A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,702
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Merit Badge Swap Partners Posted!( SO 7/26)  (Read 8215 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Faux_Valentine
« on: June 15, 2010 07:21:06 AM »

WELCOME TO THE MERIT BADGE SWAP!

Gallery!

Swap name: Merit Badge Swap!
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Faux_Valentine
Co-Organized by: Arimethia ( if needed)
Sign-up date range: 6/15/10-6/25/10
Date to send item by:7/23/10

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 50 (thats 10 groups people!)

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES/NO No
If so, which country?

Additional Age requirement? nope

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
Do you have something You're Proud Of. Are you the  Ice Cream Eating Champ of your County. Did You Pass that Insanely difficult Engineering Physics Course?! Then You deserve a Badge. If You have ever been proud of something you have achieved and wanted to show it off, Then this swap is for you!

This swap is going to be a group swap. Swappers will be placed in groups of 5 and each swapper will send one badge to each person in their group. This will mean you make a total of 4 badges to be sent out. Badges Can be made Out Of Any Thing That the creator would like. Please keep in mind the Badge should be able to be attached to something ( sash, messenger bag, wall, vest, etc).  The goal is to have fun and show off what you are proud of.

P.S these achievements dont necessarily have to be  Fact. They can be Fiction. If you want to say you are the captain of an Air Ship By All means be proud of that and wear the badge to show off.

Each badge should be a Medium item. This equals 2+hours or 10-30$. If you want the points system each badge should be about 2 points. You can Send Extras If you and your partners wish, but the swap ONLY requires you to send One Awesome Badge to each person.

Also Remember It Is A Craftster Rule That All Swap Packages Must Have Delivery Confirmation unless sending out of country, and then you need to keep your receipt in case needed.

Lets try to keep this a clean craft with no flakers please!

If you want to participate, or have any questions, please send the Questionnaire to Faux_Valentine :

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap

Craftster username

Email address

Your real name

Mailing address including the country

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?

Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)

Are you allergic to anything that might effect this swap?

Do you smoke or have any pets?

I LIKE (vintage, modern, characters (which ones?), cutesy, girly, revamp, etc) - list all that apply:

I DON'T like (vintage, modern, characters (which ones?), cutesy, girly, revamp, etc) - list all that apply:

Tell us about yourself ( let your partner know of who you are and what you stand for!)

What have you Earned a Merit Badge For? (cooking making a rocket wrangling two year olds through the grocery store?)

What would you like a Merit Badge for( please list multiple things so your partners have things to choose from!)?

Do You have a blog or wist that would show your partners what you like?

Can you take pictures and post asap after your packages arrive?

Is there anything else you would like your partners to know?

How bout some inspirational pictures! (pictures of things you like, It's not necessary but fun)

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010 02:41:55 PM by Faux_Valentine » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faux_Valentine
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010 07:21:52 AM »

Reserved for partners swap members and any questions that arise!

UPDATE!:Also i didnt put this as a requirement but i HIGHLY recomend talking with all the people in your group about who is going to do what. I think it would be fun to get 4 badges for 4 different things (which is why listing alot is really important!) but if thats not for you it's not a requirement just an extra!

Q&A:

A question, I'm worried that my resin badges or diamond glaze-covered badges won't be worth more that about 3 bucks each, even if they take more than 2 hours? Is that going to be okay?

To answer your question yes. That is appropriate. I plan to embroider and embroidery floss doesnt cost much so it will be the time i put into them that will make it worth a medium. I suppose the time spent is more important than the money. I didnt really want to call them smalls because i wanted alot of effort put into them.

What a great idea for a swap.

I am wondering what sort of crafts would work for making merit badges that are medium items.  I don't embroider, so I'm at a bit of a loss.  I do have a button maker (which I would love to use for this swap, but even doing collage or other arty stuff in the buttons they still wouldn't be medium items (unless I spent hours planning them...).  Would it be okay to send two (or however many would be appropriate) smalls to each partner?  What do you think?

This is a good question. The reason i have them at mediums is because i'd really like some time spent on them. I would be okay with you sending two or however many needed to send to each partner. I really want them to be well thought out and designed. Really any craft can work for this as long as it's displayable. Yes it seems to be geared more towards Sewing and embroidery but thats not to say that you cant go out of the box and do something say in resin or bottle caps or anything you can think of. It's not bound to just the Needle arts!

Swap Participants:
1. Faux_Valentine (organizer)
2.arimethia
3.gabberwockgifts
4.kittykill
5.Smmarrt
6.aneyhall
7.avocadoeldorado
8.ShesAZombie
9.dharma_rebel
10. Teag
11.cindibee
12.Calsters
13.barbolot
14.annachronism

PARTNERS!

Sent!
rec 1
rec 2
rec 3
rec all
Late with communication
Please contact me imediatly

Group 1

Aneyhallsent Lw\cavo,ana
avocadoeldoradoana aney
 ShesAZombie
anachronism avo aney
cindibeeLw\c

Group 2
CalstersLw\ckitty, dharm
arimethiaLw\c
dharma_rebelkitty, Cal
kittykilldharm, Cal
gabberwockgiftsLw\c

Group 3
barbolotfaux,teag,smmarrt,dharma
Faux_Valentine teag,smmarrt,barb,dharma
Smmarrtfaux,teag, barb, Dharma
dharma_rebelteag,faux, barb,smmarrt
Teagfaux, Smmarrt,barb,dharma

Thanks Dharma_Rebel for being in two groups! You will all have Pm's soon Also I feel i shouold extend the due date to make up for a little lost time

« Last Edit: August 08, 2010 08:07:20 AM by Faux_Valentine » THIS ROCKS   Logged

aneyhall
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010 08:02:48 AM »

This is so exciting!  I'm somewhat newly into badges after my mum sent me my old girl scout badges.  I've been sewing them to all sorts of things.  Can't wait to get NEW merit badges.  Smiley  Waiting for feedback on a swap and then I'm filling this questionnaire in! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010 08:23:33 AM »

This is such a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annachronism

will sew for tattoos

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010 08:51:59 AM »

got to finish up on a couple of swaps, then i'll sign up straight away! so glad this is finally happening!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tsuki_Tsubasa
~*Meow*~

Resident book worm..... X3

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010 10:13:41 AM »

Interesting idea. I might just have to sign up for this. <3 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can find his way by moonlight, and see the dawn before the rest of the world."
Oscar Wilde
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010 10:19:56 AM »

so excited for this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arimethia
The likes of you

Look out, Portland. I'm so indie.

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010 10:59:54 AM »

I may have to make a banner to display my badges on once this swap gets going!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

McJulie-O
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010 07:55:24 PM »

Thanks so much for getting this launched!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Pistola
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010 09:50:09 PM »

This sounds like a lot of fun, and a great way to use some newly acquired embroidery skills, but I just don't know if I can commit. Any ideas for fun merit badges out there?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have vintage smurf sheets and do embroidery and stenciling...wanna swap?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sew a Dart on Garments
How to Do Ribbon Embroidery
How to Paint Warhammer Miniatures
How to Paint Blood Angels
How to Do Scrapbook Embellishments
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...