A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
425 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gypsy Swap Round 2! SIGNUPS CLOSED 6/14-6/19 Sendouts 7/31  (Read 11602 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

morrigan_le_faye
Come to the dark side - we have cookies....

currently obsessed with fibres! :D

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2010 02:07:16 PM »

I'm almost done with my brainstorming and waiting for reply from my partner now because I need some more info before I can start crafting...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gypsysoul_

...remember suddenlywe were thrown into the mystic

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2010 10:14:17 AM »

Large item = check (and I did opt to leave it as is, not embellish)

Medium item = body of item check - but that DOES need lots o' embellishing

Small item = UBER check and I freaking LOVE it, may not want to let this one go

Extra goodies....working on it!

I can't wait I can't wait!!!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always interested in personal swaps!  Either for crafted items or "oops" purchases. PM please!

ATC's yes!  Goth themes, macabre, rainbows, dark romance, etc -NO TWILIGHT - vampires DO NOT 'glisten'

Will knit for tattoos, no seriously, I will!
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2010 03:51:03 PM »

I can't wait I can't wait!!!!! Grin

Somebody is very excited about this swap!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saturn
The Ditzy Gypsy

Dance first. Think later.

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2010 10:05:27 AM »

ORGANIZATIONAL NOTE!

Just wondering how we're all doing on progress, we have about 10 more crafting days left and I wanted to see how everyone felt time-wise, and if they felt they would be done on time. If you feel like you need a few days we can always extend the date out a little.

Luv ya'll,
Saturn

PS: Here is some lovely belly dancing, she adds a lot of folkloric steps in there, reminiscent of a dance style that is well traveled! There's Egyptian, Turkish, and a bit of Greek for good measure. Smiley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgrDbD0JlwU&feature=related
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010 01:48:17 PM by Saturn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently in:
WWP Round 29 Lughnasdagh 2011 swap!
Date to send item by: 07-25-11
Pearliepie

I'm a llama! And I like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2010 10:48:55 AM »

Eee. I'm going to start my large item right now, and I am freaked out about it. It's something that I haven't tried before so I'm a little nervous!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I dream of a house covered with your art, and would love a personal swap. Pm me if you'd like to spread the crafty love! I also need blue fabric scraps for a scrap quilt!

Swaps:
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2010 12:39:52 PM »

I stopped at my beloved local fabric shop the other day to get some fabric for my large item, and instead of the glazed cotton I was looking for, I found a fantastic glazed linen! It's so wonderful that I can't keep from fondling it as I'm sewing with it. Cheesy I'll have to make myself something out of it too, but I can't decide what. I wish I had some skill at tailoring, as it'd be perfect for a jacket.

The reason I love this fabric store (Fabric Town on Danforth Ave. for any Toronto locals who are interested) is that it's so unlike Fabricland or any of the other commercial stores. The couple who run it are from Pakistan, and unlike many fabric store owners, are friendly and welcoming. I don't know if their fabric selection is dictated by the ethnicity of their customer base or their own tastes, but they have fabulous stuff. African print cottons, silk chiffon in every colour, Chinese silk brocades, sequined sari fabrics, and other "ethnic" stuff, but also a good selection of linen, silk, woolens, velvets, etc. And also upholstery and drapery fabrics, canvas, linings, felt and all the usual notions and trims. Oddly, the only thing they don't carry is stretch knits like jersey and spandex.

Anyhow, that's my progress report, I guess. And Pearliepie's name has just given me an idea for something else that I'll have to go explore...

Wulf

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Staar84
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2010 10:13:48 PM »

Oh I'm jealous! The only fabric stores I have in town are Joann's and Walmart :/ But there's a great one where my parents live, and I'll be down there right before send outs so if I find something interesting I can put it together over the weekend Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist

Hi, my name is Erin and I'm addicted to swapping...

International Snack Swap
Star Trek V
One Tiny Monster Swap
Saturn
The Ditzy Gypsy

« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2010 08:17:08 AM »

I stopped at my beloved local fabric shop the other day to get some fabric for my large item, and instead of the glazed cotton I was looking for, I found a fantastic glazed linen! It's so wonderful that I can't keep from fondling it as I'm sewing with it. Cheesy I'll have to make myself something out of it too, but I can't decide what. I wish I had some skill at tailoring, as it'd be perfect for a jacket.

The reason I love this fabric store (Fabric Town on Danforth Ave. for any Toronto locals who are interested) is that it's so unlike Fabricland or any of the other commercial stores. The couple who run it are from Pakistan, and unlike many fabric store owners, are friendly and welcoming. I don't know if their fabric selection is dictated by the ethnicity of their customer base or their own tastes, but they have fabulous stuff. African print cottons, silk chiffon in every colour, Chinese silk brocades, sequined sari fabrics, and other "ethnic" stuff, but also a good selection of linen, silk, woolens, velvets, etc. And also upholstery and drapery fabrics, canvas, linings, felt and all the usual notions and trims. Oddly, the only thing they don't carry is stretch knits like jersey and spandex.

Sounds absolutely lovely!!! I've been pouring over my creation recently, and just stumbled upon Banjara shisha mirror-work directions in my tribal costuming book! It's called "From Turban to Toe-Ring" Smiley One of my smalls is complete and I'm still deciding what the other should be, depends on how much longer my large is gonna take me. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently in:
RippledWater
Let me sashay your tightroped mind

"That costs how much?!! Psh! I could make that!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2010 06:46:39 PM »

Progress Report!!
I have completed my medium, but I think I want to add something to it. So we will say it's practically done. My small is being tested/drying/it's practically done as well. Just got to start and finish the large. And I'm pretty sure what I'm doing with it so that will definitely be done by the weekend! WOOT! WOOT!!

On a side note, I love my swap partner!! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar!
Saturn
The Ditzy Gypsy

« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2010 09:45:51 AM »

JUST A REMINDER!
Communicate & Communicate again with your partners!!! If you are going for a vacation/business trip/brain surgery/prison sentence/etc., let me know please!

If there is anyone following this thread that would be interested in angel-ing, let me know, there is a possibility that I may need you later this week.  Undecided

Thanks!
Saturn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently in:
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Mongolian Cabbage Salad
At Home with our Mongolian Chef Odnoo Celik
How to Make Mongolian Buuz Dumplings
How to Make Chinese Beef and Tomatoes
At Home with our Chinese Chef Lena Fung
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...