353555.0

Swap name: The Poppet /Amigurumi Swap
Craftster members who are organizing this swap: blue_lalita and Ilianora.
Sign-up date range: June 16, 2010 to June 30, 2010, at 5:00 PST.  No one will be accepted into the swap after this time. Partners will be posted after this time period.
Date to send item by: July 30, 2010
Limited to a certain number of people? YES. See below.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No

Age requirement? 16+

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

Has been a member for at least one month: YES
Has posted at least 15 times: YES
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
Does not have any negative feedback: YES
Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
***International participants, please take note of this! You MUST keep a record of your postage receipt, if for any reason your package is not received, we will need a copy of this receipt!***

Details of swap:
In this swap, one partner (the “crocheter”) will be crafting one large OR one medium and one small amigurumi (you can also discuss with your partner potential other sizes/combinations). The other partner (the “poppeter”) will be crafting one clothed poppet.  This is a great opportunity to craft what you’re good at, and receive something you don’t make yourself!

Sign-up limits:
Since each crocheter must be matched with a poppeter, it is important than we have the same number of each participating.  For that reason, sign-ups will initially be limited to 12 crocheters and 12 poppeters (for a total of 24 participants).  If there are more people interested, the limits will be expanded so long as the number of crocheters and poppeters are equal. If you are interested in swapping, but sign-ups are full, please still PM the questionnaire to the organizers, so we can keep track of interest and expand the sign-up limits if needed.

Things to keep in mind:

1. Flakers will not be tolerated.
2. This swap has a mandatory weekly check in. This means that you must post (at least) once a week in the discussion thread in order to keep both your partner and us, the organizers, in the loop as to how your crafting is progressing. We will be keeping a record of such posts and if you have poor communication, it will be noted in your feedback.
3. If you have not heard from your partner for awhile or notice that your partner has not been active on Craftster for a while, and you are feeling concerned, PM the organizers! Or if for any reason whatsoever you have concerns, feel free to PM us!
4. We will not approve anyone who has multiple feedbacks stating that they have poor communication, have not used a DC#, or have consistently been late senders.
5. Everyone is expected to send on time.  If you are going to be late, you must notify us ASAP (BEFORE the send-out date!). Those who are late and do NOT notify us, will receive negative feedback which will not be removed or corrected until we receive a DC# and the package is received by your partner.
6. When you send your package, PM the organizers and your partner to let them know it’s been mailed, and give them the DC# so they can track the package.
7.  Posting photos in the gallery is mandatory, and failure to do so will result in a comment in your feedback. If you do not have access to a camera, please contact your partner and ask if they can take pictures of both packages which they send/receive.
8. If you are an international swapper or sending internationally and are unable to get a DC#, you must retain a copy of your shipping receipt. If for any reason your package goes missing and you do not have a copy of the receipt to provide us the organizers, you will have to resend to your partner.

To contact the organizers, send a PM to blue_lalita and cc Ilianora.  In the subject line, put “Poppet/Amigurumi Swap” and “sign-ups,” “question,” “sent,” “received,” etc.

If you want to participate, copy the questionnaire below, and send it and your answers to blue_lalita and Ilianora via PM.
Name of swap: Poppet/Amigurumi Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country (please break this up line by line like you would write on an envelope):
Would you be willing to ship:
1) Out of your country?
2) Out of your continent?
3) Other?
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old (yes/no):

Are you able to craft a poppet, amigurumi, or both?
If both, which would you prefer to craft?
If there are an uneven number of swappers, would you be interested in having two partners (keep in mind that you would need to send both packages by July 30th)?
What type of poppet/ami would you like to receive from your partner (i.e. size, type, style, theme, etc.)?
What type of poppet/ami are you able to make for your partner?

Tell us a bit about yourself. Are there interests or things about yourself which you believe would aid your partner in crafting for you?
Favorite colors:
Least favorite colors:
Do you have any allergies?
Do you live in a household with any possible allergens?
Do you have a wist? If so, please provide it.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Helpful links:
Craftster Swap Info Guide: http://www.craftster.org/swapsinfo.html
Swap FAQ: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=229624.msg3712343#msg3712343
Poppet-along: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=205341.0 (PM member Ghilie for the poppet pattern)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010 05:42:12 PM by blue_lalita » THIS ROCKS   Logged
blue_lalita
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010 07:16:04 AM »

Participants:
Crocheters
1.  Ilianora
2.  tracethekat
3.  SMLounsbury
4.  mamarose22
5.  Tygermane
6.  syrlig
7.  amazing_784
8.  Amigurumi4Life
9.  SnapsAndDrangons
10. katara
11. noturavggeek
12. J_Kieviet

Poppeters
1.  blue_lalita
2.  lukenlarry
3.  ClonedBravo
4.  lanikins
5.  Lindag35
6.  FoxyBlue
7.  kwiltykate
8.  CraftyWereWolf
9.  sewhappysue
10. sjconner
11. Ilianora
12. ghilie

Partners:  
Poppeters are on the left and crocheters are on the right
blue_lalita >< katara
lukenlarry >< Tygermane
ClonedBravo >< tracethekat
lanikins >< Ilianora
Lindag35 >< amazing_784
FoxyBlue >< J_Kieviet
kwiltykate >< syrlig
CraftyWereWolf >< SnapsAndDrangons
sewhappysue >< mamarose22
sjconner >< Amigurumi4Life
Ilianora  >< noturavggeek
ghilie >< SMLounsbury
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010 06:12:31 PM by blue_lalita » THIS ROCKS   Logged
blue_lalita
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010 07:16:31 AM »

Sent:
blue_lalita
ClonedBravo
lanikins
lindag35
FoxyBlue
CraftyWereWolf
sjconner
katara
noturavggeek
Tygermane
amazing_784
syrlig
mamarose22
Amigurumi4Life
SMLounsbury
kwiltykate
tracethekat
ghilie
sewhappysue
J_Kievet
lukenlarry
snapsanddrangons
Ilianora

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010 07:22:29 AM by blue_lalita » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tracethekat
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010 07:38:18 AM »

Yay! Just sent in my questionnaire!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SMLounsbury
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010 07:43:49 AM »

Sent in mine too!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tygermane
Addicted to crafting

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010 08:41:46 AM »

I wasn't going to do anymore swaps for awhile, but I couldn't pass this one up!  Thankfully partners are issued close to the end of my vacation!  Sent in my questionaire as well!! Cheesy  Can't wait for partners!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tracethekat
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010 09:39:19 AM »

Well hopefully some poppet makers sign up for this lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

syrlig
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010 10:03:51 AM »

Yay, I´ve signed up! Long time since last swap but this was just too perfect to ignore! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I collect the pieces of insight I find on the street and sew them into a quilt of understanding.
amazing_784
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010 10:42:36 AM »

Sent in my questionnaire!  I'm in a knitters vs. crocheters and we were down to the wire with getting enough knitters.  I'm thinking this is the same sort of deal.  It seems like poppets are much more time-intensive than amis.  Although, there are exceptions to every rule.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen Sews

Formerly known as lukenlarry

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010 10:48:56 AM »

I will make a poppet or 2!!   I really want to join this swap.  I love amigurumi but I am too intimidated to try it myself.  I promise myself I will someday though
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Write a Novel
How to Become a Freelance Writer
How to Write an Autobiography
How to Avoid Run-on Sentences
How to Become a Better Writer
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...