A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,166
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: COME ON ENGLAND!!  (Read 3017 times)
Tags for this thread: tshirt , world_cup  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Le Mieux
« on: June 12, 2010 09:16:07 AM »

hello,

this is just a quick one, but thought i'd post as i'm very very excited...for those not into football (or soccer....the *real* football  Wink ) it's the world cup at the mo, and tonight is England's first game against the USA, and I'll be watching it in Paris. Very international!

To commemorate the game, i customised a white t-shirt with St. George's flag. I expect a few raised eyebrows (or bottles...) in Paris  Cheesy 

COME ON ENGLAND!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

http://www.wists.com/harbles
http://miss-chlo.blogspot.com

UK Swap - sent!
soulfool
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010 09:23:42 AM »

haha!! too great!

is the cross a separate piece of fabric sewn in, or just paint/dye?
I thought the former at first, but I started looking at it and I'm thinking it's the latter.

either way, I LOVE it and would buy that shirt in a second. (I'm a lover of all things bold).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi, I'm in your boards, acting like a stupid.
nuttywoman

Help I`m trapped in the glass in my back door!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010 09:32:41 AM »

I love it , love the international thingy as well, my dd is married to a american and she be watching in Germany - i hope they don`t get to falling out over it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainysunshine789
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010 11:33:32 AM »

Watching the game right now, but I'm rooting for the US!  Lol.  Cute shirt though.  I'm from Alabama, so if you turned on your side a bit, it would be my state flag!  I wish the US flag was that easy to add to a shirt.  Ours usually end up looking way too cheesy when you make it into clothing.  Your shirt looks adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will sew for stamps!  Or swap stamps for fabric!  Send me a message for a personal swap!

http://pinterest.com/laneyruth/

OTT Swap Secret Pal Round 2 ~ Gathering ideas, crafting, sending, or sent.  Maybe. 
Inchies Mania Swap ~ Set #1 done, Set #2 begun
Jar of Whimsies Rd 12 ~ Partners! Stalk
tillstar
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010 02:07:29 PM »

A lot more classy than any of the shirts I've just seen in the local pub Smiley

I'm a German watching in England - due to English boyfriend. The German flag just looks stupid on a t-shirt, so I'm going with my local club (from when I still lived in Germany), St. Pauli. Much less hazardous than running around Southend with a German shirt, too.

I'm rooting for Germany of course but still a bit miffed about all those lost chances for the English team!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stars_Fire_17
Drop the Yarn and no one gets hurt!

Kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010 02:14:23 PM »

I'm in England but I'm an American (English husband)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kit

"Stars, hide your fires, Let not light see my black and deep desires"
Le Mieux
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010 05:31:29 PM »

a little miffed over here, but i love the collective spirit of the world cup, and lots of people commented on my shirt  Smiley
it's a white tshirt with a strip of red jersey across the middle (making a tie in the back) and a strip from top to bottom, each measuring 4inches wide and sewed with a straight stitch.

i met lots of lovely people in the pub and will be rooting for the aussies tomorrow - though any good football makes me smile (except when it includes a goalkeeper named Green  Embarrassed )

thanks for all the lovely comments, and good luck all you footie/soccer fans out there!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

UK Swap - sent!
*trina*
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010 04:53:58 AM »

How funny- I'm another German who will be watching the match in England tonight Smiley
Just about to nip into town to buy the material for my german-flag dress- I bet if we had walked into each other in the pub we'd have given each other a crafterly nod of appreciation  Cheesy what reactions did you get in Paris?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Le Mieux
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010 05:17:39 AM »

ah cool - if anyone makes a world cup dress/tshirt/anything post it! we can start a little football/soccer theme! for the germans - good luck today  Smiley

i got some really nice comments about the shirt - especially when people found out i made it. paris can be quite anti-english but i even had some french supporting us last night. i guess its world cup fever, people love watching a good game despite the team. either that or we can associate with each other due to the scandals surrounding the players  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

UK Swap - sent!
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010 08:04:16 AM »

Great shirt!  I love it. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Unagi Nigiri
How to Prepare Tsukemono
How to Cook Vegetable Tempura
How to Cook Tarka Dal
How to Prepare a Sweet Lassi
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...