A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
693 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: logo advice  (Read 4312 times)
Tags for this thread: logo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bewara
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010 05:35:47 AM »

A

I picked A because it is distinctive and evoked an emotional response from me immediately. I totally said d'awwww! CUTE! in my head as soon as I saw it.

I really had to look at the other 3 logos (B, C, D) and think about which I liked. I like the color of the little yellow-green bird, I think the whole bird thing is waaaay over done. There wasn't anything about the last 3 logos that jumped out at me and made me feel like your business had a unique identity.

The owl or bird will be the defining feature of your logo. You will most likely manipulate any text (Make Stitch) to fit the format you need. So make sure your choice allows you the freedom to do this. Look at the bird alone and decide if it is distinct enough to represent you.

That being said, I'm going to muddy my choice with something else to think about - one color logos. The yellow-green bird (D) is a really, really easy design to use for a handmade stamp or screenprinting. It will be more cost effective if you need to have stuff printed because you can print in one color without changing the logo.

So, I guess maybe try to make the little bird more distinctive, or rework the owl to incorporate the stitching like D. I love the name Make Stitch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I never know what I'm doing. I just fake it really well.

http://www.thehappyfunshop.com
My Wist

Craft Swaps:
Embroidery Hoopla Round 3- stitching, stitching, stitching
MagicalGirl
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010 07:21:49 AM »

I love the owl the best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking for Simplicity 6340 (the 1970's sailor dress). PM me if you've got a copy to swop or sell! Cheesy
thisbirdsabsurd
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Be Happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010 09:03:45 AM »

Having a "visual communications" background I would absolutely say "C"! The owl is definitely cute, but the bird and the two tone font is far more effective - good luck with your business!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop is here!  www.thisbirdsabsurd.etsy.com
heatherweather33
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010 09:19:04 AM »

excellent comments, thank you. I should have said, our style is bold, graphic prints with a mid-century modern
leaning (ha! not sure if that makes sense)  so maybe the owl in particular is a bit too cute.

I think i really need to think how these will work as labels - which brings me to another question, do people mind labels on the outside of purse, bags etc, or should they only be on the inside?

Wow, I totally get what you mean! haha... I think either one may work, I like the script type paired with the graphic prints, but the thin sans-serif would totally pair with that too... Maybe if you branch into different lines, you could use a different type treatment with the same logo to differentiate between the lines you're producing (down the line)?

I think if it were a tote bag a label on the outside/back would work, I think these would all work as a huge screenpritned logo on a canvas tote bag though!

I love this type of thing, I just took my last Visual Communictaion Design class for my minor, and the thing I'll miss most is critiques... I always got great ideas and comments during them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE MORE!
Alexus1325
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010 12:39:58 PM »

I like option C because it's simple and elegant, and the little bird with the string is super cute. It only has 3 colours, which is easier to get printed professionally if necessary. It's also the only one (other than D) that I personally think will look good in solid black, which at some point probably WILL be necessary.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panther_012003
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2010 01:15:08 PM »

C totally and you could drop the bird if you're afraid of clarity at really small sizes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NH822

"Every day is better than the last!" -Logan, age 6

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2010 02:11:50 PM »

I like C also but I think I would change the colors a bit either darker or something
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
-Elizabeth Taylor
mirandazzo
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2010 07:26:28 PM »

It would depend on what you're selling and who you're aiming to sell it to, but I think option A is the most eye-catching, option B a runner up.  C looks too much like a corporate logo for handmade items imho  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Super-cali-fraga-listic-expi-ali-SUCK IT!
cigarettesandvalentines
Red ships of Spain!

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2010 08:58:17 PM »

i like the owl best, but C is probably the best design-wise
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Someone has to go back and get a shitload of dimes."

Personal Swaps? Love 'em! Drop me a PM

etsy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/historystuffed

http://hamiltonsstupidhat.blogspot.com/
Lo{ve}
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2010 11:09:50 PM »

i would not go with A. it has absolutely nothing to do with 'make stitch' nothing to do with anything crafty for that matter. it's just cute but represents nothing.

I like how in C the picture logo is incorporated into the text, it makes them become one and flow better. when you see one, you see the whole thing. instead of looking at the image, then looking at the font as a whole separate piece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creative Birthday Card Styles
Creative Wrapping Paper Styles
How to Read Crochet Patterns
How to Triple Crochet
How to Crochet and Change Color Without Knots
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...