A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
502 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Business Name thread - Get opinions and ideas about names for your business!  (Read 9974 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AshtonagoL
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2011 01:30:32 PM »

After much brainstorming and hating everything I've come up with, I still need a shop/brand name.  I came up with Mr.Onesock which I think is super cute with my logo.  But without it, it seems kinda stupid.  Which is apparently the consensus of all of my friends/family.  Also, since etsy won't let you use punctuation I spelled my shop name misteronesock.  But I'm guessing most ppl searching for it are going to try mr.onesock and be done with it if they can't find me.  I'm pretty random with my crafting.  I love making purses and bags so that will probably be something I will always make but everything else just varies so much.  Sometimes I make jewelry, sometimes clothes, sometimes baby items.  And I'm starting to dabble with wood a little too.  So I need a fairly generic name that will still work when I've changed my items a lot.  Here are some thoughts that might help you give me some ideas:
I have 3 boys.  I love chocolate labs (and chocolate!).  I have a purse addiction.  I love Victorian homes and plantation homes.  I love all things southern although I think I'm probably more of a Yankee by nature.  Thought about maybe something with Magnolia in it?  I've used a thesaurus for a words like "random" but nothing is really jumping out at me.  Any ideas to get me started? 
*I should also note--I'm not sure how many online sales I'm going to be getting.  So far most of my sales have been word of mouth so a name that's catchy w/o having to see a picture to remember it would probably be best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plaidsafeypin
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2011 02:13:50 AM »

hello all! i've been skimming through some posts and love the ideas people have come up with for small business names. now i need help. -haha- i have a list a mile long of potential 'etsy' business names but i can't seem to pick one. i remember reading something about picking a name that has to do with the style in which you sell/craft/create. i have been painting wooden letters for a short period of time but find it very fun. eventually i would like to start selling them...little by little. i paint and cover them with cardstock. most of the personalized letters ive seen look perfect. my letters however have a little 'edge' to them. when i cut out the cardstock it doesnt fit perfectly onto the wooden letter itself... making it look a little ...well, edgy. -ha- here is my list of potential names... i'm soooo sorry it's long  Undecided i hope it doesn't bother anyone. any other suggestions are most definately welcome!  Smiley thanks.

NowItsPersonal
   ItsPersonal
   WallWorks
   DcorWorks
   DelightfulDecoratio ns
   DelightfulDcor
   DelightfulDcor&More
   DcorWithCharacter
   ErraticDesigns
   ErraticDcor
   PerfectImperfection s
   WallPerfection
   WallImperfection
   PersonalImperfectio n
   PersonalPerfection
   PerfectlyPersonal
   Personalfection
   ImperfectEdgeDesign
   PerfectEdgeDesign
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plaidsafeypin
« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2011 10:57:45 PM »

well, i've come up with a few more -haha- since i do most of my crafting at night (i have trouble sleeping) i was thinking:

'edge of insomnia design'
'insomnia edge design'

orrr...

'uneasy design'
'restless design'
'panic edge design'

not sure why i have a thing for 'design' haha i suppose i could drop that huh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubbleandme
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2011 05:10:34 AM »

I like 'edge of insomnia design' lol and I also like your username!

I need help with a business name.
It's basically for a business selling handmade boys/unisex-if-you-don't-like-pink things (first item is exciting but practical pants). Sizes 1 - 4ish at this stage. I'm looking for a name that is boyish, but still has a bit of whimsy, and doesn't tie me into one product or style.

I started with digg.gar, but that was shot down  Tongue which I now agree with. i think.

Other ideas:
duck, duck, digger, goose! - this is my current favourite.
acorn st.
acorn street
Oliver's tractor
Oliver the tractor

and then I'm kinda at a loss.

thanks  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2011 09:05:15 PM »

Ive decided I need a new name for my sewn items/crafty stuff shop, but I have no idea what it should be!  I really need some suggestions!

Stuff I make:
Mostly baby/kids stuff  (baby carriers, cloth diaper stuff, baby shoes, clothes, hats, costumes/dress up, birthday stuff, hooded towels, toys, bedding, etc)
Stuff for the whole family/adults (like snack bags, grocery bags, lunch boxes, pillows, decor, holiday stuff, travel things,  etc)
A few non-sewn items (wipes solution cubes, pail powder, some photo jewelry, etc)

Here are some pics of some of the stuff I make: (links off to the right)
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/leighi123/crafts/

I am constantly adding new things and changing direction (Ill get on a kick where I make a ton of one sort of thing, and then move onto something else).   I also really like to do customs and often my new items come from a custom I made for someone and then ended up making more.

