A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,855
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Business Name thread - Get opinions and ideas about names for your business!  (Read 9626 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MinnieMay9
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2011 06:52:11 AM »

Thanks to both of you.  I will keep the banner/shop name and user-names as they are.

Thank you montsa007 for the offer.  I already have a separate web-page, but it is a mess.  Fixing that is on my list of things to do.

Kitiza, thanks for the advice.  I will add changing my user-pic as part of the re-vamp of my Etsy page.  I plan on changing my picture style for my items, make them more professional looking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt, use more glue!

Look Ma, I'm on Ravelry!
Feel free to check out my Etsy shop.

Creative for Charity ~My Charity Blog
gumpsgirl

Don't Worry It's just Me....

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2011 05:48:27 PM »

Hi All,

I have been creating stock in a business that I am starting, but am at the point where I am ready to formally file the proper paperwork for Sales Tax, state, IRS, etc. 

My products are coasters, magnets, key ring plaques and coat racks, most of which are hand painted.  I do not want to limit the company name to just these products, as I have a 1,000 ideas Wink

So far, I have thought of the following:

Jenny's Junk House
The Squared House
House Squared (House2)
This Squared Home

I am NOT good with words.  At least not as good as I am with paints, which doesn't say much!)

I respect all the crafters on this site and could not think of a better group of people to ask.

Thank you in advance.
Jenny

Nobody has offered any advice so far, but this is my second attempt. 

I have decided (as of today) on Craft Charmer.  Does anybody have any helpful feedback?

Thank you very much
jenny
Thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naughty is Nice!
MinnieMay9
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2011 07:46:28 AM »

Hi All,

I have been creating stock in a business that I am starting, but am at the point where I am ready to formally file the proper paperwork for Sales Tax, state, IRS, etc. 

My products are coasters, magnets, key ring plaques and coat racks, most of which are hand painted.  I do not want to limit the company name to just these products, as I have a 1,000 ideas Wink

So far, I have thought of the following:

Jenny's Junk House
The Squared House
House Squared (House2)
This Squared Home

I am NOT good with words.  At least not as good as I am with paints, which doesn't say much!)

I respect all the crafters on this site and could not think of a better group of people to ask.

Thank you in advance.
Jenny

Nobody has offered any advice so far, but this is my second attempt. 

I have decided (as of today) on Craft Charmer.  Does anybody have any helpful feedback?

Thank you very much
jenny
Thank you

I like Craft Charmer.  The ones with 'house' in it makes me think of things that you would use to decorate your house, which would be fine for the coasters, magnets, key ring plaques and coat racks.  If you wanted to make jewelry or hair accessories, I wouldn't think to check.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt, use more glue!

Look Ma, I'm on Ravelry!
Feel free to check out my Etsy shop.

Creative for Charity ~My Charity Blog
gumpsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2011 10:44:21 AM »

Thank you MinnieMay9 for your reply. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naughty is Nice!
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: November 23, 2011 04:18:03 PM »

It's difficult to know if a name fits or not without getting a look at what you make. Though I like the idea of House2 (or squared), it sounds high tech and hand-painted housewares don't typically bring high tech to mind (unless yours are unusual). Just something to keep in mind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gumpsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2011 05:04:48 PM »

Very good point.  My registered name is now..... Craft Charmer. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naughty is Nice!
jamanarchy

Flavors outside of the average jam jar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2011 05:32:51 PM »

Always google a prospective name to be sure its not being overused. Especially if you plan on your own website in the future. Many times the .com is already taken. Especially Etsy as there have been a ton of people in fights over who had a name first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
swentler
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2012 08:31:33 AM »

My husband and myself, along with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law are taking the next step expanding our family business! There are a lot of possibilities for us. With our vinyl cutter we have done as much as t-shirts, home decor, vehicle lettering, signs, and much much more!!! We are having a little problem coming up with a name and we all have the same last name but not sure if we should use it.So this is my request to you... Please help us come up with something creative and unique! Can't wait to hear all your great ideas!!! Thanks  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: August 03, 2012 03:36:52 AM »

Before you get all cozy with a name, consider what might happen in 5-10 years with your biz. Are you going to stick strictly to vinyl, or are you thinking of adding other materials and offerings? You want to keep away from words that put you into a box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kchynoweth
« Reply #159 on: November 25, 2012 05:30:40 PM »

I'm starting a crafting business and am trying to pick a name. I feel really self-conscious about picking a name because I can't tell if they are cheesey or not. Every time I ask friends for suggestions they tell me to call it Karen's Crafts, which just doesn't do it for me.

Anyway, my intention is to make waldorf toys. Right now I mostly have needle felted wands, fairies, mermaids and fairy crowns. I also plan to expand to play silks, waldorf dolls and needle felted playscapes if this works out.

These are my ideas so far :

Encanto

Shady Grove Wool Works

Snapdragon Toys

opinons on these names or suggestion for others would be much appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Painting Texture and Detail with Fabric Brushes
Painting Stroke Work
Painting Foliage with an Angular Bristle Brush
How to Draw
Pen and Ink Tutorial: Drawing from Observation
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...