A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,409
Currently Running With Scissors:
428 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: COME ON ENGLAND!!  (Read 4140 times)
Tags for this thread: tshirt , world_cup  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Le Mieux
« on: June 12, 2010 09:16:07 AM »

this is just a quick one, but thought i'd post as i'm very very excited...for those not into football (or soccer....the *real* football  Wink ) it's the world cup at the mo, and tonight is England's first game against the USA, and I'll be watching it in Paris. Very international!

To commemorate the game, i customised a white t-shirt with St. George's flag. I expect a few raised eyebrows (or bottles...) in Paris  Cheesy 

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

UK Swap - sent!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010 09:23:42 AM »

haha!! too great!

is the cross a separate piece of fabric sewn in, or just paint/dye?
I thought the former at first, but I started looking at it and I'm thinking it's the latter.

either way, I LOVE it and would buy that shirt in a second. (I'm a lover of all things bold).

Hi, I'm in your boards, acting like a stupid.

Help I`m trapped in the glass in my back door!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010 09:32:41 AM »

I love it , love the international thingy as well, my dd is married to a american and she be watching in Germany - i hope they don`t get to falling out over it  Grin
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010 11:33:32 AM »

Watching the game right now, but I'm rooting for the US!  Lol.  Cute shirt though.  I'm from Alabama, so if you turned on your side a bit, it would be my state flag!  I wish the US flag was that easy to add to a shirt.  Ours usually end up looking way too cheesy when you make it into clothing.  Your shirt looks adorable!

Will sew for stamps!  Or swap stamps for fabric!  Send me a message for a personal swap!

OTT Swap Secret Pal Round 2 ~ Gathering ideas, crafting, sending, or sent.  Maybe. 
Inchies Mania Swap ~ Set #1 done, Set #2 begun
Jar of Whimsies Rd 12 ~ Partners! Stalk
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010 02:07:29 PM »

A lot more classy than any of the shirts I've just seen in the local pub Smiley

I'm a German watching in England - due to English boyfriend. The German flag just looks stupid on a t-shirt, so I'm going with my local club (from when I still lived in Germany), St. Pauli. Much less hazardous than running around Southend with a German shirt, too.

I'm rooting for Germany of course but still a bit miffed about all those lost chances for the English team!

Drop the Yarn and no one gets hurt!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010 02:14:23 PM »

I'm in England but I'm an American (English husband)

"Stars, hide your fires, Let not light see my black and deep desires"
Le Mieux
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010 05:31:29 PM »

a little miffed over here, but i love the collective spirit of the world cup, and lots of people commented on my shirt  Smiley
it's a white tshirt with a strip of red jersey across the middle (making a tie in the back) and a strip from top to bottom, each measuring 4inches wide and sewed with a straight stitch.

i met lots of lovely people in the pub and will be rooting for the aussies tomorrow - though any good football makes me smile (except when it includes a goalkeeper named Green  Embarrassed )

thanks for all the lovely comments, and good luck all you footie/soccer fans out there!  Smiley

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

UK Swap - sent!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010 04:53:58 AM »

How funny- I'm another German who will be watching the match in England tonight Smiley
Just about to nip into town to buy the material for my german-flag dress- I bet if we had walked into each other in the pub we'd have given each other a crafterly nod of appreciation  Cheesy what reactions did you get in Paris?
Le Mieux
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010 05:17:39 AM »

ah cool - if anyone makes a world cup dress/tshirt/anything post it! we can start a little football/soccer theme! for the germans - good luck today  Smiley

i got some really nice comments about the shirt - especially when people found out i made it. paris can be quite anti-english but i even had some french supporting us last night. i guess its world cup fever, people love watching a good game despite the team. either that or we can associate with each other due to the scandals surrounding the players  Cheesy

UK Swap - sent!
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010 08:04:16 AM »

Great shirt!  I love it. Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...