Swap name: The Poppet /Amigurumi Swap
Craftster members who are organizing this swap: blue_lalita
Sign-up date range: June 16, 2010 to June 30, 2010, at 5:00 PST. No one will be accepted into the swap after this time. Partners will be posted after this time period.
Date to send item by: July 30, 2010
Limited to a certain number of people? YES. See below.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NoAge requirement?
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
Has been a member for at least one month: YES
Has posted at least 15 times: YES
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
Does not have any negative feedback: YES
Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
***International participants, please take note of this! You MUST keep a record of your postage receipt, if for any reason your package is not received, we will need a copy of this receipt!***Details of swap:
In this swap, one partner (the “crocheter”) will be crafting one large OR one medium and one small amigurumi (you can also discuss with your partner potential other sizes/combinations). The other partner (the “poppeter”) will be crafting one clothed poppet. This is a great opportunity to craft what you’re good at, and receive something you don’t make yourself!Sign-up limits:
Since each crocheter must be matched with a poppeter, it is important than we have the same number of each participating. For that reason, sign-ups will initially be limited to 12 crocheters and 12 poppeters (for a total of 24 participants). If there are more people interested, the limits will be expanded so long as the number of crocheters and poppeters are equal. If you are interested in swapping, but sign-ups are full, please still PM the questionnaire to the organizers, so we can keep track of interest and expand the sign-up limits if needed.
Things to keep in mind:
1. Flakers will not be tolerated.
2. This swap has a mandatory weekly check in. This means that you must post (at least) once a week in the discussion thread in order to keep both your partner and us, the organizers, in the loop as to how your crafting is progressing. We will be keeping a record of such posts and if you have poor communication, it will be noted in your feedback.
3. If you have not heard from your partner for awhile or notice that your partner has not been active on Craftster for a while, and you are feeling concerned, PM the organizers! Or if for any reason whatsoever you have concerns, feel free to PM us!
4. We will not approve anyone who has multiple feedbacks stating that they have poor communication, have not used a DC#, or have consistently been late senders.
5. Everyone is expected to send on time. If you are going to be late, you must notify us ASAP (BEFORE the send-out date!). Those who are late and do NOT notify us, will receive negative feedback which will not be removed or corrected until we receive a DC# and the package is received by your partner.
6. When you send your package, PM the organizers and your partner to let them know it’s been mailed, and give them the DC# so they can track the package.
7. Posting photos in the gallery is mandatory, and failure to do so will result in a comment in your feedback. If you do not have access to a camera, please contact your partner and ask if they can take pictures of both packages which they send/receive.
8. If you are an international swapper or sending internationally and are unable to get a DC#, you must retain a copy of your shipping receipt. If for any reason your package goes missing and you do not have a copy of the receipt to provide us the organizers, you will have to resend to your partner.
To contact the organizers, send a PM to blue_lalita and cc Ilianora. In the subject line, put “Poppet/Amigurumi Swap” and “sign-ups,” “question,” “sent,” “received,” etc. If you want to participate, copy the questionnaire below, and send it and your answers to blue_lalita and Ilianora via PM.
Name of swap: Poppet/Amigurumi Swap
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country (please break this up line by line like you would write on an envelope):
Would you be willing to ship:
1) Out of your country?
2) Out of your continent?
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old (yes/no):
Are you able to craft a poppet, amigurumi, or both?
If both, which would you prefer to craft?
If there are an uneven number of swappers, would you be interested in having two partners (keep in mind that you would need to send both packages by July 30th)?
What type of poppet/ami would you like to receive from your partner (i.e. size, type, style, theme, etc.)?
What type of poppet/ami are you able to make for your partner?
Tell us a bit about yourself. Are there interests or things about yourself which you believe would aid your partner in crafting for you?
Least favorite colors:
Do you have any allergies?
Do you live in a household with any possible allergens?
Do you have a wist? If so, please provide it.
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.Helpful links:Craftster Swap Info Guide
: http://www.craftster.org/swapsinfo.htmlSwap FAQ
(PM member Ghilie for the poppet pattern)