A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Business Name thread - Get opinions and ideas about names for your business!  (Read 10816 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RoxieSparkles
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008 10:30:17 AM »

So I'm a 22 year old Costume Studies major at University. I am graduating this coming may and I am starting my own corset line. I am putting together a collection to hopefully if I am selected show at Toronto alternative fashion week. I am trying to come up with a name and I'm getting no where fast.The only idea I've come up with so far is: Chaos Theory (Which is actually named after my cat lol )
Any suggestions? I don't just make standard corsets they have more of an avant-garde look. thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
adiemonster

hiphopmapotamus v.s rymnoserous

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008 08:18:33 AM »

ohh i like that. i have always liked it when names kind of cotridict each other. i think if you are going to use that name you must have one crazy corset, possibly called chaos Smiley. god luck in toronto!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS SWAP 2!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=280446.0
(this is info forum)
starfishsea
Sea Star Stitches

Beach Bunny Designs

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008 09:35:36 AM »

I'm an esthetician, and I use the name angrywaxer for different message boards etc. I've been thinking of opening an etsy shop to sell some of my crochet patterns, and my fiance suggested I use the name Angry Waxer...but I'm not sure that is entirely enticing to customers  Tongue  I do already have an account that I've used to buy stuff named Beach Bunny, so I could just stick to that since I do already have feedback.

What do you think of the name Angry Waxer? Ironic? Scary? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama to a 3 year old and a 1 year old!
My Etsy Shop: http://beachbunny.etsy.com
Blog: http://sandsurfandcraftyness.blogspot.com
I love personal swaps.
Beetastic
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008 10:30:14 AM »

What will you be selling?  It is kind of funny.  I like it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shadowsforsale

With enough caffeine, I could rule the world..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008 04:44:36 PM »

I'm looking forward to starting up a sewing business, primarily pillows and sleepwear to start, with a few random items thrown in(backpack bunny purses, kind of thing), and I've got a few names I've been tossing around.

1- Castle Asylum pillows and sleepwear: reasoning being, some of it would be fairy tale inspired(Castle), and some would be gothy(Asylum)

2- Sleepless Damsel Creations: based on the email and messenger name my ex came up with me years ago. I'm an insomniac, and I'm a girl. He thought it was hilarious. This wouldn't limit me to just pillows or sleepwear, either..

3- Crescent Moon Clothing: My favorite moon phase, and how easy would that logo be? Wink

4- Midnight Sun Creations: suggested to me by a friend's boyfriend, because he knows I'd be nocturnal if I could, and the moon would be my sun. Again, it doesn't limit what I would be making.

Thanks for your help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For a dreamer night's the only time of day
http://dragcave.net/image/oUlr.gif
adiemonster

hiphopmapotamus v.s rymnoserous

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008 06:20:53 PM »

i really like ALL OF THEM , except i am not so crazy about the castle asylum pillows and sleepwear. idon't know jsut dosen't really catch my atention.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS SWAP 2!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=280446.0
(this is info forum)
shadowsforsale

With enough caffeine, I could rule the world..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008 06:48:46 PM »

i really like ALL OF THEM , except i am not so crazy about the castle asylum pillows and sleepwear. idon't know jsut dosen't really catch my atention.

That seems to be the general consensus about Castle Asylum.. But the liking them all is my big problem!  Cheesy I just can't choose which I like best, coz it changes minute to minute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For a dreamer night's the only time of day
http://dragcave.net/image/oUlr.gif
caustic-mind
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008 12:47:21 PM »

I'm pretty much set on a name but I'm afraid of a possible Legal issue.

I'll be selling clothing, more spacifically Japanese fashion, amigurumi, and other crocheted items.

I want to name my shop "Neo Visualism". It sounds perfect for what I'm going to be making and it has meaning behind the name as well. The problem is, there is a musician that has a song by that same name. There is a difference though. He spells is "Neo Visualizm" and I spell it "Neo Visualism"

Would this create any legal problems?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'll bloom as the poison flower
and become the flower that blooms again.

A wounded heart will fade away
the love is destroying you, in full bloom with the flowers. " - Jealous by Dir en Grey
crazystargrl
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008 11:20:09 AM »

I'm pretty much set on a name but I'm afraid of a possible Legal issue.

I'll be selling clothing, more spacifically Japanese fashion, amigurumi, and other crocheted items.

I want to name my shop "Neo Visualism". It sounds perfect for what I'm going to be making and it has meaning behind the name as well. The problem is, there is a musician that has a song by that same name. There is a difference though. He spells is "Neo Visualizm" and I spell it "Neo Visualism"

Would this create any legal problems?

I don't think it would cause any legal problems because it's spelled differently (I'm not positive though). I don't even think song names are usually copyrighted (I've seen companies that also are song names) so it'd probably be okay even if you did spell it the same way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Move the Needle - handcrafted journals and other crafts

flickr / blog
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008 09:15:46 AM »

If it's copyrighted it's for a song, not a craft shop. There's no conflict there that I can see. Though if you were to name yourself that you'd pretty much be drowned on the net by this song guy. What about Neu Visualism?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Lips
How to Design a Cartoon Elephant
How to Do Drawings of a Person Standing
How to Draw a Nose
How to Sketch a Monkey
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...