Originally, I had it as Roots and Wings which came from a wood burnt painting thing I made for Levi when I was pregnant.   But searching online too many things come up with the same name, and it just doesnt have the same meaning to me anymore.  
My OLD website:  http://rootsandwings.web.officelive.com

One thing I like to make is boys clothes, sense it is so hard to find cute stuff!  So for that Ive been using the name The Little Guy Shop (grandpa calls Levi Little Guy).  I really like the name, but it doesnt work for when I make a dress or a purse or something,  I think it needs to be more of a division of my main storefront.  

So I have no idea what to name it!  I want something simple, something I can make a website that is www.___.com that matches the name, something thats not too cutsie and something that makes sense for what I make.  

As an example, I LOVE the sewing blog that is called Made.  Simple, implies that its handmade, looks good on a label, can apply to many items... but its taken!

Any brilliant ideas?   Ive been contemplating this forever now and its driving me nuts!!!    Id love some input.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011 10:20:34 AM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2011 06:07:09 AM »

What about Love Cloth? Take the "Wee" out of it and it's less cutesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweatereyes

We are but lovers.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2011 07:53:02 AM »

I think I was a little lucky with choosing my business name/ working name.  I have used the name "sweater eyes" for years online (since I was 15 ahh!).  Originally it started as an inside joke with my cousin, and then I just started using it for logins everywhere.. because who else is going to use the name sweater eyes? (plus having multiple different login names proved to be troublesome.. lol).
So when I started planning and working on my own business, I really didnt consider anything other than sweater eyes, because I think that it is interesting and unique (although somewhat vague).  I think it works for me, because I make small plush collectibles and am a photographer, so maybe it makes sense? 

Does anyone think I should add a word like creations, design, etc.. to the end?  I used Sweater Eyes photography for a while, but my interests extend beyond that now.  I wanted to use Sweater Eyes Microcosm, but am afraid that many would have no idea what that word meant and I dont want to alienate potential customers. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ill weave your names into my ribcage; lock your hearts inside my chest.
Regain the passion I once carried; do away with all the rest.
I tore the sickness from your bodies; smashed its head against the bricks.
I made a castle from its bones that you may always dwell in it.
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2011 08:39:44 AM »

I don't see any reason to add another word to it. One doesn't really know what sweater eyes means, and putting something like "design" on the end doesn't reveal more details. Stick the descriptives elsewhere, like in taglines.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweatereyes

We are but lovers.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2011 07:30:08 AM »

Thanks, I've been so weary of adding another word... and I knew there must a reason why.  I'll just be keeping it Sweater Eyes (probably forever).  ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ill weave your names into my ribcage; lock your hearts inside my chest.
Regain the passion I once carried; do away with all the rest.
I tore the sickness from your bodies; smashed its head against the bricks.
I made a castle from its bones that you may always dwell in it.
onceinlovewithAmy
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2011 09:50:32 PM »

I'm another one that's stumped on what to call my shop. There's so much I need to do to get everything set up and running but I can't do any of it until I figure out a name--but I'm stumped.

My name's Amy. I've tried playing with plays on my name, but haven't come up with anything I like.

I've also toyed with ways to name it for my grandma, since she was pretty much the only other crafter in my family; she passed away 13 years ago, so I thought it'd be neat to name it for her. But can't think of anything I like. Her name was Agnes. I thought about going with something like Agnes & Amy, but I'd be afraid the state would think that I have a partner; I'll be registering with the state as a Sole Proprietor, and would hate for them to think I was lying. That's probably just paranoia speaking, though Wink I kind of like the name Agnes & Amy, but not only does it raise the question of whether I'm working with someone, but it also doesn't specify that this is a craft business. I haven't thought of a way to add a word to denote crafting, without making it wordy or awkward to say.

I'll be selling mostly sewn items; my primary medium is felt, and in fact most of the things I'll be selling will be made of felt. I sew a few other items, too, and I've done a few other crafts outside of sewing, so I'm trying to keep a business name from being too sewing-specific--in case I want to throw something else in there once in a while or whatever (though yes, probably 98% of the items I make for sale will be sewn).

Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Modelinia Fashion Week TV Swim Edition: Episode 1
How to Style Your Hair Like a Movie Star
Herbal Conditioning Mixtures for Sparkling Hair
How to Create an Up-Do with Pin Curls
How to Create a Side Up-Do
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...