A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,553
Currently Running With Scissors:
807 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Business Name thread - Get opinions and ideas about names for your business!  (Read 9976 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sparkle Motion Dreamer
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2010 04:24:27 PM »

Cheesy Thank you! That sparked some great ideas Smiley

And I don't know about the name, but you should put elements of green in your logo and banner!

Glad I could help!

I was thinking I might use a tree with bright unnaturally colored leaves, like electric blue and magenta--just super bright colors that kind of represent that surrealist look I'm going for. That way I also get my dream-tree idea in an eye-catching way. All I'd need is someone to design a banner and logo for me, as I'm artistically incapable. Embarrassed
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010 04:29:47 PM by Sparkle Motion Dreamer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm Alyssa, 18, a film-maker in college, & a non-traditional fantasy novelist online. I bake, create, & dream, & I enjoy all things secret, surrealist & sleep-related.
My Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/jarofdreams
My Blog: http://livingcraft.blogspot.com
LadyCandy
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2010 09:35:18 PM »

Hey! My name is Emily I'm openning an etsy account so I can sell my crafts but I cant decide a good name for it.

I will be selling mostly glycerine soaps and bath stuff, but I will also have: jewelry (for people and dogs), homemade makeup, cellphone cases, pet collars, an many more things. Since I have so many things I can't think of a good name so please if you have any advice please tell me.

Im going for cute things and original names.

-Emily
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010 11:10:04 AM by LadyCandy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
RavingRosemary

Beware the weasel....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2010 07:15:42 AM »

Hey all!  I'm in the final stages of putting a small CP soap business together.  I'm an English major+librarian+huge nerd, so my soap scents and names all have literary themes.

One of the last big things I'm stuck on is the name.  I'm a fan of "English Major Soaps" (or English Major Soap Co, or something of the like), as I feel it's got nerd appeal.  But my friends have started referring to the project as "Literary Soap", and the name seems to be sticking.  It's shorter and, as my friend Jenn pointed out, less exclusive (to non-English majors).  But it's generic and not nerdy.

Ooh, update: I found a punny and wonderful name that i want to use.  According to http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp, it was under trademark from 1994-2002, but the trademark has been canceled (?).  Could I use this business name, or would you guys steer clear of it as it has a history?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010 11:09:54 AM by RavingRosemary » THIS ROCKS   Logged

English Major Soaps! on Etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/englishmajorsoaps
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2010 05:52:43 AM »

If there are no bad connotations attached to the name I would use it. If there's no longer a valid trademark on it, you're free to use it. But there's something to be said about a name that's already caught on (Literary Soap). My thought is that a name that catches on does so for a reason. Easy to say, easy to remember.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2010 06:00:28 AM »

LadyCandy, what about "Lady Candy"? Already taken?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RavingRosemary

Beware the weasel....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2010 12:53:59 PM »

I second that.  "Lady Candy" is pretty darned cute, and doesn't pigeonhole you into one type of craft.

Thanks for the advice, CraftyChef.  I just find "Literary Soap" so... bland.  Why does everybody like it?  And why don't I?  Hmmph.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

English Major Soaps! on Etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/englishmajorsoaps
EllaRain
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2010 10:20:38 AM »

A friend of mine is starting a business and we wanted to get some feedback on the name. Please tell me your first impressions:

Zany Cow

Do you like it? Do you dislike it? What does it make you think of and why?

Thanks-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. . . . I would rather have cheese.
http://pinterest.com/ellaraindrop/
panther_012003
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2010 01:52:34 PM »

I think I would need some more information before giving a proper opinion. What kind of company is it? What kind of image is he/she trying to portray?

Judging just from the name I would guess it's an ice cream store, a wacky children's toy store, joke shop, or maybe eccentric crafty items... whatever it is, it sounds fun, goofy and whimsical.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bird_in_flight
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2010 02:59:23 PM »

Hi!

Zany Cow, of course, made me think of cows. My first impression was like a food product... organic yogurt or oddly flavored milk.... something along those lines. I hope that helps.... I have an odd imagination, though!

Honestly, I am SO curious what your products are!

Take care!
Laney
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's so wrong it isn't right
eternallyeve
Tutorial Contributor

Live - Love - Create

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2010 04:39:32 AM »

I too would want some more information on the business. I think of psychedelic hippies, abstract art and multicoloured cows...

It's fun and perky, vibrant and funny.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come visit me Smiley
Website - Gallery - Blog - Tutorials - Store

Our collaborative craft blog!
Hand Made-n's
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Curly Hairstyle for an Evening Look
Festive Holiday Hairstyles
How to Get a Quick Top Knot by Percy and Reed
How to Get a Quick Up Do by Percy and Reed
Amazing Celeb Hair Makeovers
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...