A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,223
Currently Running With Scissors:
446 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Calvin and Hobbes Swap! (Signups closed! MAIL EXTENDED TO AUGUST 2ND!).  (Read 15354 times)
Tags for this thread: calvin_and_hobbes  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beccas_song
is the craziest song you've ever heard!

Stew anyone?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2010 03:29:20 PM »

Okay kids! Hopefully everyone got a PM with their partner's information. Please double check that I haven't missed anyone or have the wrong partners posted at the beginning of the thread.

Because this is my first swap (and the odd number of people), I'm going to be an organizer only. This is my first time doing this, so I don't want to divide up my attention too much. Smiley Plus I can keep a better eye on everyone. Wink

Happy crafting! I'm sure everyone's excited!

Shall we continue our discussion about our favorite comics? Smiley

Oh, that's not fun! You are the one who came up with this! Are you sure you don't want to craft? You deserve an awesome package too! I'd be happy to take you on as a second partner!!! Really truly, I wish you'd join in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well-behaved women rarely make history. -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
shinydemon
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2010 07:19:04 PM »

Hurray!!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2010 08:38:45 PM »

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
Atellix

I'm not obsessed. I'm excessively enthusiastic.

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2010 02:45:38 PM »

LOL, that's an awesome strip, haroldlovesmaude! Cracked me up.

And good news! I've been recruited back into the ranks to swap after all, but it'll just be a little one. Smiley Thought I'd share a few more strips with you guys. The first one used to happen to me all the time when I was a kid and just left my clothes everywhere.

And I like this one because I'm working towards being a teacher, and I've had this exact situation happen with one of my students during practice teaching.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
yellie

The sounds of war are drowned out by our heartbeat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2010 11:24:18 AM »

That unidentified word one is great, what was the word that it happened to you with?

So i'm pretty excited for this swap, even though i'm doing it for my boyfriend (i like c&h too though!). But am a little nervous because I'm taking two summer classes while this swap is going on and so don't really have time for much else.
I am excited to see what everyone comes up with though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the only comprehensible thing about the universe is that it's completely incomprehensible-Albert

Please vote for me to win a yoga scholarship by clicking the heart icon (ends 3/31):
http://www.findyoga.com/message-board/free-training-contest-317/set-an-intention-be-courageous-be-healthy-be-happy
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2010 04:04:01 PM »

My favourite strip is this one:

For show-and-tell, Calvin has bone fragments he unearthed in his front yard. He says they look like ordinary driveway gravel, but he recognized them as part of a jawbone from a new species of carnosaur. He has an illustration of the Calvinosaurus as it would have appeared. He says he'll be publishing his full findings soon. He feels he'll be the recipient of many paleontology prizes. He says those students who were mean to him will suffer then. He says he'll employ his resources to make their puny lives miserable. He'll crush their pitiful dreams and ambitions like bugs in the dust. But he offers an alternative. He's accepting a limited number of applications to be his pal. It costs just $20 per person. Calvin sits in the principal's office. Calvin tells him to just wait.

I can't find it anywhere though... it's apparently in the book:  Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons on page 75
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Atellix

I'm not obsessed. I'm excessively enthusiastic.

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2010 05:46:46 PM »

My favourite strip is this one:

For show-and-tell, Calvin has bone fragments he unearthed in his front yard. He says they look like ordinary driveway gravel, but he recognized them as part of a jawbone from a new species of carnosaur. He has an illustration of the Calvinosaurus as it would have appeared. He says he'll be publishing his full findings soon. He feels he'll be the recipient of many paleontology prizes. He says those students who were mean to him will suffer then. He says he'll employ his resources to make their puny lives miserable. He'll crush their pitiful dreams and ambitions like bugs in the dust. But he offers an alternative. He's accepting a limited number of applications to be his pal. It costs just $20 per person. Calvin sits in the principal's office. Calvin tells him to just wait.

I can't find it anywhere though... it's apparently in the book:  Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons on page 75

LOL, found it! Just call me the Google Queen!

http://lesinge.org/ch/89/ch891015.gif
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010 04:54:18 AM by lapoli - Reason: please don't hotlink images.. thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2010 05:55:35 PM »

When I was in high school I decorated my bathroom walls with all my favourite comics from the newspaper. C&H featured heavily. When I moved overseas for a few years my Dad took them all down - and I haven't been able to find this strip since.

so THANK YOU, Google Queen!! Now i'm going to print it and frame it!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010 05:56:04 PM by beckashell » THIS ROCKS   Logged

haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2010 06:14:31 PM »

I can't find it anywhere though... it's apparently in the book:  Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons on page 75

If you search on the Calvin and Hobbes "search engine" and find the description, it should give you a date. Then go to the Calvin and Hobbes Archive and look up the date, and there it is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2010 06:30:35 PM »

If you search on the Calvin and Hobbes "search engine" and find the description, it should give you a date. Then go to the Calvin and Hobbes Archive and look up the date, and there it is!

oooooohh, thanks!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Understanding Guides as Objects
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Setting up Rulers
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Understanding Master Pages
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Creating Margins and Columns
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Viewing Images in a Slideshow
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...